: I've had enough!

naiculnila
01-23-06, 08:47 PM
This is some major venting so please skip if you don't want to read...

I am so sick and tired of being treated like a child and like an idiot by every freakin Cadillac dealer. For what would seem to be the simplest problems to be taken care of under warranty, I am being denied and accused of abusing my vehicle. The fact that the CLUNK has gotten so bad u hear it everytime you hit the gas has been declared NORMAL as it progressed from a single click to a major CLUNK! Apprently EVERYTHING IS NORMAL under cadillac's judgement.

I'm really curious how they would have treated me if i was older.

My biggest fear is that WHEN the diff does go...I will be the one they blame. Nothing so far has been a problem with the car. Just MY fault from the hard to shift into gears, to the tires wearing at 9000 miles, to the sail panels braking, to the radio burning out, and i'm assuming for BUYING A FU**ING CADILLAC!

I want to love it like the majority here seem to. But i just can't! I am stuck in a 54,000 dollar box on wheels that is barely worth 32,000 after a few months of ownership.
I can't even trade the car in for a loss because the CLUNK is so loud no one will even touch it. But CADILLAC says it's normal.

This is my first Luxury car i bought because i finally finished college and got a decent job. GOD AM I KICKING MYSELF IN THE ASS!

I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER CADILLAC as long as i live. I don't care if they fix every single problem. For treating customers like this (i know i'm not the only one), they deserve to go out of business and loose everything they have to TOYOTA or SUZUKI or whomever. F**K you GM!

Thank You for listening!

heavymetals
01-23-06, 09:20 PM
Sorry you feel that way.

Next time lease.

ace996
01-23-06, 09:36 PM
I feel for you, brother. And it's not your age...I'm 35 and my dealership treats me like I'm crazy...crazy that they can't find the neutral-1st lockout on their 2 mile test drives...crazy that I never knew that clunking is normal...crazy that I don't accept that ALL transmissions leak....crazy that I actually find the whining annoying.

And I did lease...for 4 years...and I am not looking forward to the 3.25 years left. I really want to love the car, to look past its faults, and enjoy every minute I drive it...but that's a little late now...I once felt that way, it was great...but 38 days in service in 8 months is a little much to ask from anyone, I'm sure you'd agree.

I just picked up my car agin today, after 5 days in, for mostly tranny issues...they're all normal....except the leaking fluid, but they can't find it so they put dye in my fluid and sent me on my way. I'll bring the car back in a week or so, then they'll check it again.

I will also not be buying/leasing another GM vehicle...except perhaps the Corvette...they seem to know how to build those reasonably well. If Cadillac thinks these problems are normal, then I may just ask them to buy mine back...or have a judge ask them to buy it back...
-ace

CVP33
01-23-06, 09:41 PM
I feel for you. Your issue is more with the dealership network at this point than the car itself. Granted the failing or soon to fail rear diff' is the symptom causing you to experience the real problem which is the dealer. In my case the car really is the problem as the dealer I have now is excellent. I've never been denied warranty repairs and probably won't now. My issue is the number of days needed to visit the dealer and be without my V. 43 days in 9 months and now she goes back in again for her 3rd NAV system. I still love the looks, the amenities and the feel behind the wheel everytime (except the rain).

Here's the real question. Can/will GM fix the next generation V. Is it worth it to design and reliability test another more sturdy IRS set up for even higher horsepower duty? We all hope that the next V climbs to 500hp or more so we know a total driveline upgrade will be in order. But in such limited numbers will GM step up or step out? Enquiring minds want/need to know.

SBONES
01-23-06, 10:06 PM
Dude, i was just like you...hated it. Now i love the car. You can help get rid of the clunk by simply tighting up you cradle bolts. It help's alot. And also try letting the clutch out slower. If you CAN learn how to drive around that clunk, youll never hear it again.

GNSCOTT
01-23-06, 10:06 PM
Sorry you feel that way.

Next time lease.

Why lock yourself into a car you do not want ?

heavymetals
01-23-06, 10:12 PM
Why lock yourself into a car you do not want ?

Well if one is gonna bitch about the depreciation from a buy, then that is one way around it.

If you lease it you at least can throw the keys back at em when the lease is up, and walk.

BadCad
01-23-06, 11:09 PM
Well if one is gonna bitch about the depreciation from a buy, then that is one way around it. If you lease it you at least can throw the keys back at em when the lease is up, and walk.

Lease or buy - you still eat the depreciation; in a lease the depreciation is reflected in the residual. But if you're gonna bitch about the V, sell the car and get another one (to bitch at.) We don't need more slams on the V on this board. I like mine too much.

AmesCTS-V
01-23-06, 11:10 PM
Cool. Never had a problem here. My dealership even ordered a new clutch just based on the fact that I said I had the symptoms of a TSB that I found. Luckily when they pulled the tranny the serial matched the TSB range.

Joey'sVee
01-24-06, 12:34 AM
Lease or buy - you still eat the depreciation; in a lease the depreciation is reflected in the residual. But if you're gonna bitch about the V, sell the car and get another one (to bitch at.) We don't need more slams on the V on this board. I like mine too much.

I think he can bitch or slam the V if he wants!!! :bomb: If you don't like these threads then DON'T READ THEM! It's not this guys fault he is having dealership issues...it's GMs fault so flame GM not this guy! :banghead:

01-24-06, 07:20 AM
***autoreply to negative post*****

My car is still great. My local Northern Virginia dealership, Lindsay Cadillac, is the best in the world. Have a nice day.

naiculnila
01-24-06, 07:46 AM
I'm not bashing the V directly...every car has its faults. However, the lack of responsibility on the dealer and GM is what is driving me up the wall. Put yourself in my position where they are denying warranty work for broken sail panels becaues they think I"M BRAKING THEM. The service manager at the dealer checked out the tires and saw NO abnormal wear or abuse...just that they worse out prematurly. Cadillac says they will reimburse some of the money...but then the service guy tells them i was abusing the car.

Now what am i going to do when they deny me service and warranty for a broken differential or transmission becaues THEY THINK i abuse the car.

NO PROOF...NO JUDGEMENT...NO COMMON SENSE!!!

And no, i don't have the option of getting rid of the car at a loss of over 10K and no i can't go to a different dealer becaues i've tried 5 of them and none will look at my car. Apparently no one wants to deal with another dealer's work!

So i'm sorry if I"M bashing too much, but i find this a bit disturbing and absurd of a global corporation bent on succeeding in the auto industry.

As for the people with GOOD DEALERS and V's WITH NO PROBLEMS, i am happy for you.

If money was no issue, i would buy out every single owner's V who is having issues with GM and their dealers, take them all in front of the GM corporate headquarters and set the cars on fire out of spite.

Why? ...jus so when the news stations show up, i can voice my opinion on how so many customers are being treated.

Thank you !

naiculnila
01-24-06, 07:49 AM
I will also not be buying/leasing another GM vehicle...except perhaps the Corvette...they seem to know how to build those reasonably well. If Cadillac thinks these problems are normal, then I may just ask them to buy mine back...or have a judge ask them to buy it back...
-ace

Sorry ACE but the VEtte's are having issues as well.
My brother had a brand new C6 which he ordered...1200 miles later the differential blew up.

2400 miles later the front-right strut went...had to wait over a week because no one in the US stocked it. Had to be ordered from Australia.

Joey'sVee
01-24-06, 08:31 AM
I'm not bashing the V directly...every car has its faults. However, the lack of responsibility on the dealer and GM is what is driving me up the wall. Put yourself in my position where they are denying warranty work for broken sail panels becaues they think I"M BRAKING THEM. The service manager at the dealer checked out the tires and saw NO abnormal wear or abuse...just that they worse out prematurly. Cadillac says they will reimburse some of the money...but then the service guy tells them i was abusing the car.

Now what am i going to do when they deny me service and warranty for a broken differential or transmission becaues THEY THINK i abuse the car.

NO PROOF...NO JUDGEMENT...NO COMMON SENSE!!!

And no, i don't have the option of getting rid of the car at a loss of over 10K and no i can't go to a different dealer becaues i've tried 5 of them and none will look at my car. Apparently no one wants to deal with another dealer's work!

So i'm sorry if I"M bashing too much, but i find this a bit disturbing and absurd of a global corporation bent on succeeding in the auto industry.

As for the people with GOOD DEALERS and V's WITH NO PROBLEMS, i am happy for you.

