: Selling my 91 Fleetwood

Destroyer
01-26-06, 12:32 AM
I will be parting with my beloved 91 Brougham after putting a lot of work and money into it. Reason?, I'm really itching to get into something sportier like a Vette. I bought the car as a daily driver but decided to make into my hobby car instead. I still think it would be cool to continue on the progress I made but you are talking to a guy who has always had sports cars around. Porsches, Vettes, Stangs, Z28's, etc have always been the kind of cars I had as "toy" cars and I am feeling the need to get back to that. Anyway, my Fleetwood is a 2 owner (me being the second) Florida car. This car has no rust at all, it even looks new underneath. All chrome and bumpers like brand new. The original (old) owner gave this car a new paint job (looks factory new), new top (again like new and high quality), he rebuilt the transmission, and probably did a lot more than that. The stock 5.0 305 Chevy started blowing smoke and he did not feel like rebuilding it and dumping more money into it so he sold it to me. The odometer shows 146k miles but in all honesty the car looks and drives like it has 25k miles on it, its in that nice of shape and always garaged.

The good:

I installed a 355 Chevy motor out of an 87 Iroc 5.7. Motor had a $2800 rebuilt and now has less than 8k miles on it. All internals were replaced with new and not reused. I got the motor from a good friend that was moving to NJ. He had the motor in his 87 Iroc that got hit in the back and he could not take it with him. I know this all to be true because I was there when it was being rebuilt and I had to drive the guy around for two months till the job was done. It was only on its second oil change when I got it. The motor sat in my garage for 2 years before I bought the Fleetwood and installed it.

I had a 2 1/4" stainless steel exhaust installed with Maganaflow mufflers. Sounds like a muscle car should and it has no catalytic converters. This car would not pass emmissions test but I live in Florida and they are not required.

All engine accessories like alternator, starter, water pump, were replaced with new.

New Mallory fuel pressure regulator installed

New Edelbrock 650 carb and Holley intake installed

Summit racing street/strip distributor installed w/high perf coil and aluminum cam gear installed

Car now has stock 3:08's, I put 3.73's in it but the fuel cost were killing me

A/C compressor, accumulator, drier are all new ($900 cost). System is converted to new refrigerant.

front tires are new (less than 2k miles)

Tinted windows

The bad:

passenger side front window seems to be a bit off track and raises slow but still works. All others work great.

Rear bumper fillers are getting faded and one of them has a couple of cracks. Not bad though.

Motor makes a lifter noise (tapping) when cold and driving but if you let it warm up first it will NOT make the noise. Needs rockers adjusted? I dont know

A/C compressor will not power on. Since I did the carb conversion (used the TBI at first), the A/C is not getting power. Took it to a mechanic, they powered it on with a tester and said the A/C works perfect but the wire to power it on is not working. I have had no time to mess with it. Damaged wire?, I need to trace it back and see whats up.

Anyway, I'm asking $3500 for the car. Its in excellent original condition inside and out except for the motor and exhaust which I tweaked with. I'm in Pinellas county FL. If any of you guys are interested let me know. I'm out of time but I will post some pics. Later.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-26-06, 12:40 AM
Oh man if I was 5 years older I'd jump on it, but money's tight and I have no place to put it so sorry!!

Good luck though!

N0DIH
01-26-06, 02:36 AM
Sounds like a nice ride! Wish I could talk my mom and dad into it!! They used to have an 85, and loved it. They are selling their RV now and the tow car, and need a new ride. But they want something with better economy and no so big (they complain the 97 Deville won't fit in a Florida garage easily!)

Destroyer
01-26-06, 11:39 AM
Here are some pics of the car.

caddycruiser
01-26-06, 12:51 PM
Wow, looks TERRIFIC!:thumbsup:

I understand the wanting a smaller, sportier car though. Back when we had just the '93, there'd be days when I was driving it and just thought to myself, "Boy, would it be nice to have a little newer, more agile and crisp handling car." Those thoughts go in and out, but I've yet to find a newer, smaller replacement that I like as much overall....hence me recently buying the '95.

Best of luck with it, and I hope a true "appreciator" buys it and keeps it as is!

Destroyer
01-26-06, 08:57 PM
Wow, looks TERRIFIC!:thumbsup:
I understand the wanting a smaller, sportier car though. Back when we had just the '93, there'd be days when I was driving it and just thought to myself, "Boy, would it be nice to have a little newer, more agile and crisp handling car." Those thoughts go in and out, but I've yet to find a newer, smaller replacement that I like as much overall....hence me recently buying the '95.
Best of luck with it, and I hope a true "appreciator" buys it and keeps it as is!
Yeah, my fleet of cars includes the Fleetwood, an '00 Camry, 97 Mercedes S320 and a '99 GMC Explorer conversion van. I'm 34 but if nobody met me and just saw my cars they would think I'm 74:D . I'm probably just going through some mid life crisis but I think I want a Vette, something I can take out without the wife and kids and just cruise.

brougham
01-27-06, 05:51 PM
Ads belong in the classifieds area.