: Where to get custom centercaps for 19" Bryal rims?

LV_V
01-27-06, 02:02 AM
Just got my rims back from being powdercoated and the lips polished. What I am missing now is some decent looking centercaps. The ones I have now are shitty plastic fake chrome junk. I want to get some custom aluminum centercaps made that I can then have powdercoated to match the wheel centers that were just powdercoated graphite black.

Any ideas? Can I take the cheap centercaps I have now to a machinist for an aluminum replica? Anyone have any experience with custom work like this? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

lasstss
01-27-06, 09:39 AM
Just got my rims back from being powdercoated and the lips polished. What I am missing now is some decent looking centercaps. The ones I have now are shitty plastic fake chrome junk. I want to get some custom aluminum centercaps made that I can then have powdercoated to match the wheel centers that were just powdercoated graphite black.

Any ideas? Can I take the cheap centercaps I have now to a machinist for an aluminum replica? Anyone have any experience with custom work like this? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

YOu cannot make a snap in cap of aluminum. Take what you have to a shop and have it duplicated. You will need to add set screws inside to hold them in. THis is the easiest /cheapest way.

LV_V
01-27-06, 02:32 PM
Have you heard of emachineshop.com? I found it last night when googling for a machine shop. You can download their CAD software for free that will allow you to design parts and have them priced automatically through their software. I designed some centercaps out of 6061 T6 aluminum and they came out to about $50 each including the powdercoating (price gets cheaper with more quantity). Would you suggest that I add some internal flanges to my design with a threaded hole to use a set screw? That may work, thanks for the idea!!

One more quick question: can you engrave a powdercoated piece of aluminum? I want to get the Cadillac shield/wreath engraved on each centercap. Any ideas?

lasstss
01-27-06, 02:52 PM
MAke it a snug clearance fit. Put 3 set screws in the perimeter (back end).

As far as engraving. Take a shot at laser engraving. Not sure if it can be done on plastic/polyester..