: Hit again

turbojimmy
01-28-06, 07:45 PM
Godammit.

So today I replaced the water pump cover on the car. I needed to drive it around a bit to make sure the new coolant gets to all the right places. I decided to run out to the grocery store to pick up dinner and some beer.

Cruising along the main road through the mall I see a Mazda Tribute waiting to make a left at a stop sign (ahead, on my right). I only noticed it because a co-worker that lives in town has one. Realizing it wasn't her I turned my eyes back ahead. When I'm like a couple of feet from said Mazda it pulls out in front of me. Knowing a front impact was imminent, I swerved left to avoid it. She hit the back of the Caddy pretty hard. I stopped for a sec but she kept going. There was too much traffic to turn around so I swung down a side road through the parking lot in her general direction. I lost sight of her and headed back to the witnesses and asked where she went. She had cut through a McDonald's parking lot and darted onto the highway. The only reason I knew it was a 'she' is because the witnesses told me, I didn't even see the driver so I didn't even have a plate #.

Feeling totally helpless I hit the OnStar emergency button and they patched me through to the local police. Within about 2 minutes 2 cruisers went screaming down the highway but they didn't find her. The actually did briefly detain someone who fit the description but it wasn't her.

So my brand new bumper cover is toast. The good news is she did no metal damage - just raked the front bumper of her vehicle down my new bumper cover directly behind the right rear wheel and tore the paint off of it. The impact was pretty hard so there's probably stuff busted up underneath there. You can see it was compressed and popped back out.

I'm not going to bother reporting it to the insurance company. My rates will go up and my deductible is $500. If they can save the bumper cover, it's 'only' going to be $500 anyway.

If I see a Mazda with white paint on the front bumper I'm going to go postal.

Back to the body shop.........at least my water pump cover isn't leaking anymore.

Jim

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-28-06, 07:54 PM
Damn dude that sucks so bad!

I can't believe the bitch did a hit and run!!!
Its good to hear onstar helped (or atleast tried to!)

How fast were you going? How fast was she going?

Well Its good that you're ok and that the Caddy isnt damaged too bad though.

You seem to have really bad luck, but I can feel for you. In the last 12 months, my car has been backed into 2x, and I hit that guard rail back in december, plus I've nearly gotten hit more times than I can count on my hands....

Good luck, and hope everything goes well!

CMC
01-28-06, 08:03 PM
Oh dear!

I remember reading the last time when that VW Beetle ran into you right?

You're having terrible luck Jim!

Sorry to hear a lovely Deville was injured!

urbanski
01-28-06, 08:26 PM
:(

davesdeville
01-29-06, 05:51 AM
Sorry dude. Had a similar thing happen to a friend of mine, except he was in a beater ass Corsica. He hit the parking brake, swung the back end around and followed the offender until APD could get a unit out there.

turbojimmy
01-29-06, 06:55 AM
Thanks everyone.

I was only going about 15 MPH. It's a really congested area. Right in front of the movie theaters, lots of people crossing, cross traffic, etc.

Hitting someone and taking off is just a crappy thing to do.

I always liked to think I'd be better at tracking someone, but I lost her pretty much immediately. I'm not sure what happened. She took an immediate left, and I (going in the opposite direction) took an immediate right. The way the lot was laid out we should've met. Once she got behind McDonald's she was gone and there's no way out of that lot except for where I was waiting for her. Unless she jumped a curb to get onto the highway, which is possible.

Oh well. What's done is done. At least I wasn't in the GN, which I had been tooling around in earlier in the day. Not that it's a show car or anything, but there definitely would've been metal damage. At least on the Caddy the inexpensive plastic cover took the hit. If they can save the cover I'll probably have it sprayed again. If not I may just touch it up the best I can and forget about it. I'm tired of the BS. Maybe I do need a beater. When I was looking at big sedans I almost bought an ex-police car. Probably should've.

Jim

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-29-06, 10:54 AM
Yeah I was actually gonna say its a great thing you werent in the Grand National.. that car is much rarer and probably has much more sentimental value..plus it's much more expensive to repair.

Also, I wrote in that I think you should buy some '70s Caddy because they're built so strong and can pretty much walk away from any collision, but I edited it out because I thought it was kind of insensitive.

Playdrv4me
01-29-06, 12:57 PM
"IS WAYNE BRADY GONNA HAVE TO CHOKE A BITCH?!" Haha, Sorry to hear about the bad luck.

turbojimmy
02-08-06, 03:48 PM
Well I put the repainted cover on it today. The quality of the job is not what it was before, which is annoying. But the guy who runs the shop is a friend of mine and he cuts me a pretty good deal. There's a couple of imperfections that only I will notice.

He mixed it slightly darker this time so it actually matches slightly better than last time around.

It's nice to have the car back to normal since I've been driving it around with no bumper cover since Saturday. It's not so nice to pay $270.

Jim

Kev
02-08-06, 04:22 PM
Well, it could have been worse. Glad it's back together for you.

By the way Jimmy, did you ever find that fuse?

turbojimmy
02-08-06, 05:18 PM
Well, it could have been worse. Glad it's back together for you.

By the way Jimmy, did you ever find that fuse?

Which fuse now?

