: center link and bearings arggg

caddy4sho
01-26-06, 05:49 PM
wow im seriously starting to get sick of this car...everything costs so much. I went to the shop and figured out that i need a new center link ($400) and new front hub and bearing assembly for both of the front wheels($240 each!!). Out of curiousity what couses these things to go bad? I know im a spirited driver, but come on its a caddy it should be able to handle this. Have a lot of people had either of these problems? Ive already spent $600 in other repairs for the car and I'm getting sick of it. The only reason im keeping the car is because I've putting a lot of time and energy designing the custom fit sub box and cd changer. In addition to that, my 97 w/85,000 miles doesnt sell for much. Im a college student, i cant afford to keep feeding parts to my car The gas mileage definitly doesn't persuade me to keep the car. When I drive like a grandpa i still get 17/18mpg in the city and at most 20mpg in the highway. Any ideas or suggestions 4 nething????.....im gonna lose my mind!!!!!!!

miahcornell
01-27-06, 01:10 AM
Do the work yourself maybe? And buy parts from ebay.co.uk
Theres nothing on this car thats too tough to fix, as long as you can find out what it is.

gixxer_751
01-31-06, 02:37 PM
wow im seriously starting to get sick of this car...everything costs so much. I went to the shop and figured out that i need a new center link ($400) and new front hub and bearing assembly for both of the front wheels($240 each!!). Out of curiousity what couses these things to go bad? I know im a spirited driver, but come on its a caddy it should be able to handle this. Have a lot of people had either of these problems? Ive already spent $600 in other repairs for the car and I'm getting sick of it. The only reason im keeping the car is because I've putting a lot of time and energy designing the custom fit sub box and cd changer. In addition to that, my 97 w/85,000 miles doesnt sell for much. Im a college student, i cant afford to keep feeding parts to my car The gas mileage definitly doesn't persuade me to keep the car. When I drive like a grandpa i still get 17/18mpg in the city and at most 20mpg in the highway. Any ideas or suggestions 4 nething????.....im gonna lose my mind!!!!!!!

i here ya, i've invested about 1k & I've only had the car for 5 months. i bought it for 3k (thinking it was a good deal) 3 weeks later, leaky valve convers (both of 'em) ($650), crankshaft possition center ($120), and sparkplug wires ($240),:helpless: pimp car when its running but i must say, i had less trouble with my chevy tracker, much less trouble

miahcornell
01-31-06, 10:47 PM
Geo Trackers are amazing vehicles. On one of mine, where the rear trailing arm connects to the frame rusted off while I was driving. Still got me home. I've owned 3 of these trackers (geo tracker, and 2 suzuki lwb models) and they take everything you dish out.

And about dropping 1k on a car. Your car has over 100k miles, any car with that many miles is going to need some work.