: DVD Burner...

AirJigga25
01-29-06, 11:30 AM
I'm in the market for a DVD burner and I'm just starting my research.

I want to be able to burn data from my computer to DVD, copy DVD's, as well as burn recordings from my Comcast DVR box to DVD. I have about 40 family guy episodes and other stuff I need to burn. Giggity Giggity! Any suggestions?

I'll let you all know what technology I select. Any help is appreciated.

danbuc
01-29-06, 12:59 PM
I would go with a DL Sony DVD-R/RW drive. I've got one in my mahcine and it has worked flawlessly since I've owned it. That's more than I can say for the Lite-On DVD-R/RW drive I bought first which out of the box, couldn't read DVD, let alone burn them. After the horrendous ordeal with their customer service line, it can read and burn DVD's but now has trouble burning CD's. I would stick with Sony. They may be a little more expensive then some other brands..but they are definitely worth the money.

slk230mb
01-29-06, 01:36 PM
Danbuc, I like the signature.

AirJigga25
01-29-06, 02:23 PM
I would go with a DL Sony DVD-R/RW drive. I've got one in my mahcine and it has worked flawlessly since I've owned it. That's more than I can say for the Lite-On DVD-R/RW drive I bought first which out of the box, couldn't read DVD, let alone burn them. After the horrendous ordeal with their customer service line, it can read and burn DVD's but now has trouble burning CD's. I would stick with Sony. They may be a little more expensive then some other brands..but they are definitely worth the money.

Thanks man. I want the Cadillac of DVD burners so price isn't that important. I want ease of use, reliability, and the best features. the search is ON.

Another one of my tech purchases recently was a Western Digital 160GB external USB hard drive. It is great so far.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
01-29-06, 02:49 PM
I always buy Pioneer burners.
Not had a problem yet.

In the old days (or CD burning), Plextor was the money no object drive to go for, don't know if that is still the case.

danbuc
01-29-06, 03:06 PM
Danbuc, I like the signature.

Thanks...haha.:D

DBA-One
01-29-06, 04:00 PM
I've got an external HP dvd, cdr burner. Between that and dvd-shrink I can burn or copy anything.

MrEr1c
01-29-06, 08:31 PM
im not sure about now but when i got my dvd burner in november, i got the Plextor PX-740A. I did my research like i do with everything i buy and this drive was one of the best performing drives out there and it is dual or double layer.

Kev
01-29-06, 08:40 PM
I like to check out what Tom's Hardware has to say about things like that.