: any hockey fans?

chuckdobbins
01-27-06, 11:27 PM
i know this may be a stretch, cuz hockey has lost its appeal (yes, believe it or not it was once popular lol), but are any of you folks hockey fans?

i promised myself i wouldnt get into it this year cuz of the lockout, but everytime i flip through channels i always end up watching. GRRR i cant stop!!

up until this month ive been mostly disappointed with the bruins this year. they have much of the same team they had 2 years ago when they finished first in the division (only to get beat first round by the canadiens, which i unfortunately had to witnessed in person. the sheer horror!), but for some reason theyre only playing .500 hockey.

however, january has been kind to me. theyve won 6 out of the last 8, the only 2 losses coming after regulation, giving them 14 points out of a possible 16.

ill be in attendance thursday night when they play the habs, which for comparison for people who dont watch, i like to call them the yankees of hockey. if they get owned like they did when i was there 2 years ago in the playoffs ill be a sad sad guy.

someone jump in please. stop me before i get too excited/carried away and fly out the window. theres gotta be some hockey fanatics around here somewhere? who's your team? what do you think about the new rules and penalties this year?

Florian
01-27-06, 11:31 PM
Im a referee in the AHL...actually refereed the Columbus Blue Jackets training camp this year. You could say I dig hockey. Ive been a huge Montreal fan since I was a kid (even went to see the Habs play in the old Forum on my honeymoon!!) Love the new rules! I always hated 2 line passes, really slowed the game down and kept me from getting to the bar.

F

chuckdobbins
01-27-06, 11:44 PM
Im a referee in the AHL...actually refereed the Columbus Blue Jackets training camp this year. You could say I dig hockey. Ive been a huge Montreal fan since I was a kid (even went to see the Habs play in the old Forum on my honeymoon!!) Love the new rules! I always hated 2 line passes, really slowed the game down and kept me from getting to the bar.

F

the AHL is great!! always a great game in in providence. ive always liked watching the albany river rats or springfield falcons come to providence. its guaranteed to be a close game with more than enough physical play, not to mention the fighting.

a canadiens fan? oh brother lol. it never ceases to amaze me how year in, and year out the bruins clearly have a better team than the habs, but for some reason ALWAYS ALWAYS AAAAALLLWWWAAAAYSSS end up getting beat by them. nothing upsets me more than watching boston lose to montreal.

remember that time the fans at the bell centre boo'd the US anthem? gotta love the french...

i agree with the 2 line pass being canned, although its killing boston cuz they're absolutely horrendous in the neutral zone. any team that can transition even half-way decent, the bruins really have no chance against anymore. im sick of the penalties though. theres no physical play in front of the net. too many guys are getting 2nd and 3rd chance goals when they should have been dumped on their backsides before first shot was fired.

Rauf
01-28-06, 01:27 PM
I'm a fan of Oilers (especially of 80's). It was a great team. What is your opinion about the greatest hockey game(s)? I guess they were the final series of 1987 Canada Cup between the USSR and Canada.

madooch
01-28-06, 04:32 PM
i am a ranger fan since i was a little boy

johndfw
01-28-06, 09:52 PM
Hey gang!
I'm a Dallas fan. I was fine with the sport before the lockout. I have'nt watched as much hockey this year as I have in the past.
I guess the lockout affected me more than I thought it would ( and I really hate that).
Later

chuckdobbins
01-29-06, 02:15 PM
Hey gang!
I'm a Dallas fan. I was fine with the sport before the lockout. I have'nt watched as much hockey this year as I have in the past.
I guess the lockout affected me more than I thought it would ( and I really hate that).
Later

i think the lockout thing has had a more profound effect on the "old time hockey" generation. i used to be bothered by it, but once i started watching a few weeks into the season i had completely forgotten about it.

the rangers rank #2 on my love to hate list btw. second to the habs of course =]

SilverCTS
01-29-06, 07:44 PM
Being from Southeastern PA, I'm a huge Flyers fan...

But watch this video...Next Gretzky?

Highlights from Alexander Ovechkin (in just half a season).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3709358974845487567&q=Alex+Ovechkin

LilaGirl72Eldo
01-30-06, 12:00 PM
im into hockey this year a lot more than in the past.. Im a sharks fan, i go see them frequently at the concord pavillion..

CHEECHOO TRAIN! :) WOOOOOOO!

Shaggy
01-30-06, 07:21 PM
I'm a fan of Oilers (especially of 80's). It was a great team.

Attaboy. They'll come around again.

Florian
01-31-06, 04:39 PM
im into hockey this year a lot more than in the past.. Im a sharks fan, i go see them frequently at the concord pavillion..

CHEECHOO TRAIN! :) WOOOOOOO!

Johnathan Cheechoo....too funny. He was such a scrub here in Cleveland but really blossomed in the NHL. (the chicks REALLY dug him here) I watched him grow as a player in the early 00's. I was glad to see him get a shot at the NHL and make good on it.

F