: Anyone have this happen??

James Baldwin
01-23-06, 10:17 PM
783 miles on the car.... Driving home from work tonight and without notice the interior lights come on (and you can turn them off), the door locks begin flickering like someone was trying unlock them a fast as they could push the button, the engine begins to slightly miss....

I pull over imediately and hop out to find a burning smell... not usually a good sign :) . I could not find anything so I jump back in the car and head towards the dealership. I get there an they could not figure it out but also smelled the buring smell.

My red car is possessed.

Anyone have this issue?

heavymetals
01-23-06, 10:41 PM
Burning smell is a NO NO.

Do not park the car in a garage until you get it checked and fixed!

My neighbor lost his garage and two cars because the dealer failed to remedy the "burning odor".

(it was a TARUS, not a V)

thebigjimsho
01-24-06, 06:13 PM
Same thing(minus the burning smell) happened to my '04 Town Car the second month I had it. One morning the interior lights came on and the door locks cycled numerous times. this happened 3 times over that morning. Then that was it.

2 years and 125,000 miles later and it's never happened again.:cookoo:

LV_V
01-24-06, 06:16 PM
This is one of the strangest things I've heard of yet. Have no idea what to tell you...

James Baldwin
01-24-06, 07:48 PM
Update.. dealer told me today they are replacing the stereo head unit, a dimm chip, a sim chip (?) and some other module... so far

Hopefully they will also perform the exorcism

Lindsay Cadillac
01-25-06, 06:53 AM
They are probably replacing the DIM (Dash Integration Module) and the RIM (Rear Integration Module)

PneuBird
01-25-06, 01:35 PM
Damm.........If it isn't a mod; it's a module!!!! :thepan: