: New Hp Numbers For My V

CTSVLS6
01-28-06, 07:20 AM
AS MANY OF YOU KNOW DYNOTECH ENG. IN FT. WAYNE IND. USED MY CAR AS THERE TEST MULE TO DEVELOPE PACKAGES FOR THE CTSV. I TOOK THE CAR BACK TO THEM (FOR A LITTLE WINTER TUNE UP) TO HAVE THEM INSTALL A LITTLE DIFFERENT CAM AND ALSO 1.8 ROCKERS. SO NOW I AM RUNNING THERE STAGE V PACKAGE PLUS 1.8 ROCKERS. PHIL CALLED ME AND SAID, THIS CAR IS A REAL THRILL TO DRIVE AND QUITE IMPRESSIVE FOR THIS HEAVY OF A CAR. HE SAID IT NOW MAKES 437 RWHP/395 RWTQ ALL DAY LONG, HOT OR COLD. THIS IS WITH SW HEADERS, RT CATS, X=PIPE, AND CORSA, ALSO I HAVE THE VOLANT CAI INSTALLED AND ALL THE OTHER GOODIES THAT COMES WITH THERE STAGE V PACKAGE.
GREAT JOB PHIL, CAN'T WAIT UNTILL NEXT WEEK TO DRIVE IT.:worship:

Devil_concours
01-28-06, 08:28 AM
very nice numbers

PneuBird
01-28-06, 12:30 PM
I knew you would get those numbers up a bit with that new cam, Paul. :thumbsup: Phil at "DTE" has done a wonderful job with our platform and the rest of the forum members should know this. These are real everyday numbers guys and with great everyday driving characteristics. A excellent dyno tune was done on my "V" also. I'm sitting on 360 RWHP and 350 RWTQ with Kooks heades, Corsa exhaust, and stealth V CAI. Down the road, I will go with the cam and AFR heads, and ported TB to get to at least 425RWHP. I've driven in Paul's car and I can tell you .....It will snap your neck around!!! If your within driving range of Ft. Wayne, IN, you have got one hell of a good tuner waiting for you with a dyno to help bring out each "V"s individual best fuel maps, air flow ratios, etc. BTW, it was great to see you again, Paul. Hope you got the stock exhaust home, OK. Don't forget to 'Beat the Cubes Daily!!!!" :burn:

CTSVLS6
01-29-06, 07:10 AM
PneuBird-- It was great to see you and meet all your family. We had fun on the way home with that stock exhaust sticking out the back. We got some really weird looks on the interstate. :eek: You sold me on the UUC shifter and bushings so I ordered one from James at Lindsay Cadillac.
Phil said the boys in the shop said the car sounds like it belongs on a nascar track. He said inside it sounds about the same but outside it is really loud. I had them install a Magnaflow tru-xpipe (in place of the Corsa resanators) with the Corsa mufflers. Weather permiting they are going to deliver the car next weeked. Can't wait.:bouncy:

kd7895
03-20-06, 10:54 PM
Paul,
I've bee talking to Phil about doing my car. Can you email your phone number and times to call so I can talk to you about it?

Thanks, Mickey Waller

CTS-VPaco
03-21-06, 11:36 AM
Are you still on the stock heads, and if so, have they been worked?

I was thinking of a cam upgrade and those supporting mods to maximize it. Since this is my first domestic hotrod, and not being a true domestic enthusiast, I know very little about our platform and who makes what for the V that truly kicks ass.

I just wanna know what folks are running to get upwards of 450hp on motor. That's right where I wanna be!

CTSVLS6
03-21-06, 12:09 PM
Are you still on the stock heads, and if so, have they been worked?

I was thinking of a cam upgrade and those supporting mods to maximize it. Since this is my first domestic hotrod, and not being a true domestic enthusiast, I know very little about our platform and who makes what for the V that truly kicks ass.

I just wanna know what folks are running to get upwards of 450hp on motor. That's right where I wanna be!

No, Here is what DTE installed. DTE spec'd AFR fully CNC ported and machined cylinder heads (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) w/ stainless steel 2.020"/1.600" intake-exhaust valves, HD dual valve springs, 7* locks, titanium valve spring retainers and hardened valve spring locaters/shims

By the way. The car is running great. Very quick.

DaveSRX
03-21-06, 02:36 PM
Kick ass numbers!!:worship: