: Anyone run these on the road courses?

VelodromeRacer
01-27-06, 11:42 PM
I need a second set of rims to mount my track day tires to, has anyone
run the Mille Miglia MM-S that Tire Rack sells?

I haven't had much luck finding a set of stock rims and wondered how these might hold up.

I ordered a set of the Falkens that should be here first week of Feb.

thebigjimsho
01-28-06, 12:05 AM
I have a set of Mille Miglias and they do very well at the track with the Hoosier slicks that are on them now. I've had them on the market for a couple weeks now. I still have to put up an ad for them. 2 events on them and plenty of tread on perfect wheels. No TPS.

KILR CAD
01-28-06, 12:11 AM
That is disgusting seeing a Ford on your ass :tisk:

thebigjimsho
01-28-06, 12:27 AM
That is disgusting seeing a Ford on your ass :tisk:Well, since this was at the National SHO Convention, I guess there were going to be disgusting Fords all over the place.

At least he didn't pass me. Considering he had at least 500lbs less gross weight than I did and he's got a roll cage and SC with at least 12lbs of boost putting out more hp than the V, I think I did pretty damn well, thank you.

Come to find out months after this track day, he had my old Wilwood 13" brake setup. 2 years ago, I had a 325 whp '92 SHO all prepped for racing. I sold it. The kid who bought it stripped it down and sold the brakes to this guy. So I had a hand in him staying behind me.

But that's OK. If you want to see a a Ford not on my ass, check out the vid from last year of my good friend in a near 500hp SHO putting car lengths on me.

Joey'sVee
01-28-06, 10:02 AM
A sho???? lol!

thebigjimsho
01-28-06, 12:49 PM
A sho???? lol!I'd be more careful about the way you talk in front of former and current SHO owners because there are more on this board than you think, unless you want to be an elitest jerk.:helpless:

But then again, you are the moody boy that can't stand his V most of the time, either.

Devil_concours
01-28-06, 01:04 PM
A sho???? lol!
they're light and the yamaha engine is rock solid.

sefa01
01-28-06, 01:49 PM
I, too, have run Mille Miglias with Hoosiers. I've had no problems with them. If Jim gives you a good price, you should grab them.
And as far as Fords go, you'll see in my avatar that there is a Mustang right behind me. This was an event at Pocono. That was as close as he got to me, although--as Jim points out--there are other Fords at other HPDEs that blew my doors off.

There's only one truism with cars: There's always SOMEBODY faster.

thebigjimsho
01-28-06, 02:05 PM
I, too, have run Mille Miglias with Hoosiers. I've had no problems with them. If Jim gives you a good price, you should grab them.
And as far as Fords go, you'll see in my avatar that there is a Mustang right behind me. This was an event at Pocono. That was as close as he got to me, although--as Jim points out--there are other Fords at other HPDEs that blew my doors off.

There's only one truism with cars: There's always SOMEBODY faster.Tru dat!

Joey'sVee
01-28-06, 05:30 PM
I'd be more careful about the way you talk in front of former and current SHO owners because there are more on this board than you think, unless you want to be an elitest jerk.:helpless:

But then again, you are the moody boy that can't stand his V most of the time, either.

LOL...not real scared of the SHO boys. I don't like SHOs but that doesn't mean you need to get your panties in a wad. :annoyed: It's just differences in taste bro that's all. Didn't mean to insult anyone. :D

Actually I love my V just wish it didn't have as many problems. :yup:

Back to the thread.....does anyone know where to get a set of the Mille Miglias...a link would be great! I'm guessing these are the cheapest wheels we can get for the track...is that right?

Thanks!

Todd TCE
01-29-06, 09:24 AM
I'd be more careful about the way you talk in front of former and current SHO owners because there are more on this board than you think

I'd second that. Seems the SHO just doesn't go way, now after 17 years even.
Not sure who's car that is (Mark?) but I know where the brakes came from.

ace996
01-29-06, 11:23 AM
I've had the Miglias on for a few months now...they do look pretty good for cheaper wheels. Just a head's up though, the offset is different than the stockers, they're pushed out a little to make up for the fact that they are 8inches wide vs 8.5in of the stockers. I mounted up a set of 255/45 Kumho ASXs and they rub the brake ducts a smidge. I'd assume you could get away with 255/40s, as they're a little shorter.
Should a certain local V-pilot not want them, I'll have a set for sale soon.
-ace

VelodromeRacer
01-29-06, 11:43 AM
The Miglias on the Tire Rack website mentions that they include a mounting kit? Do they use spacers, or are they direct bolt on? The Tire Rack website picture on the V also shows them as a 5 lug in the picture, but they at least list them in the specs as a 6-115.
Thoughts?
What else did you need to do to the car for a day at Pocono Sefa01? or does the V not run hot..my 2004 GTO seemed to hit some high engine temps and I ran short sections...of course it could have been the driver too! :)

ace996
01-29-06, 12:54 PM
The mounting kit are lugs...direct 6-lug bolt-on wheels, nothing to it.
-ace

Devil_concours
01-29-06, 05:09 PM
while we're on the topic of racing, have you guys checked out the ariel atom with the supercharged engine? it's now available in us.

VelodromeRacer
01-29-06, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys!

atdeneve
01-29-06, 09:23 PM
The Ariel Atom looks like it's just a ladder, err, frame on wheels. But, hey, it gets the job done. Function over form and being that it's only purpose is really just to attack the track, I guess it functions pretty well.

thebigjimsho
01-31-06, 03:16 PM
I'd second that. Seems the SHO just doesn't go way, now after 17 years even.
Not sure who's car that is (Mark?) but I know where the brakes came from.That's Kiegel's SHO. Those are 3rd owner brakes but are indeed TCE Wilwoods.

sefa01
01-31-06, 03:50 PM
The Miglias on the Tire Rack website mentions that they include a mounting kit? Do they use spacers, or are they direct bolt on? The Tire Rack website picture on the V also shows them as a 5 lug in the picture, but they at least list them in the specs as a 6-115.
Thoughts?
What else did you need to do to the car for a day at Pocono Sefa01? or does the V not run hot..my 2004 GTO seemed to hit some high engine temps and I ran short sections...of course it could have been the driver too! :)The Miglias don't need anything except the lugs they come with (which thankfully don't have caps). The V does not run hot. Brakes are great. Add about 1/2 quart of Mobil 1 before you start to make sure of proper lubrication under Gs. Make sure wheels are torqued correctly (100 lbs). Leave your car mats and any junk at home. Have fun.

Dennisscars
01-31-06, 09:44 PM
Oil will run hot if you stay in too high of a gear.. ie over 5,500 for long periods. I found it has plenty of torque, so grab another gear. Drive it like a big block and not a OHV ricer.

My car still doesn't burn any oil but bring some anyway. At Laguna Seca a low mile '06 was blowing smoke under decel, so maybe he wasn't seated yet.

I check wheel torque at start and mid way each day.