: Post subject: Just put 30 car lengths on a new Boxster S, & he WAS racing!

verbs
01-26-06, 03:39 AM
So as I was getting onto a freeway, I noticed a porsche speed up behind me. We get on the freeway and I slow down so traffic can fly by. I look over and notice it's a new Boxter S. Cocky 40 something guy with a good looking woman in the car. He nods his head at his woman and down shifts as if he's saying, "watch me smoke em' honey."

He takes off; we're both going about 45mph (I'm in second gear), I give him a one car lead and floor it. Talk about a blood bath, this massacre dwarfed when we dropped an A-bomb on Hiroshima. By the top of 2nd gear (80ish mph) I had 7 cars on him, top of third (110ish mph) I had like 15-20 or so cars on him, and by about 140mph I had an easy 30 cars on him.
He pulled up next to me and said what the **** is in that thing! I told him what I had and he said, yeah no shit it does!

I've never laughed so much after a kill. I had my buddy in the car to witness this and we couldn't stop laughing about how bad we embarrassed that guy in front of his woman.

Racing rules.

rgd
01-26-06, 05:15 AM
I don't doubt you were faster and I hate to be picky, but unless you have some tall tires or custom gear ratios your off about 15% on your top speeds per gear. With stock tires, top speed in second gear is 66mph (6500 Rpm) and third gear is 96 mph (6500 Rpm)
1st gear 46 Mph
4th gear 137 Mph
5th gear 163 Mph
6th gear 163 Mph (4300 Rpm)
:yup:

By the top of 2nd gear (80ish mph) I had 7 cars on him, top of third (110ish mph)

globed70
01-26-06, 08:05 AM
You shouldn't be surprised...

1. You've got a better power/weight ratio
2. You've got torque accross the band, he's got to keep it on the boil to produce power
3. Power overcomes weight as speed increases

It was a kill before it started. If you come accross a Boxster S in the twisties, he has a MASSIVE advantage.

willsctsv
01-26-06, 08:58 AM
Boxter in the twisties. LMAO.. I had one spin out right in front of me at limerock. I was right behind him, I didn't spin! After that I never saw him in my mirror. He never caught up!

verbs
01-26-06, 11:25 AM
I don't doubt you were faster and I hate to be picky, but unless you have some tall tires or custom gear ratios your off about 15% on your top speeds per gear. With stock tires, top speed in second gear is 66mph (6500 Rpm) and third gear is 96 mph (6500 Rpm)
1st gear 46 Mph
4th gear 137 Mph
5th gear 163 Mph
6th gear 163 Mph (4300 Rpm)
:yup:

:lies: :shhh: Just teasing!!!:hide:

My bad.....I was so excited I forget to mention the part where I was driving my buddies 1000hp (on pump gas) 2000 Trans Am. He has a 3.42's in the back and a 6800rpm rev-limiter, so viola! Setup was a 408ci GT55 single turbo. Running on the "low" boost setting of 12.5 psi :histeric:

heavymetals
01-26-06, 01:16 PM
Hey moderator.

How about closing this thread?

Has nothing to do with the V.

DrivingAmericanNow
01-26-06, 02:48 PM
Hey moderator. How about closing this thread? Has nothing to do with the V.

:yeah: :Offtopic: :dammit: I was interested until I found out you crushed him with a Pontiac. Race your buddy with the V and then let us know how it goes. BTW: You don't have to win to make it a good thread. :eyebrow: