: NYC/L.I. V owners....

willsctsv
01-23-06, 06:49 PM
So fella's let's do it. We can all meet somewhere like 7AM this Sunday morning. Getting out early like this will mean more of the nice roads to ourselves.:thumbsup:
Lets' discuss a meeting place and a time to leave. If it's not raining or snowing. We will discuss the route at the time we meet. Not here. The Man may be watching.:shhh:

JOEYCTS-V
01-23-06, 07:00 PM
:crying: I have to work this Sunday.

We will discuss the route at the time we meet. Not here. The Man may be watching.

Not a bad idea! :thumbsup: If I didn't have work I would be there.

ace996
01-23-06, 07:46 PM
I'm running Kumho all-seasons now...not good for what I'd like to do with the car; remember, I'm a lateral-g addict....all-seasons aren't going to cut it. I'll get together but it'd be like you leaving 100horses in the garage....either way, I'm down for a meet, but would rather wait 'till Spring. I'll have the F1s mounted back on.
-ace

ahahnu
01-23-06, 09:35 PM
I've been trying to do this for a year. I was the only V at Englishtown when a few people said they were going. When it goes down for shore, I hope to have off. Joey, what do you do that you work on sunday also?

JOEYCTS-V
01-23-06, 09:54 PM
I work every other Sunday. I manage a supermarket.

Executive V
01-23-06, 11:49 PM
i would love to but cant this sunday.

willsctsv
01-24-06, 10:53 AM
You guys suck. This is why I go out on my solo runs. Looking to :want: some unsuspecting german metal...
Let me know when you'll are ready!

wooderson
01-24-06, 07:02 PM
Finally got to Captree this past Sunday. No V's at all. Very disappointing. The GTO guys were in full force.

JOEYCTS-V
01-24-06, 07:09 PM
Sorry wooderson. I usually go the Sunday I have off but I had some other things to take care of. See ya there next time. :thumbsup:

willsctsv
01-24-06, 09:19 PM
Screw Captree. That place is too hot with State troopers. They know we go there, and the road that leads there is so dead, straight, and open you can't help but drive over the limit. After getting pulled over there once myself, and one of Joe's bud's got his GTO impounded and got arrested for going like 150mph like 2 weeks ago, I would rather be driving somewhere else.
The funnest part about Captree used to be the run to get there. After you get there you park and look at the same shit..
A shit load of Vette's. GTO's, rustangs, and a few high end cars. Ferrari, Porsche, Viper, Ford GT, etc.

You seen one you seen em all!

I like to drive the V, not park it.

So who's up for this Sunday? Badcady???
Ace?? No crying about the tires, were going to be on the highways, maybe some bends, but no hairpins.. C'mon... They can't go 100mph.

SlvrVee
01-24-06, 09:49 PM
Finally got to Captree this past Sunday. No V's at all. Very disappointing. The GTO guys were in full force.

I was there with my son a little after 9am and left around 1130. My son told me that he had seen a blk V, but I couldn't find you :ill:

ace996
01-24-06, 10:21 PM
So who's up for this Sunday? Badcady???
Ace?? No crying about the tires, were going to be on the highways, maybe some bends, but no hairpins.. C'mon... They can't go 100mph.

High speed runs are not my thing...not in the car. Not on public roads with Troopers looking to bag a "trophy" ticket!!! You get your rush from the higher-speeds, I get them from G-forces...
We'll go, but upstate...I think I know a few roads you'll really like...a bit of everything, and less cops.
-ace

ace996
01-24-06, 10:23 PM
I was there with my son a little after 9am and left around 1130. My son told me that he had seen a blk V, but I couldn't find you :ill:

Hey, SlvrVee, where you been? Cars running good? We need to get together this summer for an autox at the NassauColiseum...a handful of Vs...and some very surprised BMWs!!!!
-ace

M5eatr
01-24-06, 11:05 PM
I am down for a meet. Just as long as it's not a meet, greet and then grab your feet.

As someone had suggested before, a nice Hutch to 684 run would be nice.

