: Atco Raceway, NJ 3/11/05...

FASSTWOOD
01-25-06, 11:41 PM
Hey guys thought someone might be interested. Our Impala SS cousins will be having a drag day at Atco Raceway in New Jersey 3/11/05... It be cool to see some Fleetwoods there... I'll be there trying to improve on my 13.9 1/4 mile time... here is the link... (http://impalassforum.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=001870)

DaveSmed
01-26-06, 12:08 AM
Hey guys thought someone might be interested. Our Impala SS cousins will be having a drag day at Atco Raceway in New Jersey 3/11/05... It be cool to see some Fleetwoods there... I'll be there trying to improve on my 13.9 1/4 mile time... here is the link... (http://impalassforum.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=001870)

Damn, I'd go but my time machine broke! (:D)

Seriously though, I may go. Spectator most likely, but maybe i'll try a time trial or two, depending what condition my car is in.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-26-06, 12:13 AM
Hmmm I would wanna see how a 375 horse 472 powered Sedan deVille would do against a LT1 Fleetwood Brougham

N0DIH
01-26-06, 01:39 AM
I would love to, but a bit far for me.... Bummer!!

Hmmm I would wanna see how a 375 horse 472 powered Sedan deVille would do against a LT1 Fleetwood Brougham

I would too! Stock LT1 w/2.93 gears vs stock 472 w/similar gears, it would be a tough race. The key would likely be traction.....

Katshot
01-26-06, 05:45 AM
Most likely, I'll be there.

DaveSmed
01-26-06, 12:51 PM
I would love to, but a bit far for me.... Bummer!!

I would too! Stock LT1 w/2.93 gears vs stock 472 w/similar gears, it would be a tough race. The key would likely be traction.....

I'd probably get slayed at the moment. I found a good portion of one of my camlobes in my oil pan during an oil change one day. New cam and timing set is on the infamous "to do" list, with a mountain of other things. Not to say I won't run it as a baseline for the new cam though...

FASSTWOOD
01-26-06, 09:45 PM
It usually does take me a month or two to get the year right..LOL It would definately be cool to see some caddies there for sure... Katshot don't be shy this time come on over and say hi...:duck:
Here's a sight you don't see too often...
http://www.cusstom.com/gallery/data/media/17/IMG_1164.jpg

Katshot
01-27-06, 07:52 AM
You mean you DON'T see too often, right?
If we actually have this meet, I would assume we'd all be parked together and would be socializing. At least that's how it "usually" goes at these things.

FASSTWOOD
01-27-06, 08:41 PM
Ooops.. Forgot the "don't" but I fixed it. yeah we'll usually all park together Like we did at E-town and make fun of each other...:histeric:

DaveSmed
01-27-06, 08:57 PM
Ooops.. Forgot the "don't" but I fixed it. yeah we'll usually all park together Like we did at E-town and make fun of each other...:histeric:

Ah yes, but this year we miss out on getting to make fun of a certain someone spraying Mountain Dew all over their interior with each shift...

Katshot
01-28-06, 07:57 AM
Ah yes, but this year we miss out on getting to make fun of a certain someone spraying Mountain Dew all over their interior with each shift...

Huh?
Who did that?
We'll also miss a certain someone getting his ego trounced by my daughter on the track! ;)

DaveSmed
01-28-06, 11:56 AM
Huh?
Who did that?
We'll also miss a certain someone getting his ego trounced by my daughter on the track! ;)

Haha I forgot about that one! I thought "shift" would be a big hint... If I heard right, Bill got rid of that thing?

Katshot
01-28-06, 06:56 PM
Haha I forgot about that one! I thought "shift" would be a big hint... If I heard right, Bill got rid of that thing?

Duh, sorry, I missed that. I'm not sure. He's had the thing for sale so many times it's not funny. The last time, he had it on Ebay and at the very last minute, the thing supposedly sold but I emailed him a couple times after to see what happened and he never answered. I haven't seen him post since either so I'm not sure whether he's a Cadillac owner or not. My guess is he sold it but for a lot less than he wanted. At least that explains why he just ducked out of sight ever since.
I was looking forward to seeing him at the Impala SS club's national meet in the Pocono's last summer but from what I heard up there from one of his freinds, his engine was blown again and so he couldn't make it. I think he just finally got tired of working on it and dumping money into it.

DaveSmed
01-28-06, 08:11 PM
I think he did end up selling it, and just has the station wagon now.

I think he just finally got tired of working on it and dumping money into it.
Wait! You mean theres something else your supposed to do with project cars?! :hmm:

JTraik
01-28-06, 10:27 PM

Lets just say we ain't geared to well for the strip not to mention a few extra pounds :rolleyes:

FASSTWOOD
01-29-06, 02:20 AM
Bill did sell his car to somene from Jersey but i thought the car was in the Bronx not sure of location. He's got a caprice wagon now and a DCM Impala. Right after he sold the caddy he bought a camaro and got tired of that right away and found the Impala...

FASSTWOOD
03-07-06, 10:47 PM
TTT

Coming up this saturday. Hope to see some fleetwods there.

davesdeville
03-08-06, 03:05 AM
Damn, I'd go but my time machine broke! (:D)

Seriously though, I may go. Spectator most likely, but maybe i'll try a time trial or two, depending what condition my car is in.

http://www.500caddy.us/random/dooit.gif
Doo it.

Katshot
03-08-06, 05:39 AM
I forgot all about that. What time is everyone getting there? Who all is going?

Katshot
03-08-06, 07:51 AM
I made a post on the CTS-V forum to try to get some of them involved.

DopeStar 156
03-09-06, 01:55 AM
Ahh shit I could make that. I might make an appearance....

Katshot
03-10-06, 04:59 AM
Guys, have you checked out the Impala SS forum lately? I'm not totally sure we're going to get a lot of track time on Saturday. What do you think? I'm waiting to here back from Glen about this. I'll feel like an ass if I manage to brow-beat some 'V' guys into coming and then find out we might only get one run. :mad:

turbojimmy
03-10-06, 07:00 AM
You're probably better off going with a smaller crowd or on a night that's not very crowded. I went to a track day at Atco with the Buick guys a year or two ago. There were only 10 or 12 of us. It was like $140-$150 a head, but when you consider the cost-per-run of a regular race or T&T day versus a small group renting the track it works out well. We were there all day (9-5) and could run as many times as you want. I got 12 runs in before I baked the posi and quit for the day. I've paid $25 for T&T at Island and got only one run in.

Jim

Katshot
03-10-06, 07:07 AM
You may be right Jim. I just checked with Glen over on the Impala SS forum and he said that tomorrow is open to B&D bodies ONLY. From what I can tell, it's also going to be a rather crowed and short timeframe. I'll probably rethink this one. :(
I really wanted to take my wife's Aviator down for a couple runs too. I did some exhaust work on it and need to track the mod with respect to ET change before proceding with my next phase.