: Tell me I did the right thing.........

Kadonny
01-24-06, 03:57 PM
Just put the order in on an 06 an hour ago.

Stealth Gray
Ebony
FG2
Corsa

Dealer also agreed to:

Install Specter bushings
Return exhaust and stock shocks
Not mount the dreaded fron license plate

Now I just sit back and wait. Comfort me and tell me I made the right decision, please. Oh, also upped for a supporting member subscription.

Luna.
01-24-06, 04:01 PM
Absolutely you did.

I pulled the V out of the garage today and I cannot drive this car enough. I literally have to force myself to drive my Camaro, for I'd drive my Caddy to the tune of 30k+ miles a year if I wasn't careful! :lildevil:

I tell you what ISN'T A GOOD THING...READING THESE BOARDS!! Next thing you know, you will be brainwashed into purchasing so many mods, you will struggle to rationale how you can afford all of them! :p

AustinV
01-24-06, 04:01 PM
To quote a friend, "it's gonna be what it's gonna be".

No seriously, you made an awesome decision! Congrats! :yup:

Florian
01-24-06, 04:04 PM
attaboy

F

austin
01-24-06, 04:08 PM
>attaboy

I'll second that. Your gonna love it!! :)

Joey'sVee
01-24-06, 04:10 PM
:welcome:

This car is truely a blast to drive. Happy moding!!!

stkshkr
01-24-06, 04:13 PM
Well done...you're gonna LOVE it

01-24-06, 04:15 PM

Stealth Gray
Ebony
FG2
Corsa

Dealer also agreed to:

Install Specter bushings

Now I just sit back and wait. Comfort me and tell me I made the right decision, please. Oh, also upped for a supporting member subscription.

No need for us to tell you....you'll be telling us in a couple of months. And, since the V will mean that you have no room in your garage for your 68 firebird, I think that you should give that car to me for safekeeping.

AmesCTS-V
01-24-06, 04:16 PM
Rock on. You will love it.

Katshot
01-24-06, 04:17 PM
Unless you're open to an automatic, the 'V' is probably the best in it's class. Hell, enough people here suffer through a number of "inconveniences" and STILL love the car. There's gotta be something to it. Good luck with it. Maybe we'll see you at a local meet.

Kadonny
01-24-06, 04:26 PM
No need for us to tell you....you'll be telling us in a couple of months. And, since the V will mean that you have no room in your garage for your 68 firebird, I think that you should give that car to me for safekeeping.

Hehe, thanks for the offer, I'll keep you in mind, but thats why they make a 3 car garage ;)

Thanks all, I know I made the right decision. I thank you all for providing me the information I needed to do it. It only took one test drive about a month ago, then I knew.

CRZY747
01-24-06, 04:30 PM
Good decision, now just the wait and suspense will kill you

heavymetals
01-24-06, 04:35 PM
YOUR DOOMED !!!!!!

Ordered with mods huh?

That is taking a short cut!

Also, you can finance everything done (pretty smart, good way to hide the goodies).:shhh:

Ditto to all the positive stuff said already.

Your gonna love it.

WELCOME

Kadonny
01-24-06, 04:39 PM
YOUR DOOMED !!!!!!

Ordered with mods huh?

That is taking a short cut!

Also, you can finance everything done (pretty smart, good way to hide the goodies).:shhh:

Ditto to all the positive stuff said already.

Your gonna love it.

WELCOME

Right on the money! Great way to not have to hear it from my wife. All I say is "honey, it comes this way" :lildevil:

50 4Ever
01-24-06, 04:40 PM
You made the right decision, but remember it is just the starter kit. The mod bug will bite you sooner or later. I had two mods sitting in my garage a week before the car got here.

Davidstan
01-24-06, 04:44 PM
You did good. Driving this car is the cure for any bad day you may be having imo. Welcome to the owners club!