JOEYCTS-V
01-24-06, 11:11 PM
Merrit Parkway. :thumbsup:

ace996
01-24-06, 11:26 PM
Tiorate Rd, Harriman Park. You'll know if you know how to drive after taking that road once...either you get to the end or someone calls an ambulance.
Elevation changes are insane, speeds range from 20mph to 100mph. From the map it looks tame, from behind a windscreen or steering wheel its quite intimidating. I've spent days on this road alone on my 996...still haven't mastered it...
-ace

M5eatr
01-24-06, 11:38 PM
I say Bear Mountain and twin lakes drive. I take my motorcycle up there but for a car, you need to open it up. 684 for the high speed runs and Merrit/Hutch parkway for twisties.

On the Merrit last year before the "under 5" commercial for the Super Bowl,, I did the same thing with my brother in law on the Merrit heading up to Okemo for some skiing. I didn't come to a full stop, but did lower my windows and take off from about 20 MPH to north of 100 by the time I came out of the tunnel. It was awesome and had my brother in law crap his pants. I thought someone must have seen me do it and then used it for the commercial.

thebigjimsho
01-25-06, 12:29 AM
If you guys choose a Saturday morning, I'd be down for an upstate NY run. There are some really great roads in NW CT.

willsctsv
01-25-06, 08:58 AM
Ace, You are worried about a ticket? Aren't you going through the twisties above the posted limit?

M5eatr, Are you down for a run this Sunday Morning? Hutch, 684, whatever....
We'll meet but I aint into the ankle shit either so nothing to worry about there...
Where's that tunnel?? The B&B will sound insane in there. I should bring a video Camera. Just don't have anyone to film.

ahahnu
01-25-06, 09:03 AM
Someone has garage fever.

JOEYCTS-V
01-25-06, 09:58 AM
Where's that tunnel??

The tunnel is on the Merrit Parkway. We definitely have to make that run in the spring. I had a great time on the Merrit Parkway corvette run. :cool2:

M5eatr
01-25-06, 10:04 AM
Will, the tunnel is about 30 minutes into CT once you cross the line. The tunnel is two separate two lane tubes, kind of low because it's a parkway-no trucks. I would be down for Sun AM.

Let's say if we head north, I could meet you guys at St. Raymond's Cemetary right over the Whitestone or if you take the Throggs neck, at the edgewater park, right over the TNB. HAs to be early, though. The wife and kids love my Sun Morning breakfast, so I could leave them sleeping and be back for 9AM.

Anyone else, but no ankle grabbers need apply.

sefa01
01-25-06, 01:13 PM
Will: I'm up for Sunday and the Merritt is great. However, if I leave the V at home and bring the Z06, can I still come? If you guys decide to do the Merritt, I'd plan to meet you at the first rest area after you come into Connecticut. Let me know.
BTW, great to see you posting Linden (SlvrVee). It's been too long. I don't go on this board that much any more, but when I do I haven't seen you.
BTW #2, did either of you sign up for any track day events, PDA or otherwise?

ahahnu
01-25-06, 03:23 PM
You got to Z06 already?? Your gonna take it out in this weather??

wooderson
01-25-06, 09:43 PM
I was there with my son a little after 9am and left around 1130. My son told me that he had seen a blk V, but I couldn't find you :ill: That was me. Sorry I didn't see you. Very nice cars there. I was going to bring my son too but didn't know what kind of scene it was. Also, I wanted to air the car out a little. Only 500 miles on car after 2 months. I didn't see any cops at all, Troopers or State Park . Even had a little run with a Fox body Mustang on slicks.