If money was no issue, i would buy out every single owner's V who is having issues with GM and their dealers, take them all in front of the GM corporate headquarters and set the cars on fire out of spite.

Why? ...jus so when the news stations show up, i can voice my opinion on how so many customers are being treated.

Thank you !

It's kinda funny...some people here don't want us to discuss the issues. :canttalk: I guess they think the problem is we just like to bitch, and are generally negative people....so they don't want us posting if we have issues. They fail to realize the real problem is with GM. Instead we should come together and try to get something done and we are in some cases. POWER in numbers!

These kinds of threads will only increase in number as more people put more miles on the Vs and realize they have lots of issues. More people wont be able to eat the big loss by the "just sell it" attitude so they will come here to complain.

Just my prediction...

NIK
01-24-06, 08:33 AM

AMEN, BROTHER!

naiculnila
01-24-06, 09:01 AM
Joey'sVee,

You nailed it perfectly...if i had decent service backing from GM i would not care what problems there were with the car as long as they were fixed...

ANyway, i thought some of the people on this board were in communication with GM in a seperate forum just for that. ???
Whatever happend with that?

Joey'sVee
01-24-06, 09:10 AM
I think it was a one time meeting not an ongoing thing.

CRZY747
01-24-06, 09:34 AM
I think it is caddy dealers don't know how to handle the 30 something owners, compaired to there old tartget sales 70-100 target. They didn't abuse there cars cause they were retired and drove 12-30K in 3-4 years ownership.

This car is a new kind of animal for caddy and dealers, seems to me there screwing up a good thing. I don't mind the negative stuff, just mind it cause it in my opinion makes the value of this car deminish that much more. Considering people are just willing to dump the car drives price down, hmm this is the most I have ever lost on a car, money wise in less than a year. Just amazing. It comes down to GM and also the dealers, get a good dealer and I would imagine the love will come back, seems to be the norm around here. Cause most go to a crappy "normal" caddy dealer, we need to find out which dealers are around in our areas and take the car there. Buy the way anyone know of a great dealer in Houston ????

I feel your pain, I need a new radiator, as it is leaking, and have considered just buying one and putting it on myself as to get past the dealer working on my car creating another problem. I need new sail panels in the back, new arm rest, ect. Just have not had time to get it there, but with all the stories on this board makes me want to skip the dealer all together and do it myself. As for the rear, hopeful that the new MADMAN rear aleviates that problem and 50% of this will go away problem wise. SO lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope this rear is not going to break the bank and can keep our cars and mod the crap out of them and make some real power. Cause there is no other car out there for me except the new Z06, and if they cant get the caddy right how can they get the Z right.

J

naiculnila
01-24-06, 10:09 AM
Amen brother!

So anyone recommend a good dealer in the Philadelphia, PA area?

So far i have been going Armen (absolutely horrible)
Eckenhoff (wouldn't even let me bring the car in)
Fred Beans (wouldn't even let me bring the car in)
.....and so on!

Texan V
01-24-06, 11:29 AM
I think it is caddy dealers don't know how to handle the 30 something owners, compaired to there old tartget sales 70-100 target. They didn't abuse there cars cause they were retired and drove 12-30K in 3-4 years ownership.

This car is a new kind of animal for caddy and dealers, seems to me there screwing up a good thing. I don't mind the negative stuff, just mind it cause it in my opinion makes the value of this car deminish that much more. Considering people are just willing to dump the car drives price down, hmm this is the most I have ever lost on a car, money wise in less than a year. Just amazing. It comes down to GM and also the dealers, get a good dealer and I would imagine the love will come back, seems to be the norm around here. Cause most go to a crappy "normal" caddy dealer, we need to find out which dealers are around in our areas and take the car there. Buy the way anyone know of a great dealer in Houston ????

I feel your pain, I need a new radiator, as it is leaking, and have considered just buying one and putting it on myself as to get past the dealer working on my car creating another problem. I need new sail panels in the back, new arm rest, ect. Just have not had time to get it there, but with all the stories on this board makes me want to skip the dealer all together and do it myself. As for the rear, hopeful that the new MADMAN rear aleviates that problem and 50% of this will go away problem wise. SO lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope this rear is not going to break the bank and can keep our cars and mod the crap out of them and make some real power. Cause there is no other car out there for me except the new Z06, and if they cant get the caddy right how can they get the Z right.

