: Hello- Header inquiry

Melrose Motorsports
01-25-06, 01:36 PM
Greetings,
We are considering producing LT headers for the V. Can anyone tell me how similar the Vette and CTSV engine bays are? We are having trouble finding a local car to study. If we decide to proceed with production we usually offer a free system to the owner of the car we use for fit and design.
Thanks Chris

CRZY747
01-25-06, 01:49 PM
Were are you located ??? I have a car

GNSCOTT
01-25-06, 01:49 PM
You will most definately need a V there to do the fitment unless you copy someone elses design.

CRZY747
01-25-06, 01:54 PM
Hmm IL hu, is that lower IL or upper. I work in Wi, but the car is in Houston, texas. hmmm can we ship it

J

50 4Ever
01-25-06, 02:00 PM
Hmm IL hu, is that lower IL or upper. I work in Wi, but the car is in Houston, texas. hmmm can we ship it

J

Looks like they're west of Chicago.

Melrose Motorsports
01-25-06, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys,

If we end up doing it we would need the car at our Header facility 2 hours north of Detroit in MI. At this point I don't know if there is enough of a market. At least I know now that a car will be available through someone here.
Thanks Chris

Imperator
01-25-06, 07:21 PM
I might be able to offer a car that's right in your backyard. How long will you need the car for? How much time to make the jig, and do you have a supplier for coating and catalytic converters?

riverrat
01-25-06, 09:29 PM
Check out their web site. Ceramic coated stainless. I'm sure you could fit up Random cats just like other set ups. But with B&B, Kooks, TPIS, Stainless Works making headers now and a limited # of CTS-V cars I'm not sure the demand is there.

Rey
01-25-06, 10:54 PM
The market for CTS-V aftermarket parts is very small. With production figures of about 5000/yr or so, you cannot expect the market to be as strong as the Corvette market with 25,000/yr production. In addition, most Cadillac owners leave their cars absolutely stone stock. I expect that there are less than 500 CTS-V owners viewing this site on a regular basis, and many already have headers.

Melrose Motorsports
01-26-06, 08:08 AM
The market for CTS-V aftermarket parts is very small. With production figures of about 5000/yr or so, you cannot expect the market to be as strong as the Corvette market with 25,000/yr production. In addition, most Cadillac owners leave their cars absolutely stone stock. I expect that there are less than 500 CTS-V owners viewing this site on a regular basis, and many already have headers.

Unfortunatley, that's the feedback I'm getting. Probably too late to jump into this market. I think there is greener pastures for us in other venues like trucks and GTO's.
Thanks again guys.

Joey'sVee
01-26-06, 09:12 AM
I would think it could be worth your time to make 06 (LS2) headers. I don't know of anyone that is making those yet. Just a thought.