: Power Suroof

quicksilver7
01-26-06, 04:41 PM
Hello all, I have a 2000 Catera and it didn't come with an owners manual. When I close the sunroof I have to press the switch until it gets half way shut then I can let it go and it will close. If I don't all it will do is close a little then open right back up. It will open and vent perfectly just when I want to close it from the open position I have to hold the switch in. I have tried reprogramming it. It works once and then goes back to the other way. Is there any suggestions from anyone. Am I programming it wrong? is there something I should do when i am finished the program, like shut the key off or turn the engine on? any pointers would help me out a lot. Thanks in advance.

caberts1
01-26-06, 10:38 PM
this is how you program it. make sure the sun roof is closed all the way. then push the knob up and turn it to the right all the way and keep holding it up. when it is all the way open wait 5 secends and let go. turn the knob back to the close position but do not push it up. after it closes do the same as above but turn it to the left. then turn it to the close position after it is closed your sun roof is programmed. if that does not fix it then you switch is bad and you will need to replace it. i have read on many forums that this is a common thing. hope i could of helped.

quicksilver7
01-27-06, 08:49 PM
Thanks for your help I tried what you said and I think it is my switch that is gone. at least it still opens. (knock on wood). Thanks anyway.

AllenPacla
01-28-06, 03:32 AM
try spraying some contact cleaner and get it into the center of the switch hoping to dislodge some grime that may be there and it could bring your switch back to life. I had the possessed sunroof symptom before where the sunroof just decides to open itself up. I fixed it doing what i just adviced you. You can use WD40 for the job.

Timelode
01-30-06, 10:20 AM
Quicksilver, here's a link to a .pdf versions of Cadillac manuals. (http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/resources-cad.html#om) All the info for programing the sunroof and windows are in there.

quicksilver7
02-12-06, 05:36 PM
Quicksilver, here's a link to a .pdf versions of Cadillac manuals. (http://myweb.accessus.net/%7E090/resources-cad.html#om) All the info for programing the sunroof and windows are in there.

Thanks for all your info. I will try the contact cleaner. I have that manual and I have tried the instructions it didn't work. thanks anyways.