D

willsctsv
01-24-06, 04:48 PM
The V is very exclusive, you made a great choice.

lonestranger
01-24-06, 04:53 PM
You did good - besides, when the drivers seat is reclined, its actually quite comfortable to sleep in! (or so I'm told!!)

urbanski
01-24-06, 05:02 PM

Stealth Gray
Ebony
FG2
Corsa

Dealer also agreed to:

Install Specter bushings

Now I just sit back and wait. Comfort me and tell me I made the right decision, please. Oh, also upped for a supporting member subscription.congrats and :cheers: :bouncy: :banana:

DrivingAmericanNow
01-24-06, 05:16 PM
Decided not to go with the Prius huh? Must have been a tough choice. :stirpot:

Kadonny
01-24-06, 05:25 PM
Decided not to go with the Prius huh? Must have been a tough choice. :stirpot:

:thepan: :kick:

I will tell you that new DTS in the showroom was calling my name though....

Not!

OldRoadDawg
01-24-06, 05:32 PM
Congrats! Of course now you can feel the frustration like the rest of us PA 'V' owners when your ride sits in the garage during the winter months.
I keep ordering mods to pass the time . . thinking that will make spring get here sooner. :cookoo:

Kadonny
01-24-06, 05:40 PM
Congrats! Of course now you can feel the frustration like the rest of us PA 'V' owners when your ride sits in the garage during the winter months.
I keep ordering mods to pass the time . . thinking that will make spring get here sooner. :cookoo:

Thanks Dawg. Been a good winter so far though, you have to admit. But yeah, I do have a beater F150 for the snowy times :yup:

c4racer
01-24-06, 05:47 PM
Hey - my favorite V color. I picked up an 05 last Sept. and I am still really impressed with the car. Couple electrical gremlins, 1 which is intermittent - the XM goes away from time to time, 2nd was headlamp washers ran constantly until the fluid was gone - dealer fixed that one, but they had the car 1 week. Oh well. Other than that, been a fine car with no trouble and I am sitting on 4500miles currently.

Curious what you paid for it, or did you lease it? Is the new sticker equivalent to the old red tag sale price? I paid $46K for mine, or that was the cap cost on my lease anyway.

Kadonny
01-24-06, 06:03 PM
Hey - my favorite V color. I picked up an 05 last Sept. and I am still really impressed with the car. Couple electrical gremlins, 1 which is intermittent - the XM goes away from time to time, 2nd was headlamp washers ran constantly until the fluid was gone - dealer fixed that one, but they had the car 1 week. Oh well. Other than that, been a fine car with no trouble and I am sitting on 4500miles currently.

Curious what you paid for it, or did you lease it? Is the new sticker equivalent to the old red tag sale price? I paid $46K for mine, or that was the cap cost on my lease anyway.

Another SG guy, cool.

I am leasing it and I have added some extra stuff so we talked rough numbers, but nothing in concrete yet due to the changing lease rates. I did find out that Cadillac lowered prices across the board on all CTS's, including the V by $ 1650.

Glad you love your car, I am sure I will love mine.

Luna.
01-24-06, 06:31 PM
Tell us your plans regarding HP/TORQUE.

Maggie? 402 from A&A? What? :stirpot:

CVP33
01-24-06, 08:30 PM
Unmercifully fast. Deceptively great handler. Well appointed. Idiot like smile inducer. Prepare to be stupified. :highfive: :thumbsup:

kjr39
01-24-06, 08:47 PM
I've giggled like an idiot walking away from that car...

Best purchase I made since I bought the wife...

ace996
01-24-06, 08:50 PM
You're in great shape. The '06 has the new upgraded diff and you have an improved tranny....all factory warranteed....you'll love it. With all the issues I've experienced, I still love the car...best looking "rip-yer-balls-off" sedan on the road, with the juice to back it up!!!
Best of luck to you and your new V,
ace

CVP33
01-24-06, 08:58 PM
"rip-yer-balls-off" ace

That ain't all she took! :shhh:

calicadi
01-24-06, 10:06 PM
Yes you did and 'bout time! I just put about 400 miles on mine this last weekend. What a road car! Even with the stiffer FG2's it's the most comfortable car I've ever driven.

You must plan on getting the Hotchkis anti-roll bars! Drive without for awhile (maybe 1K miles or so) 'til well broken in and because you won't appreciate what they do until you have some miles on without 'em.

PS You're doomed to more mods (besides your factory mods) but let Hotchkis be top of your list.

kjr39
01-24-06, 11:22 PM
Since you went to the trouble to not have the front plate put on, ask them not to put any dealer badges on it....

Quite the pain in the butt to mess with on a new car....