: gmpartsdirect.com problem

RLLOVETT
01-27-06, 08:25 PM
Does anybody have a phone # for these...people? I ordered a passenger's door latch from these folks for my 94 Eldo after mine died in an ice storm; they took my credit card #, warned me it was a special order item, gave me an order # a week ago. I still have no word from them about availability, they've ignored my emails, and now I'm desperate cuz my other vehicle got whacked in parking lot (pass. door...) and needs to go to the shop. That makes the Eldo the family transporter which is nigh impossible w/o a passenger's door. I know God's punishing me for trying to save $10 over brasington.com(always reliable!) and $25 over the local stealership and now I can't even pull the plug on the order!! Thanks if you've been here and can supply the phone contact!

Ranger
01-27-06, 08:53 PM
I don't think they have a phone no. or at least will not give it out. It is online only. I have ordered a specail order part from them before and it took 2-3 weeks as I recall, but it did come.

eldorado1
01-27-06, 09:00 PM
GMPD is notorious for slow order shipments. Just email them saying to cancel the order. Worst thing that happens is 4 months down the road they charge your card and ship the order. If that happens, just call the card company to issue a chargeback. Let GMPD sort out the rest.

caddydaddy
01-27-06, 09:22 PM
I try and buy from Rock Auto now. They are so much faster than Brasington or GMPD. But if it's a special order item, you may be stuck waiting for it!

Ranger
01-27-06, 09:41 PM
Rockauto will always get my buisness before gmpartsdirect if I have a choice. Their shipping is super fast, and you can talk to a live person if you wish.

Dadillac
01-27-06, 09:43 PM
GM Parts Direct is actually Flow Chevrolet in NC. Since it is a Chevy dealership, they do not stock Cadillac parts. So almost everything bought for a Caddy, is special order. They place the order through GM, and the parts ship from the local warehouse. I have used them 4 or 5 times. The longest it has taken, is 15 days, to get the parts. They will contact you when the parts ship via e-mail. IMHO the savings outweighs the waiting.

Don

jadcock
01-28-06, 08:02 AM
I've ordered once from GMPD, but won't ever again. I was ordering ACDelco plug wires. It was about 3 weeks before we had to take the car on a 1500 mile trip for Thanksgiving, plenty of time right? Got the common "it's a special order part" hogwash, but it would ship in a week they promised; the part never did ship. Two weeks later, and I'm still driving around at 1/2 throttle or less so the car wouldn't misfire and GMPD is still holding the bag. I emailed them to cancel the order and got some nonsense back about the part being special order and that it can't be canceled. I couldn't find a phone number for them either, so I wrote back a rather stern email saying that they didn't live up to their shipping promise and I'm procuring the parts elsewhere. If they billed my credit card, I would refuse payment.

I never did hear from them again, and my card never did get charged. I won't deal with them again. I've heard mostly good things about Rockauto, so if I ever do need anything again, I'll try them next time.

davesdeville
01-29-06, 05:41 AM
Ordered $250 worth of ETC parts at rockauto on Sunday night/Monday morning. Got 2 boxes of stuff on Thursday, another on Friday. I'm very happy with them, even got a couple free pens (OK they're for ad purposes but it's still cool in my book.)