: Third Kill Today!

chiro444
01-24-06, 01:35 AM
Street start with an Evo MR. He held on pretty good until about 3rd gear. Couple of months ago did the same to a modded WRX. Trick with these cars is that you can't challenge them off the line. With their all wheel drive systems they'll shoot off like a canon if you do. Play possum until about 5-10 miles per hour then hit it and bye bye!:lildevil: Also killed an old S4 last week but that wasn't really a challenge.

heavymetals
01-24-06, 01:43 AM
That's the ticket!

With a maggie you can give away the hole shot and then just reel them in........:lildevil:

(Most of the time, but there is always a faster gun!):bomb:

Kadonny
01-24-06, 09:16 AM
Cool, so what were the other 2 kills in the same day?

Dooman
01-24-06, 09:41 AM
Perhaps it's his third kill, overall.. happened today.

Kadonny
01-24-06, 10:21 AM
Perhaps it's his third kill, overall.. happened today.

Ahhhh, right, I took it as 3 in a day. 3 in a day is more impressive though :cool2:

pcwelty
01-24-06, 02:22 PM
Street start with an Evo MR. He held on pretty good until about 3rd gear. Couple of months ago did the same to a modded WRX. Trick with these cars is that you can't challenge them off the line. With their all wheel drive systems they'll shoot off like a canon if you do. Play possum until about 5-10 miles per hour then hit it and bye bye!:lildevil: Also killed an old S4 last week but that wasn't really a challenge.

Yea, that's a good thing, that Evo would have taken you from the line. If I had a V, I wouldn't want to race from the line either. I raced (STI) a V a few months ago from a stop light, and took him by 1 1/2 cars lghs. I'm sure he has had to replace his rear a few times. :D JK. com'on guys, step up to that line and don't be scared.:yup:

PCW

markbinkc
01-24-06, 02:37 PM
Yea, that's a good thing, that Evo would have taken you from the line. If I had a V, I wouldn't want to race from the line either. I raced (STI) a V a few months ago from a stop light, and took him by 1 1/2 cars lghs. I'm sure he has had to replace his rear a few times. :D JK. com'on guys, step up to that line and don't be scared.:yup:

PCW

:lildevil: I'll race you...

Seattle CTS-V
01-24-06, 02:41 PM

PCW

You beat him by 1 1/2 cars lengths in what distance? Racing from stoplight to stoplight is where AWD cars have a huge advantage. Let the race pan out over a 1/4 mile or so and the story begins to take a turn for the worse on the power-sapping AWD configurations. Don't get me wrong, the STI/EVO's are great cars but they do have trouble keeping up at higher speeds when they're stock.

pcwelty
01-24-06, 03:05 PM
I'll take you throught the twisties as well :yup:. Stock STI, I would agree, mod'd with a turbo, injectors, fuelpump would hang with your maggie at any distance, any day:D. Besides, it's not the AWD, it's 4 less cyclinders on the top end. A bigger turbo and say 19-22PSI, would make up for that. Not trying to pick a fight, just having some fun.

PCW

rgd
01-24-06, 06:56 PM
I doubt that, have you ran against a V in the twisties. I had an STI and two Evos for lunch last weekend on the track at Thunderhill. Five sessions, five times for lunch!! Maybe they couldn't drive. But it's not like your car is going to out-handle a V unless its on a tight track/AutoX etc!

I'll take you throught the twisties as well :yup:. Stock STI, I would agree, mod'd with a turbo, injectors, fuelpump would hang with your maggie at any distance, any day:D. Besides, it's not the AWD, it's 4 less cyclinders on the top end. A bigger turbo and say 19-22PSI, would make up for that. Not trying to pick a fight, just having some fun.

PCW

Luna.
01-24-06, 06:58 PM
:lildevil: I'll race you...

Until you get slicks on your car, you aren't racing anyone!! :lildevil:

pcwelty
01-24-06, 08:15 PM
I doubt that, have you ran against a V in the twisties. I had an STI and two Evos for lunch last weekend on the track at Thunderhill. Five sessions, five times for lunch!! Maybe they couldn't drive. But it's not like your car is going to out-handle a V unless its on a tight track/AutoX etc!

I am saying autox. You show me one review where the V has a faster slalom time than either the STI or EVO. Most times for the V is around 66-67MPH. STI/EVO are around 68-69 MPH. Put the same driver in both cars, there is no question that the STI will out run the V. Stock for stock.

PCW

ace996
01-24-06, 08:37 PM
I am saying autox. You show me one review where the V has a faster slalom time than either the STI or EVO. Most times for the V is around 66-67MPH. STI/EVO are around 68-69 MPH. Put the same driver in both cars, there is no question that the STI will out run the V. Stock for stock.

PCW

RGD...you know your way around a track...probably better than most. But I would have to agree with PCWelty on the modded cars...here's why...
The STI can run 275s on all four corners. It weighs 700lbs less than the V on a bad day. It has AWD...can't beat corner-exits with AWD...and forget it if it has the Whiteline ALK!!! STI has TONS of aftermarket choices for suspension pieces...sways, springs, coilovers, bracing, camber plates, links, bushings, ect...
And I won't even bring up the comparo on anything but a warm, dry day...

Stock for stock, the CTS-V ties the STEvos on MotorTrend's Figure 8 course. The LS6 makes up for quite a bit on the straights.

Should a V, or even a modded(Maggied, H/C) V, meet up with a properly tuned/prepared STEvo...things would not be pretty.
And I find street racing over 100mph a crutch....may as well have a "3" sticker on the rear-bumper.

Straights are for fast cars....curves are for fast drivers, there are those that will never know the difference.
-ace

markbinkc
01-24-06, 11:05 PM
Until you get slicks on your car, you aren't racing anyone!! :lildevil:

OK, you got me:rolleyes:

Mark

CTSV05
01-25-06, 12:10 AM
Well, I've sen some STis at out track running hi 11s....the only thing I got I'll race em in is my truck.

Here kitty...kitty!

rgd
01-26-06, 06:58 AM
Ace ~ yes, I understand Mods or no Mods, AutoX, streets or a road course like Laguna Seca (next Thursdays fun), a smaller, lighter 4x4 can perform well. I was simply reacting pcwelty saying he would take "em" on the twisties too... Just being cocky after a fun Track day last weekend. Hell, there are so many great fun cars out these days, it's not funny. And I don't care who you are, if you go to the track (road course) on any day there is bound to be some old fart driving a beat down lookin Mitsubishi, Mazda, Vette, you name it, just about anything, who is faster than everybody out there. Cause after all it aint the machine its the guy drivin the machine!

RGD...you know your way around a track...probably better than most. But I would have to agree with PCWelty on the modded cars...here's why...
The STI can run 275s on all four corners. It weighs 700lbs less than the V on a bad day. It has AWD...can't beat corner-exits with AWD...and forget it if it has the Whiteline ALK!!! STI has TONS of aftermarket choices for suspension pieces...sways, springs, coilovers, bracing, camber plates, links, bushings, ect...
And I won't even bring up the comparo on anything but a warm, dry day...

Stock for stock, the CTS-V ties the STEvos on MotorTrend's Figure 8 course. The LS6 makes up for quite a bit on the straights.

Should a V, or even a modded(Maggied, H/C) V, meet up with a properly tuned/prepared STEvo...things would not be pretty.
And I find street racing over 100mph a crutch....may as well have a "3" sticker on the rear-bumper.

Straights are for fast cars....curves are for fast drivers, there are those that will never know the difference.
-ace