Kev
02-08-06, 05:33 PM
Which fuse now?The one that powers the circuit to the neon lights on the outside of your car that read; "PLEASE HIT ME!" :p

:rofl:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-08-06, 05:44 PM
It's not so nice to pay $270.

Yeah, but just think how much it would be if it was your Grand National or if you had something like an S Class Mercedes....

LittleB
02-08-06, 07:18 PM
Aww that's too bad! I can't believe she ran...wow well sorry that happened! LOL I like your "If I see her I am going to have to go postal" line :histeric:

turbojimmy
02-08-06, 07:34 PM
The one that powers the circuit to the neon lights on the outside of your car that read; "PLEASE HIT ME!" :p

:rofl:

I guess I walked right into that one!

Jim

turbojimmy
02-08-06, 09:27 PM
Yeah, but just think how much it would be if it was your Grand National or if you had something like an S Class Mercedes....

True. It could always be worse. It would still be nice to have a little justice, but I believe in karma. She'll get hers and she'll wonder why her life sucks. I'd be REALLY pissed if someone took out the back of the GN. But the bumper on the GN would've done a lot more damage to her car than the Caddy. Probably would've stuck in which case I could've gotten out and beat her about the head and shoulders.

Aww that's too bad! I can't believe she ran...wow well sorry that happened! LOL I like your "If I see her I am going to have to go postal" line

Yeah the timing wasn't so great on that. Didn't some crazy ex-postal worker kill a bunch of people last week? Hence the term, I suppose. I find myself examining the fronts of dark colored Madza Tributes and their cousins the Ford Escape. Nothing yet.

Jim

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-08-06, 09:36 PM
You could always pull a "number six" on her.

Or you could rip her eye out of her socket, then skullf**k her!!

Kev
02-08-06, 11:09 PM
I guess I walked right into that one!

JimI'm sorry Jim, I just couldn't help myself there!

Kev
02-08-06, 11:11 PM
.... Didn't some crazy ex-postal worker kill a bunch of people last week? Hence the term, I suppose. ...Yeah, that happened just down the road about an hour from me. It was at the main mail handling facility in Goleta, CA. Held up the mail inside for nearly a week.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-08-06, 11:22 PM
They did a spoof of that "postage handler gone mad" situation in Naked Gun 33 1/3.

turbojimmy
05-19-06, 07:55 PM
Well, I got hit again today. No shit. I thought I'd add on to this thread since I got hit EXACTLY the same way. Dude rolled through a stop and tagged me in the same exact spot I got it back in February. Destroyed the bumper cover - again. We'll be going through this kid's insurance this time.....he hit me hard enough to upset the stability control system. It seems okay now, but when he first hit me I got the STABILITY SYS message because he pushed the back of the car around.

Cops came, exchanged info, etc. and so on. Looks like I get another new bumper cover. Maybe the third is the charm?

Jim

Stoneage_Caddy
05-19-06, 11:27 PM
damn get the target off that car .....sonofabitch is cursed

gary88
05-20-06, 12:11 AM
You should just drive a tank around from now on. At least you'll know your vehicle wont get damaged when someone hits you :highfive:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-20-06, 12:26 AM
Dude, you need yourself a new car. That one is cursed. God is out to get it! LOL!

turbojimmy
05-20-06, 05:30 AM
If it is cursed I wish the curse would just take it once and for all (preferably without me in it). These minor fender benders are getting annoying.

I'm a little worried because the damage to the cover isn't all the way through. They may attempt to fix it. I'd rather have a new cover.

It is a little spooky though. I have to wonder why people keep driving into it.

Jim

Stoneage_Caddy
05-20-06, 09:50 AM
I can explain this ....ive seen it in a few horror movies ....

See what happens is the main character brings something back to life that as we later find out was supposed to remain dead ....it roams the streets reeking havoc on the people in town ....till one day the national gaurd is called in ....or godzilla bends it over .....

but it seems your wheels werent also possed by the devillegeist .....

turbojimmy
05-20-06, 09:55 AM
I can explain this ....ive seen it in a few horror movies ....

See what happens is the main character brings something back to life that as we later find out was supposed to remain dead ....it roams the streets reeking havoc on the people in town ....till one day the national gaurd is called in ....or godzilla bends it over .....

but it seems your wheels werent also possed by the devillegeist .....

I'm glad the wheels aren't affected by the curse. I'm thinking that maybe the car was meant to remain dead. It was essentially abandoned by the owner and put up for sale by the dealership because of unexplainable electrical problems (which I have yet to experience). Then the flood came. It's been a good car, but there are forces acting in subtle ways that are trying to kill it. I'm worried that these attacks may begin to increase in intensity.

Time will tell.....

Jim

Stoneage_Caddy
05-20-06, 10:40 AM
contact steven king ....he might be interested in takeing that off your hands

gdwriter
05-20-06, 08:19 PM
Destroyed the bumper cover - again. Looks like I get another new bumper cover.
Have you thought about joining the Bumper of the Month Club?

http://www.gdwriter.com/images/ethel.jpg

Night Wolf
05-20-06, 11:56 PM
It's almost as bad as my Oldsmobile....

something about a silver '89 Delta 88.... cars, trucks and vans were just attracted to the thing like a high powered electromagnet....