: why??

mlg
01-25-06, 05:24 PM
why is there so much stinkin space between grill and hood?? lokks stupid can this be adjusted?? to look like an integrated design instead of an afterthought???

DrivingAmericanNow
01-25-06, 08:46 PM
looks stupid can this be adjusted??

Acetylene & Elmers

CIWS
01-25-06, 09:00 PM
<Bullshat Expert> Well Sir, the CTS-V utilizes the high horsepower Corvette engine in the compact CTS enclosure, which in order to obtain maximum performance, requires a specialized airflow into and across the engine in order to provide the driver with maximum thrust to weight ratios and maintain adequate cooling for the massive powerplant. Therefore in an effort to implement these techniques the Performance Division at GM purchased computer time from the N.S.A. to design these specific airflow characteristics into the front end of the CTS-V and then have them Laser cut for a precise gap to achieve these spectacular results. The end result is a cost effective sedan with unparalled performance features that makes you, the domestic roadway fighter pilot, simply want to scream "V BABY !" </Bullshat Expert>

;)

ace996
01-25-06, 09:06 PM
<Bullshat Expert> Well Sir, the CTS-V utilizes the high horsepower Corvette engine in the compact CTS enclosure, which in order to obtain maximum performance, requires a specialized airflow into and across the engine in order to provide the driver with maximum thrust to weight ratios and maintain adequate cooling for the massive powerplant. Therefore in an effort to implement these techniques the Performance Division at GM purchased computer time from the N.S.A. to design these specific airflow characteristics into the front end of the CTS-V and then have them Laser cut for a precise gap to achieve these spectacular results. The end result is a cost effective sedan with unparalled performance features that makes you, the domestic roadway fighter pilot, simply want to scream "V BABY !" </Bullshat Expert>

;)

More proof that it's not what you say, but how you say it. Fantastic!!! I love it!!! I do agree about the air-inlet thoughts, though.
-ace

DrivingAmericanNow
01-25-06, 09:25 PM
why is there so much stinkin space between grill and hood?? lokks stupid can this be adjusted?? to look like an integrated design instead of an afterthought???

Funny, I always thought there was too much space between the hood and the headlights. The blank spaces look ugly. I'm still looking for a grill stretcher. Or maybe a headlight stretcher. Hmmmmm.............

urbanski
01-26-06, 08:55 AM
nobody i know of has posted an actual "fix" for this.
worse yet (as is the case with mine) every V I've seen, even in pics, has a slightly uneven gap side-to-side.