: (rant)$20 worth of golf balls...gone

SpeedyArizona
01-27-06, 10:43 PM
:mad: Went golfing earlier this afternoon and hit EVERY single golf ball into the lake! Kept trying to chip it over, and it kept falling right into the water. I was so angry, I now have a bent wedge:crybaby: !

chuckdobbins
01-27-06, 11:15 PM
aw man thats harsh!

a few years ago i was putting for eagle on the first hole and i rimmed it out. i tossed my putter in frustration (not even a throw, just a little flip of the wrist) and the head of the putter fell clean off.

...i putted with the driver that day.

davc
01-28-06, 12:12 AM
hey speedy .... we looked at some property about 8-9 yrs ago in CareFree and CaveCreak .... it's really nice up there ..... but had to go back to Ohio for a few years .... family stuff .... but now back down here in Florida ...

sorry you lost your balls ..!! i donated a few to the lakes today myself ... the crocks make you think twice about going after them ..!!

gary88
01-28-06, 12:48 AM
I hate losing golf balls. But I don't have to worry, because I get them for free from my grandpa. Titleist Tour Prestige 90s and 100s :dance:

I really want to go golfing soon, except it's 40 degrees outside and there's snow on the ground.

davesdeville
01-29-06, 05:42 AM
Ah the benefits of living in the southwest. I should really go golfing again soon, haven't been in about a month.

FSU_Noles
01-29-06, 07:16 PM
:mad: Went golfing earlier this afternoon and hit EVERY single golf ball into the lake! Kept trying to chip it over, and it kept falling right into the water. I was so angry, I now have a bent wedge:crybaby: !

Take an extra club and swing easier, also unless you are playing for money try dropping on the other side of the hazard. Saves money on golf balls and replacement clubs.

I should also ask which balls you were playing, since $20 can be 18 of the cheap balls or 6 of the "good" balls.

Eric Kahn
01-29-06, 07:51 PM
I buy the cheapest golf balls I can get since they all seem to go away eventually when I play:D

Elvis
01-29-06, 08:47 PM
I have a 16' long collapsible rake for scooping balls out of the lake.

Thanks to guys like you, last season yielded about 60 balls found, only about a dozen lost. :histeric:

Sorry for your loss! ;)

Boombotz
01-29-06, 09:44 PM
I have a 16' long collapsible rake for scooping balls out of the lake.

Thanks to guys like you, last season yielded about 60 balls found, only about a dozen lost. :histeric:

Sorry for your loss! ;)

Elvis all I have to say is this

Kev
01-29-06, 09:49 PM
My Grandfather had lots of golf balls, he got tired of playing the game (and hated paying the green fees) so he ended up walking the outskirts of the courses and telling his dog to fetch the balls. She found hundreds of them!

Elvis
01-30-06, 10:00 AM
An elderly friend of our family used to disappear for a couple hours at a time every day and nobody could figure out why.

They looked in the storage room by his garage and discovered that he was hoarding golf balls. It had become an obsession for him.

They finally realized he had Alzheimer's disease when he was caught running out on the course snatching them from the fairways before the golfers could get to them.

That will be me someday.

Kev
01-30-06, 02:35 PM
An elderly friend of our family used to disappear for a couple hours at a time every day and nobody could figure out why.

They looked in the storage room by his garage and discovered that he was hoarding golf balls. It had become an obsession for him.

They finally realized he had Alzheimer's disease when he was caught running out on the course snatching them from the fairways before the golfers could get to them.

That will be me someday.LOL!