: changing out o2 sensor on 97 deville

Wicho
01-24-06, 12:19 PM
I need to change out my o2 sensor on my 97 deville. I belive it is the one by the cat converter. I was wondering out how mucha senor goes for. I searched online and got 60-70$ and then I went to autozone and saw the bosch ones for 6-9$, something is not adding up. What is the difference. Also is the replacment just plug out and then plug in the new one or what? thanks

mcowden
01-24-06, 12:24 PM
I need to change out my o2 sensor on my 97 deville. I belive it is the one by the cat converter. I was wondering out how mucha senor goes for. I searched online and got 60-70$ and then I went to autozone and saw the bosch ones for 6-9$, something is not adding up. What is the difference. Also is the replacment just plug out and then plug in the new one or what? thanks

Sensors are about $60-$70. Make sure you know which one is bad so you order the right new one. There are 2 different part numbers. Whatever you saw for $6-$9 wasn't an O2 sensor. Use an AC-Delco sensor so the new one matches the old one. Autozone doesn't sell AC-Delco sensors. People have had problems with Bosch sensors. Unplug the bad one, remove the old sensor with an O2 sensor socket, install the new one, plug it in, you're done.