J

Regarding the Dealer in Houston...

I purchased from and have had mine worked on by Tom Peacock Cadillac, 45 North past Beltway 8. They replaced my radiator no questions or problems. When one of my sail panels broke, I took it in and mentioned that the other one had some water spots on it from when they tinted the windows. They replaced both sail panels no questions. They regulary do all my oil changes since they are only a couple miles from my office and always comment on how much they enjoy the shifter and the exhaust note. Getting a loaner car is never an issue. Also, I've never gotten any negative feedback on any of my mods. They think it's cool that I would mod a Cadillac...especially the V.

I really feel for the folks who are getting such bad service. I consider myself very lucky. I have had nothing but good experiences with the service department, but then again that's probably because I haven't had any serious issues with the car. The original diff is still quiet as the day I bought it. Had the clunk, but fixed that myself.

RScanTX
01-24-06, 12:03 PM
I have great service at David Taylor Cadillac off 59 and Gessner. They replaced my radiator with no questions and ALL Caddy owners get either a loaner or rental if the car has to stay for any length of time. I also heard there was a guy there last week with some major mods on his V to the tune of about $25K. I guess the whole shop and sales dept were out there drooling all over it. Anyone on this board? :-)

Kadonny
01-24-06, 12:09 PM
Amen brother!

So anyone recommend a good dealer in the Philadelphia, PA area?

So far i have been going Armen (absolutely horrible)
Eckenhoff (wouldn't even let me bring the car in)
Fred Beans (wouldn't even let me bring the car in)
.....and so on!

Funny you mention this naiculnila. I am going today to General Sales in West Chester to order my 06. I also shopped at Armen, but decided against it since the salesmen there had NO CLUE! I even have a connection there who will give me a good deal, but the service is not good as I have heard (and you support this).

So I stopped at General Sales and had a looooooong talk with the salesman. First off the bat, he actually KNEW the cars, in fact when I stopped there only because the GM website showed they had one. This was a few weeks before X mas. Sure enough, I stop in and a shiny new Infared is sitting on the floor. Not knowing me from Adam, the dealership pulled the car off the floor, handed me the keys and said "have a good time". I asked of course if the salesman was coming with me, he says nope. Enjoy.

From that point on, they had my vote. Now of course when I got back I asked a ton of questions. There is a dealer really close to my home in Kimberton PA that really would be closer, but I hear their service is horrible too. The guy at General Sales tells me that they stole all that other dealers top techs because they all hated working at the other dealer. I questioned the guy further and he knows the V inside and out. To me that means he has sold a lot of cars, which he says he has. He also proceeds to tell me that they will install mods on the car. I of course hint about a tuned PCM, he says not an issue.

So, long story short. I would think Caddy would only send an 06 to a dealership that early in the year only if that dealer had sold a lot of V prior to that. That plus I got all the right answers about service and such has persuaded me to buy there.

I am going over to order today, and will request to meet the service manager. I am bargaining in the Corsa and the FG2. I am also going to have them install the Specter Works bushings that I willl be getting on the GP from James at Lindsay. My order should take 6-8 weeks.

I'll let you know how the service manager is, but all signs are pointing in the right direction.

So where exactly to you live? I work in Malvern.

Hope I helped.

verbs
01-24-06, 12:23 PM
My dealer Legends Caddy in Scottsdale treats me like some young kid who just abuses his car left and right. They deny any knowledge about rear end problems and don't seem to kiss my ass half as much as the old folks. I will say some of the old folks are very rude and expect a lot more than I do from a dealer. Even the old people don't like Legends caddy either.

0002S
01-24-06, 12:24 PM
It will get better, as the Tanker call GM turns...until then...find another dealer in another state if necessary.

