: Bluetooth car kit for factory head unit integration?

Imperator
01-24-06, 04:51 PM
Ok, I'm sure this topic has been been posted many times, mostly to vent frustration over the digital OnStar service, joining Verizon, voice command, etc. I spent a good hour scouring this forum and two OnStar-related forums for info, but came up with almost nothing.

Now I don't even have a CTS-V yet (hopefully to take delivery of a clean '05 next month), but I might as well start contributing. Something I've been checking into is the ability to install a bluetooth car kit without hacking up the radio harness. I don't mind splicing wires, but it will take me some time to study the pinouts and figure out what I need. Most want a plug-and-play solution.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket bluetooth kit which will automatically mute the radio and pipe the output through the speakers? Would anyone with a Nokia car kit like to try this harness (http://www.officialcarstuff.com/site/1538639/product/407-6996902)? It's difficult to tell if the harness plugs are the right shape/size for the radio, but it's safer than cutting wires!

ctsvett
01-24-06, 07:17 PM
I am working with a vendor to create something... It will be a few weeks, but something is coming..

Reed

haveboost
01-24-06, 07:30 PM
I am working with a vendor to create something... It will be a few weeks, but something is coming..
Reed

:worship: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

thefly
01-24-06, 09:02 PM

Reed
is this different then uhltronics solution? i am looking at the parrot and motorola 1000 units. any details on to might or might not do?

51PHFTY
01-24-06, 09:14 PM

Reed

Once again, thanks Reed. I have this in my other car and it is soooo convenient.

Marty

ctsvett
01-24-06, 09:23 PM
I think this will be similar to the UHLtronics, but work with our car.. The biggest problem that we have right now is the inability to mute/pause the radio (see other thread on this). This kit proposes to fix this.

It will be bluetooth and use the factory radio speakers (like onstar). Also may or may not use the onstar microphone.

I will let you guys know what I know (which is not much at this point)...

Reed

sugarbear
01-28-06, 11:23 PM
I contacted a dealership a while ago and the accessory parts manager had suggested an aftermarket bluetooth system that was called like TellPhone4000, which allows you to integrate bluetooth into a non-bluetooth system.

Currently the only Cadillac that has bluetooth built in is the 2005+ STS. It's currently being piloted in that vehicle to determine it's success or weaknesses.

Direct Link to the Tellphone 4000
http://www.tellphone.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4&Itemid=18

Chao!