: Do you have a "6th sense?"

dbdartman
01-27-06, 04:01 PM
Well, my mother does! This morning, she had to run about 25 miles up the road to her girlfriend's house & she just had this "feeling" that someone's bumpre had her name on it, so... Rather than take her Rav4, or the 94 F-150, she takes the Caddy (90 SDV with 175K miles). On the way there, she almost gets it from a truck entering the interstate, but she had room so she floored it & changed lanes, avoiding certain catastrophy. At that point, she figures she's "out of the woods" so to speak. :tisk: Gets to her GF's, does what she has to do & both are leaving, backing down the driveway. Well, Mom stopped because a UPS truck is barreling down the road, her GF didn't see her stop. :suspense: I didn't know my Caddy had plastic fenders! :suspect: Anyway, Sue (Mom's GF) took out the driver's fender, headlight, corner marker & bumper. She left the car there because the bumper was rubbing on the front tire & got Sue's husband to drive her home. I loaded up the battery powered saws-all, a BIG hammer, a floor jack handle & a 4 foot long 2X4, & we headed back up to the car to see if I could get it home or if it needed towing. All the way up there, all I can see is the whole front of the car being wrinkled & needing an entire front clip. :eek: It wasn't near as bad as I suspected. After forcing the 2X4 between the tire & bumper (& setting off the alarm :bigroll: ) I pushed the bumper back out & we drove home. Just got back from the U-pull-it boneyard around the corner & found all I needed from a 92 Coupe DeVille, so guess what I'm doing Saturday morning? http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3_2_116.gif So, for less than $300 I'll get all the parts I need PLUS another cast aluminum wheel to replace the one with the egged-out lugs I discovered a few weeks ago when I had new tires & an alignment done. :thumbsup:

I also discovered another thing: Mom has a lead foot! The average MPG was down to 18.2. By the time I got the car home, the average was back up to 19.4, :bouncy: about where it usually runs for me.

So.... What's your "6th sense" story? :alchi:

Elvis
01-27-06, 06:07 PM
Something kept telling me not to get out of bed this morning. It felt as if I was being held down by three or four very strong people. A voice said that if I got up, I would end up at work all day. I got up anyway.

That voice was so prophetic. Really spooky, huh?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-27-06, 06:10 PM
I've been having dreams lately where Sonic the Hedgehog tells me to burn things.....

gary88
01-27-06, 07:13 PM
I get deja vu a lot. It's wierd when you're doing something, and you know what's going to happen next

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-28-06, 12:38 AM
LOL!!!

The deja vux is the name of a strip club here in the twin cities!

JimHare
01-28-06, 06:58 PM
Six?
Many people suspect that I lack the other five... :bang2:

ElDawgg 2G
01-28-06, 07:28 PM
Hello...

I sometimes get the opposite of Deja Vu...
It's called Vuja De...
It's the feeling that something like this has never happened before!
LOL

dbdartman
01-28-06, 08:11 PM
I'm feeling MY 6th sense right now... PAIN! The other 5 are: hungry, sleepy, horny, happy, & sad.

2 - 1/2 hours pulling a front bumper, fender, trunk popper, & a wheel/tire. The pain comes from lugging a 50 pound tool box, then a 70 pound floor jack in a little red wagon a quarter mile each way through rocks the size of your fist (& bigger).

Gonna have a :alchi: or 2, :yawn: then hit it early. :halo:

Also, gotta thank Sandy again for so quickly answering my paint code question! :thumbsup:

dbdartman
03-14-06, 02:19 PM
Update: after 3 days of work, my brother & I got the new fender stripped, painted & installed yesterday. The paint is a little dark & hasn't been final sanded & buffed yet, but we're just happy the metallic didn't turn out "tiger striped" (as is common when amatures paint metallic colors). Not too bad for spray bomb paint (from Tower Paint), eh? At least I get to drive my car again!

dbdartman
03-14-06, 02:24 PM
Oops, here's the "after" pics... :bigroll:

http://dbdartman.moparts.com/pic/cadrepaired-1.jpg
http://dbdartman.moparts.com/pic/cadrepaired-2.jpg

DopeStar 156
03-14-06, 03:33 PM
I have a 6th sence. Little B will vouch for that....

CIWS
03-14-06, 05:10 PM
I've learned not to talk about such things except in certain circles. On the net in most common forums, one just catches a lot of crap about it most of the time. But I will say I've had multiple instances of Psychic phenomenon in my life, more so in the last 5 years, and I have several friends who are quite "gifted". If you think you're having repeated instances of it, we usually recommend keeping a journal and writing it down to reference later. We all have different gifts. Some come very natural to certain individuals and others have to work at developing them. Just like with other "talents"