Ishminder
01-24-06, 01:13 PM
Have you guys noticed how we are getting so many more of these posts everyday! Its surprising! I thought that only Southern Cali dealers were bad...but after hearing about this in other states as well...kinda makes me fit right in! Sorry to hear what you are going through...it isnt any better with me. THey have already denied repair work to my differential and transmission because its normal characteristics that its whines and I cant shift into 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th half the time. I just sit there and now doubleclutch before I shift into any gear! 4.6 seconds...damn with this doubleclutching...i'm getting more like 14.6 seconds at my best! Oh by the way...you are suppose to doubleclutch when shifting...its a charactersitic of the car and transmission. Welcome to the world of Cadillac! I am in the market now for another transmission that Im going to put in at my cost! I hate Cadillac and regret ever purchasing this car. As for age...i'm 21...if they treat you like crap when you are 25...imagine how I get treated! Oh and on top of that...my dealership is racist too! I'm from India and I went in there earlier with a problem with my radio buttons peeling...guess what...sorry, you peeled them. You have to pay! 2 months later...I send in my friend, a white guy, who goes in to the lot and says..."Hey, these are peeling...Can you replace them under warranty." Before he looked at the paperwork, the guy says..Yeah, its covered! Same guy, same dealership! THen he looked at the paperwork and said...is this your car? I never went there again! So far, I have hit 7 dealerships here in Southern California...and have only found 1 at the most 2 to actually solve my problems. Lets not forget that I drive one hour + every week to get there!!!!! ARGHHH! Makes me mad everytime I think about how it sucks with the car. Again...I love the car, I wouldnt have bought it otherwise. I really really really really hate cadillacs service.

BBB just told them to fix my problems...lets see how that one works out! After being in the shop for 38 days+(Only going off of rentals) and 18 different visits in the past 3 months...they better buy back my car! I recommend all of you go to Arbitration and try to lemon the car. Wait till next year and buy another V when it comes out better.

I just bought an Infiniti FX35 right now as my daily driver...because this one I really cant drive anymore. The car is sweet! The car handles and drives amazingly. Updated functions everywhere...bluetooth phone adaptors etc...just amazing! Service people seemed friendly as well. I dropped in to say hello and was listening to someone who came in with worn brakepads. Infiniti Doesnt cover brake pads under warranty...but listen to this. The guy had 25000 miles on his car and came in complaining the brake pads squeal and he checked to see that they were worn. He said this shouldnt be happening that quickly and he's dissapointed. Much to my surprise, the service guy responds by saying..."Sir, if they are worn, we will be happy to change them for you as you are only at 25000 miles. Do you have any other concerns?" I love Infiniti! I dont even accept Cadillac to be that nice...just fix our damn fr***in problems! ANd about going and burning your cars outside of GM...I'd love to donate my car! Let me know when and where to meet!

CRZY747
01-24-06, 01:15 PM
I have great service at David Taylor Cadillac off 59 and Gessner. They replaced my radiator with no questions and ALL Caddy owners get either a loaner or rental if the car has to stay for any length of time. I also heard there was a guy there last week with some major mods on his V to the tune of about $25K. I guess the whole shop and sales dept were out there drooling all over it. Anyone on this board? :-)

I wonder how long to replace the Radiator ??? I have some mods, and really don't want the hassel. I have a dry nitrous NX kit, it is all hidden, but in the Volant box. But don't want any problems with this at all, I need the radiator replaced hence the TSB on it. The sail panels and the arm rest is broke, other than that I have been fine. I think the next thing for me will be Madman rear end and new clutch and flywheel. As to eliminate those problems, then I want to go full bolt ons and Cam. IF that aint enough or get me up to say 550-600 at the wheels then I will just put a new Stroker in the car. But at this point I will be happy with my 458 rwhp 100shot and call it a day, till the rearend is done.

Thanks

I know that there is ratings on dealers on cadillacfaq, but maybe this will help with the problems and negative issues, with dealers. Lets us all ban together and make a post of were and who you have delt with, and make a list of dealers to take the car to, but we need this on this board and make it a sticky and keep it at the top.

heavymetals
01-24-06, 01:18 PM
First step in "banding together" is becomming a supporting member.

IMHO :D

50 4Ever
01-24-06, 01:51 PM
Funny you mention this naiculnila. I am going today to General Sales in West Chester to order my 06. I also shopped at Armen, but decided against it since the salesmen there had NO CLUE! I even have a connection there who will give me a good deal, but the service is not good as I have heard (and you support this).

