: coolant loss

caddysteve
01-27-06, 09:50 PM
Hello,new to the forum.Iwas just wondering,i can not see a leak from my cooling system but i have a small leak.I noticed the passenger floor was a little bit wet but i am not sure if this is coolant or just road snow/salt (tend to use alot of salt here in ontario canada).Temperature has not changed in the two years i have had the car(always around 198 to 203 at the most).just wondering where thios coolant might be going.thanks for the advice in advance.

By the way the car is a 1993 sts with 245000 kms on it if that helps.

Ranger
01-27-06, 09:55 PM
If you have coolant on the floor in the passenger side, it is coming from a leaky heater core. You should be seeing foggy windows with an oily residue as well.

caddysteve
01-27-06, 10:05 PM
Thanks ranger for answering so quick.I do not see any window fog, this seems to be baffling me.I'm not new to cars but definately northstars and cadillacs in general(always drove dodges{i can hear it now}.I have checked all connections that i can find and they are bone dry.Is there another system maybe for the heater in the back console? thanks for the help, much appreciated.

caddydaddy
01-27-06, 10:20 PM
I'd check to see if what fluid was on the passenger floor. If it is coolant, it's dripping down from the heater core, like Ranger said. The heater core is right behind the glove box.

caddysteve
01-27-06, 10:35 PM
Thankyou for answering so fast. Iwill check it out tomorrow(it is way to cold to bother with it now).I nothing major,I just paid a little less than seven hundred to have vthe alternator replaced(something to do with the heated windshield).anyway thanks again for the responses.
:bouncy:

Ranger
01-27-06, 10:44 PM
In this respect, cadillac is no different than Dodge, Ford or any other car. Coolant on the passenger side floor is a leaky heater core.

caddysteve
01-27-06, 11:14 PM
Thankyou to all. You were right(sort of).Found a leaking hose clamp.Thankyou all again for the help( feel like a complete moron{oh well #### happens}. If you need help with the old girls keep me in mind.Thanks alot guys!