: ready to pull the trigger

ochaole
01-24-06, 12:40 AM
i got smoked by an AMG E55 this weekend so im finally ready to buy the maggie and make the leap into the world of forced induction....i just have one remaining reservation, it seems like every post i read about the maggie says our rear end cant take the power...

have any of you maggie owners slapped on the maggie without any problems.

i just dont want to drop 6k on a maggie and install, and then f... up the car i already love....

hoping to hear some positive feedback,,,thxxx

also, any socal v-owners have any recomendations for a trusty speed shop to do the job....

heavymetals
01-24-06, 12:48 AM
I am on my second diff.

Was cracked and leaking and replaced under warranty.

I do not blame that on the maggie.

Over 5k later and no leak/whine nadda.

I recomend that you not launch it hard (drag race it).:thepan:

Give away the hole shot then just eat them up.

With the maggie you will probably be faster then 95% of the cars you run up against.

The ones that beat you will have nothing to brag about (because they will probably be passing gas).

What a sleeper.:histeric:

If you want email me and I know a shop that can do, and very reasonable on a package deal.

I am in Torrance if you want a look see.

ochaole
01-24-06, 01:47 AM
sounds good to me.....and id love to see your setup,, im in chino hills but i work in LA,,,if you dont mind, e-mail me the name of the shop you're taloking about

thanks-----ochaole@adelphia.net

onebadcad
01-24-06, 10:50 AM
The Maggie is a good investment based on dollars/rwhp ratio. Expect 120-130 rwhp with 2.8" pulley. Here are a few rules I learned while upgrading to a Maggie:

1) consider swapping stock cam, good for additional 20-30 RWHP, I went 220/228 117 530/555, not too lopey, just right for DD, I got 490 RWHP
2) 2.8" pulley a must, 2.6" requires some grinding/fabrication, not sure of boost on each, some other owners can chime in
3) stock heads are sufficient, no big gains to my knowledge w/225cc
4) Maggie works great on stock LS6, commit to owning it long-term and keeping motor stock, as not ideal if stroker motor is in your future
5) 20,000 miles on my rear-end, last 5K with Maggie, no issues, do not dump clutch over 2K rev, from a roll it will never disappoint
6) Maggie will change your perspective of V, and will open a whole new category of which cars you can race with confidence (911s, Z06s, Vipers, etc...)
7) E55 are brutes, you "may" beat 'em once you add the Maggie, but outcome will be better if V dances from a roll, with 469hp/513tq those E55s are tough from the line

Good luck, and may there be many E55s disappearing in your rear-view mirror in the future!!!

trekster
01-24-06, 02:06 PM
I am on my second diff.

Was cracked and leaking and replaced under warranty.

I do not blame that on the maggie.

Over 5k later and no leak/whine nadda.

I recomend that you not launch it hard (drag race it).:thepan:

Give away the hole shot then just eat them up.

With the maggie you will probably be faster then 95% of the cars you run up against.

The ones that beat you will have nothing to brag about (because they will probably be passing gas).

What a sleeper.:histeric:

If you want email me and I know a shop that can do, and very reasonable on a package deal.

I am in Torrance if you want a look see. Heavymetals,

I was wondering if you can pm the shop info because i'm about to add in a maggie hopefully next month.

-Gilbert