So I stopped at General Sales and had a looooooong talk with the salesman. First off the bat, he actually KNEW the cars, in fact when I stopped there only because the GM website showed they had one. This was a few weeks before X mas. Sure enough, I stop in and a shiny new Infared is sitting on the floor. Not knowing me from Adam, the dealership pulled the car off the floor, handed me the keys and said "have a good time". I asked of course if the salesman was coming with me, he says nope. Enjoy.

From that point on, they had my vote. Now of course when I got back I asked a ton of questions. There is a dealer really close to my home in Kimberton PA that really would be closer, but I hear their service is horrible too. The guy at General Sales tells me that they stole all that other dealers top techs because they all hated working at the other dealer. I questioned the guy further and he knows the V inside and out. To me that means he has sold a lot of cars, which he says he has. He also proceeds to tell me that they will install mods on the car. I of course hint about a tuned PCM, he says not an issue.

So, long story short. I would think Caddy would only send an 06 to a dealership that early in the year only if that dealer had sold a lot of V prior to that. That plus I got all the right answers about service and such has persuaded me to buy there.

I am going over to order today, and will request to meet the service manager. I am bargaining in the Corsa and the FG2. I am also going to have them install the Specter Works bushings that I willl be getting on the GP from James at Lindsay. My order should take 6-8 weeks.

I'll let you know how the service manager is, but all signs are pointing in the right direction.

So where exactly to you live? I work in Malvern.

Hope I helped.

Excellent approach. Because of the limited numbers ov V's out there, a lot of dealers, including service departments, don't have a clue. The Cadillac dealer here in Sacramento that has done all my work on my Fleetwood since the late 90's, Hubacher Cadillac, would not even talk to me about installing the UUC shifter. I talked to another dealer further away and they had no problems with any mods. They've got my business from now on. There needs to be more dealers around that can give you excellent service and not treat you like a second class citizen.

I have only had my V for a month but I am no stranger to high performance cars. If Cadillac is going to sell a street legal race car, like Chevrolet does with the Corvette, they need to stand behind it. I run my Corvette hard on the road course and have never had any warranty problems, and it is fairly obvious I race it because of the 6-point rollbar and fire extinguisher.

Good luck with General Sales.

:thumbsup:

CRZY747
01-24-06, 01:57 PM
There needs to be a link on the board in this forum about becomming a supporter, I have no problems helping.

Which I know that this board, probably with time or now should be profitable. Consider I know the owners of LS1tech make a nice bit of money every year, due to sponsors/advertisment on there board. They have 123 companys that advertise there at min $125*= $15,375 a month, which I would hope that his board should be making money also. But if it help I can chip in some money to be a supporting member, no problem.

JET

RevViNg HiGh
01-24-06, 02:10 PM
I hate dealerships. I feel ya. Im back and forth on an average of 3 times before something is fixed. Between me, sisters, moms (CTS), and dads Deville, we live at the dealer. They never hear or feel anything wrong. I (21) yelled so much about my squeaky car (CTS) The dealer agreed that i dont have to drop off my car anymore. They will pick it up, drop off the rental, and drop off my car after its was serviced. Just YELL and carry on in front of other customers, They will say anything to shut you up so you dont bad mouth their dealership in front of existing/prospective customers.

If you got a warranty, than thats GMs problem. Dont warranty a High Performance car if they cant fix. You can run your High Performance car however you want. Thats why you bought a V instead of a Honda. Try a different dealer for service.

I see V's and vettes at the track with the temporary plates on them. I get a kick out of it.

heavymetals
01-24-06, 02:14 PM
There needs to be a link on the board in this forum about becomming a supporter, I have no problems helping.

Which I know that this board, probably with time or now should be profitable. Consider I know the owners of LS1tech make a nice bit of money every year, due to sponsors/advertisment on there board. They have 123 companys that advertise there at min $125*= $15,375 a month, which I would hope that his board should be making money also. But if it help I can chip in some money to be a supporting member, no problem.

JET

Someone steps up to the plate!!

The info is on the opening page at the top (member support).

CRZY747
01-24-06, 02:51 PM
Question, why only paypal. It would make it easier to be or have a Visa slot there, IMHO. I would have done it already, but since it is paypal I will have to log into my account, forgot password, and then do it. O well I will do it either tonight or in the morning. Dam and I wanted to do it now.

J

urbanski
01-24-06, 02:52 PM
JET
http://cadillacforums.com/forums/payments.php

Kadonny
01-24-06, 02:52 PM
Someone steps up to the plate!!

The info is on the opening page at the top (member support).

I just ordered my car, I just became a supporting member :cloud9:

CRZY747
01-24-06, 03:17 PM
Okay I did it now, not bad, just had to find my dam password for paypal.

Jet

CRZY747
01-24-06, 03:27 PM
So when do I get my member badge ????

sorry didn't mean to mess this post up

heavymetals
01-24-06, 03:30 PM
It is a lot easier on the psyche arguing and being flamed by a supporting member.

It also weeds out the riff raff.

You know, the shutins with orange fingers who get into forums and just create chaos, and they probably don't even own the car.:histeric:

50 4Ever
01-24-06, 03:35 PM
I just ordered my car, I just became a supporting member :cloud9:

Congratulations. Any idea when the V will arrive>

:thumbsup:

Kadonny
01-24-06, 03:40 PM
6-8 weeks they say. Thank you!

naiculnila
01-24-06, 03:54 PM
:cheers: to YOU Kadonny

I will give them a call and see what they say!

I live in Philly and work in Downingtown right near 100/113

Good luck with the new Car!

urbanski
01-24-06, 04:01 PM
So when do I get my member badge ????
sorry didn't mean to mess this post up
yo
should be soon...it usually is automatic; however, often there is a mess up between the paypal e-mail and the forum e-mail addys....and Sal has to fix it manually.

I'd PM him
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=29444

(he doesn't appear to be online right now)

:cheers:
urb

ps: getting those rims of yours black powder coated soon :D

Kadonny
01-24-06, 04:05 PM
:cheers: to YOU Kadonny

I will give them a call and see what they say!

I live in Philly and work in Downingtown right near 100/113

Good luck with the new Car!

See what they say, tell them you heard how good their service is. He told me today that they have 2 great techs that know the cars.

Call them! We should meet for lunch one day after I get my car for a photo op ;)

CRZY747
01-24-06, 04:19 PM
yo
should be soon...it usually is automatic; however, often there is a mess up between the paypal e-mail and the forum e-mail addys....and Sal has to fix it manually.

I'd PM him
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=29444

(he doesn't appear to be online right now)

:cheers:
urb

ps: getting those rims of yours black powder coated soon :D

Sweet, that should look great. I really like my Iforge rims a lot. But now time to get serious and think about more power, as in 550-600 rwhp with the new rear

01-24-06, 05:42 PM
It is a lot easier on the psyche arguing and being flamed by a supporting member.

It also weeds out the riff raff.

Cough.....choke....yawn.

ace996
01-24-06, 06:40 PM
Sorry ACE but the VEtte's are having issues as well.
My brother had a brand new C6 which he ordered...1200 miles later the differential blew up.

2400 miles later the front-right strut went...had to wait over a week because no one in the US stocked it. Had to be ordered from Australia.

I hear you, was it an '05?....the '06 has a different diff,IIRC. Sure, nothing from GM is going to be perfect, but the Vette has a little more R&D into it...it can handle driving it like it was designed, and there are TONS of aftermarket companies making GREAT upgrades for anything one can imagine. It's the only car I'd consider from GM now....and the considering isn't quite yet done...
-ace

naiculnila
01-24-06, 07:21 PM
I hear you, was it an '05?....the '06 has a different diff,IIRC. Sure, nothing from GM is going to be perfect, but the Vette has a little more R&D into it...it can handle driving it like it was designed, and there are TONS of aftermarket companies making GREAT upgrades for anything one can imagine. It's the only car I'd consider from GM now....and the considering isn't quite yet done...
-ace

It was an 05 model.

KADONNY...i just called them. VERY FRIENDLY! compared to others i have called. Spoke to MIKE in service said to just bring it in, show the tech waht it's doing and they will take a loook at it. So i'm hoping for the best!

cts-v ls6
01-24-06, 08:01 PM
Sorry you've had a bad experience. Cosider buying used the next time, no matter what brand you buy. V's with a few miles are plentiful on ebay and elsewhere. As far as the clunk, replace the dual mass flywheel with a standard weight or lightweight one. Yes, I know it's out of your pocket and not warranty. But it eliminates the clunk completely.

Jack