: Scratches on NAV screen...can it be replaced?

brtnharv
01-28-06, 08:15 PM
Hey guys, I have fine hairline scratches on my NAV screen. Its not noticable until the sunlight hits it, but when it does it looks like hell. Is there any easy part swap to this? I looked more closely at it and the actual screen is behind a layer of plastic it seems. I have tried plastic polish (McGuiars..sp?), monster screen cleaner, everything...:thepan: thanks everyone

CVP33
01-28-06, 10:11 PM
I'm on my 3rd NAV system. One had peeling buttons and one had the screen surround peeling.

6 rear diff's
3 nav systems
2 radiators
2 half shafts
2 pcms
1 rim
1 transmission
1 clutch
1 drive shaft
1 pressure plate
1 slave cylinder
1 sun visor

But who's counting. :lildevil:

1MEANV
01-28-06, 11:03 PM
gezzzzzz you are hard on equipment lol

brtnharv
01-29-06, 10:07 AM
Well I'm not looking to get the whole thing replaced, just the screen itself. Is there just a "cover" that can be swapped out?

odysseus
01-29-06, 11:09 AM
The protective glass screen is part of the plastic 'face panel' that includes the buttons. If you remove it, you'll see that the actual TFT panel (the monitor screen) is hard mounted to the Nav, and separate from the removable plastic face panel.

Unfortunatly, GM made the mistake of not stocking just the plastic front panel with buttons and the protective glass, separately. It seems this fails (scratches, or chipped buttons) much more than the actual Navs. If you bring it to the dealer, they'll swap it with a different Delphi unit (likely remanufactured), rather than simply fix the actual problem.