: Ground Control availability and...

Florian
01-27-06, 02:28 PM
...will there be an initial GB available? Thought they were gonna be ready soon.. :suspect: :Poke:
Curious minds want to know.

F

04CTSVFLA
01-27-06, 02:30 PM
yes im stuck btwn buying this kit or buying exhaust. I need to know how much to set aside. can anyone put out an educated guess on the price of the whole kit. Also what level is the install going to be: beg, med, hard, expert, or needs to be done by a shop.

Geno
01-27-06, 02:41 PM
:bomb: Yah, I don't sleep very well because I'm waking up in the middle of the night thinking about this kit. I don't think I can handle another two weeks of anticipation.:bomb: :ill:

Florian
01-27-06, 02:44 PM
the GC kit was 499 originally...dont know if they will offer a GB or not...cant wait...need that kit!

F

Staxxin
01-27-06, 03:17 PM
the GC kit was 499 originally...dont know if they will offer a GB or not...cant wait...need that kit!

F

What exactly comes in the kit?

04CTSVFLA
01-27-06, 03:36 PM
499 ouch, thats really expensive. Especially considering how cheap springs are to make - springs can be had for 20-30 dollars for all 4 springs for older cars...I dont get why 500 is at all reasonable - regardless of whether or not the intended market has many rich enthusiasts in it - that doesnt give them the right to charge $$$$ ridiculous amounts of cash for such a simple/cheap part. But Im gonna buy em anyway LOL. if i wasnt using quick reply - id insert little picture of head getting smashed by hammer LOL.

Silver Baron
01-27-06, 06:09 PM
Comparable kits from them (m3, BMW 5) list for about 390-420, with group-buys around 350-375.
I would expect a similar price for the CTS, unless they can point out some major difference that increases their build cost.

BowenCT
01-27-06, 07:37 PM
499 ouch, thats really expensive.

Really? I thought it was a screaming bargain. Before the price was posted long ago, I was fully expecting them to be around $1500 or so. When I saw $500, I was stoked.....

Dreamin
01-27-06, 08:35 PM
Florian: They were targetting availability on Jan 30, due to Eibach back-ordering their race springs. I dont know what the current date is. I suggest googling 'ground-control' for their ph# and calling them (Ask for Mark or Jay). The more people that call, the better MHO!

Staxxin: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60824 - See First Post, text near the bottom.

04CTSVFLA: Would love some V springs (Coil-overs or conventional) for $20-30!! Please post more details.
The Eibach race springs alone are $60/each, add $100-200 for the rest of the coil-over hardware, and $500 pricing seems reasonable.
The only other coil over kit available for the V is the Mallett kit, which is $3890 (you need his shocks)

Silver: The major differences that increase the build cost over the ~$400 kits are: (1) The rear of the V is not a "shock-over-spring" design from the factory, nor did GC want to make it a "shock-over-spring" design like other's do for other cars; this requries extra hardware for the rear spring (top and bottom mounts). (2) A custom-made tool is included in the kit to remove a front bushing when taking the front apart. (3) (I believe this is still true) The kit will come with custom-made rear shock mount plates to fool the nivomats.
So list price is $499... when I talk to them originally, the GP price would be $440 +/-.

Staxxin
01-27-06, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the link Dreamin!!!

byucelt
01-28-06, 03:45 PM
When I called GC last Wednesday the 25th, they told me the kit will still be a few weeks out, meaning that the 30th won't happen. The GB for the kit is $450 which in my oppinon is an excellent price.