: Wood Trim Available for the V?

V-SATX
01-26-06, 10:12 AM
I am a new member and new owner. I have not had this much fun driving in 10 years. I would like to personally thank all the knowledgable members that take the time to particpate in this forum. I have learned more lurking and reading this formum over the past few weeks than I thought possible.

Question is it possible to have the wood inlay installed on the CTS-V? My dealer (Ken Batchelor) replaced my radiator and I recieved the V6 with the wood trim througout the interior as a loaner. I thought this might be a nice ad on to my vehicle.

Thanks for your responses in advance.:cool2:

urbanski
01-26-06, 10:16 AM
Check your Sponsors on the right --->
http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/CTGY/CTS
USSpeed has them.

San 'tone eh? Welcome and maybe I'll see crusing around one day :)

V-SATX
01-26-06, 10:32 AM
Urb,

I wanted to PM you but I do not have permission yet. Are you from SA originally? I grew up in Detroit MI. Anyway I was really impressed with the work you did on noise reduction. Maybe we can get together and talk about mod dreams and aspirations. I will buy the beers; Shiner right?

:bighead:

V-SATX
01-26-06, 10:37 AM
Just got off the phone with my dealer they want over 1K to do the install. I just saved 1K. Time for me to become a contributing member.
:bouncy:

urbanski
01-26-06, 10:41 AM
yeah....you'll get PMs when you become contributing
and we definitely need to have some Shiners :)

d urban@satx.rr.com
(remove the spaces ;) )

ps. we need to talk about Batchelor, too. I find Cavender to be better.

willsctsv
01-26-06, 10:57 AM
YUCK. Wood trim in the V???????

Should of bought a LEXUS!

thebigjimsho
01-26-06, 11:31 PM
mr. squirrel says please no wood trim.

Kadonny
01-27-06, 09:25 AM
YUCK. Wood trim in the V???????

Should of bought a LEXUS!

Thats funny because everyone that has ever ripped the V interior in print or on the net has always noted the lack of wood on the interior. Goes to show each person is different.

I think a little bit of wood can make the car look richer as long as it is not overboard.

Kadonny
01-27-06, 09:26 AM
Double post, sorry.

DrivingAmericanNow
01-27-06, 11:37 AM
I think a little bit of wood can make the car look richer as long as it is not overboard.

I agree 100%. Caddy should have a wood option for the V so those of us who'd like to warm up the interior. I bought a Cadillac, not a Hyundai.

Florian
01-27-06, 11:48 AM
I think a little bit of wood can make it <edit> look long.

Usually works for me....

F

thebigjimsho
01-27-06, 10:54 PM
There is no sports sedan that looks good with wood IMO. The problem with the V is the expanse of plastic on the door and the quality of said plastic. A stick-on wood kit in a V would look about as good as a wood kit in an SHO, which is to say, not good.

urbanski
01-28-06, 07:39 AM
the paint is flaking on the center stack trim pieces in places...so i'd imagine the extra weight of the "wood" would hasten the flake :p

Devil_concours
01-28-06, 07:43 AM
There is no sports sedan that looks good with wood IMO. The problem with the V is the expanse of plastic on the door and the quality of said plastic. A stick-on wood kit in a V would look about as good as a wood kit in an SHO, which is to say, not good.
sts-v interior looks fantastic

CIWS
01-28-06, 07:56 AM
It's all a matter of taste and desire. Not everyone is buying a V to make a race car out of it. Just most who visit this section of the forum. :lildevil:

thebigjimsho
01-28-06, 12:45 PM
sts-v interior looks fantasticI meant smaller sports sedans. And I wouldn't like the STS-Vs interior if it didn't have the dark colored wood, whatever that's called.

L.Sanchez
01-28-06, 01:54 PM
sts-v interior looks fantastic

No offense, but I don't understand how some people can compare different cars like that. The interior design on the STS-V is COMPLETELY different. What looks nice on one car probably won't look good on another. The STS has a luxury interior. The CTS has more of the "edge" look that caddy's "art and design" theme is all about. If you've seen the base CTS's with wood, they look tacky because none of those pieces were originally made to be wood. Sit in your seat and look at your dash...you can't tell me there is a section of that dash that if it had wood on it, it wouldn't look out of place. There is no place for inlays on our dash. Therefore, either the whole center section of the dash needs to to be replaced with a molded wood version or you tack on that stick on stuff which on a $55k car looks disgusting. Just my opinion. :duck:

I've seen the molded wood kits and the stick on kits on V's and they look like exactly what they are...stick on, aftermarket wood kits. :cookoo:

To each his own I suppose...

Ladis

Ziplicon Tuesday
01-28-06, 08:43 PM
I installed the brushed aluminum kit from wood dash experts. It has "Vcts" cut into it and I placed a red carbon fiber V with gloss black cts inserts in them. I bought the 48 piece kit but only installed 3 - the console, around the heater controls and on the rear cup holders. I placed a poor pic on the site before and some didn't care for it - but man it dresses the excessive black vinyl look way up. It's worlds better and instead of introducing wood - it ties in very nicely with the door handles and steering wheel.

When people get in the car and I mention I added it, they usually say they thought it was from the factory and were suprised the factory didn't include it in the first place since it's such an obvious need with the other metal trim.

Devil_concours
01-28-06, 09:51 PM
I installed the brushed aluminum kit from wood dash experts. It has "Vcts" cut into it and I placed a red carbon fiber V with gloss black cts inserts in them. I bought the 48 piece kit but only installed 3 - the console, around the heater controls and on the rear cup holders. I placed a poor pic on the site before and some didn't care for it - but man it dresses the excessive black vinyl look way up. It's worlds better and instead of introducing wood - it ties in very nicely with the door handles and steering wheel.

When people get in the car and I mention I added it, they usually say they thought it was from the factory and were suprised the factory didn't include it in the first place since it's such an obvious need with the other metal trim.
pics?

rodster111
01-29-06, 12:10 PM
If I wanted wood trim on a V I would avoid the stick on stuff too and just order the OEM factory wood pieces that Cadillac uses on the standard CTS.

That eliminates the cheesy stick-on look entirely.

Ziplicon Tuesday
01-29-06, 02:15 PM
DevilCon - here's some pics as requested. They are from a phone in the garage on a rainy day - so they ain't very good. I always felt the stick on trim stuff was crap too - but the interior needed an upgrade. I am very pleased with it - many in here will not agree - matters not.
I also matched the console with the same trim on the rear cup holders. When it's folded down, it really ties the front and rear together well.
At least these pics give an idea of what it looks like. I feel wood would entirely change the muscle character of the car.

RocketV
01-30-06, 04:08 PM
Those wood pieces are not face plates, but part of the assemblies. That means you have to buy a vent assembly, radio, and lower piece. This comes to a frightening total in the money department. I looked into this to upgrade my wife's '04 SRX. When I saw what was involved I decided that her dash is plenty nice just as it is.

Vendetta-V-
04-02-06, 08:24 PM
DevilCon - here's some pics as requested. They are from a phone in the garage on a rainy day - so they ain't very good. I always felt the stick on trim stuff was crap too - but the interior needed an upgrade. I am very pleased with it - many in here will not agree - matters not.
I also matched the console with the same trim on the rear cup holders. When it's folded down, it really ties the front and rear together well.
At least these pics give an idea of what it looks like. I feel wood would entirely change the muscle character of the car.

Do you have a link to the Wood Dash Experts you said made your brushed aluminum trim for your car? Looks great!