JOEYCTS-V
01-25-06, 10:32 PM
Like Will stated above, be VERY careful on Ocean Pkwy. :nono:

ace996
01-25-06, 10:39 PM
Will, you bet I may stretch the limit on the twisties...but picture 3 or 4 Vs hauling ass on an open parkway....they'd have to call the helicopters!
And getting a 60mph ticket in a 30zone is different than a 130 ticket in a 60zone....
I'm a twisties guy, you know that...
-ace

wooderson
01-25-06, 10:49 PM
Like Will stated above, be VERY careful on Ocean Pkwy. :nono:20 years ago, when I first got my license, I got 2 tickets going around the circle at the Jones Beach Theater. That was the first and last time I f-cked around on Ocean Parkway.

willsctsv
01-26-06, 09:01 AM
Ace, sounds like you got your panties in a twist!

willsctsv
01-26-06, 09:06 AM
M5etr. Give me your cell #, I will meet you at 7am over the whitestone. Sefa, give me your # again. I will call you when we get to CT. Figure from Whitestone bridge to the rest area is how long at 100+mph. That's what time we will be there..LOL! Yes. bring the Z06, I thought you had a c6, traded it already? The exhaust on my V will shatter your windows in the tunnel.:histeric:

JOEYCTS-V
01-26-06, 09:27 AM
And getting a 60mph ticket in a 30zone is different than a 130 ticket in a 60zone....

Oh yea? How about 160 in a 35!! Right after the circle the first mile or so is a 35mph zone. You would never think it but there is a sign even though it's a 3 lane highway in the middle of nowhere. It's still considered the "park".

sefa01
01-26-06, 11:18 AM
M5etr. Give me your cell #, I will meet you at 7am over the whitestone. Sefa, give me your # again. I will call you when we get to CT. Figure from Whitestone bridge to the rest area is how long at 100+mph. That's what time we will be there..LOL! Yes. bring the Z06, I thought you had a c6, traded it already? The exhaust on my V will shatter your windows in the tunnel.:histeric:I'll plan to be at the first CT rest area by 7:15. Yes, I traded the C6 for a Z06. Same color--Daytona Sunset Orange. When we get to the tunnel, I'll be sure to roll my windows down. Can't afford new ones. If Tim was around, I'd have him drive the V and join us. But he's at school now.

ahahnu
01-26-06, 02:19 PM
Sefa how long would it take to get there? I have to work at 11 (I think), so I can't stay long, but would like to say what up.

M5eatr
01-26-06, 03:43 PM
So we are in for 7 am on the Bronx side, along the service road St. Raymonds Cemetary. Get off on the first exit after the WSB. I will be in the Black V. My brother may come with his Viper.

The weather may not be ideal. It looks like it will be overcast, possible showers. We should know more in a day or so.

sefa01
01-26-06, 04:41 PM
Sefa how long would it take to get there? I have to work at 11 (I think), so I can't stay long, but would like to say what up.

Get to where from where? It will take me about 20 minutes from the Tappen Zee Bridge to get to the first rest area in CT. I'm not sure how long it is to the tunnel from the rest area.

sefa01
01-26-06, 04:45 PM
The weather may not be ideal. It looks like it will be overcast, possible showers. We should know more in a day or so.

AOL weather says "occasional" showers. If it's really raining, though, I may pass.

willsctsv
01-26-06, 05:28 PM
Raining, I'm passing. Clouds I'm still in!
7AM at the Cemetary. I don't know how to get to the tunnel. What's the address I'll put it in the nav.. Just kidding!

ace996
01-26-06, 05:41 PM
Ace, sounds like you got your panties in a twist!

Not a twist...a bind. Leather binds, silk twists. And any more talk like that, I'll whip out the Ducati...Don't make me open up that can!:shhh:
-ace

itbdby
01-26-06, 10:11 PM
Hey Will, Sefa01 and Slvr, are you planning another Watkins Glen (PDA) track day? I would love to get the V's out ther with the Z06. -Angelo

thebigjimsho
01-26-06, 11:45 PM
Get to where from where? It will take me about 20 minutes from the Tappen Zee Bridge to get to the first rest area in CT. I'm not sure how long it is to the tunnel from the rest area.From the first rest area in CT to the tunel is about 40 miles.

sefa01
01-27-06, 05:36 PM
Hey Will, Sefa01 and Slvr, are you planning another Watkins Glen (PDA) track day? I would love to get the V's out ther with the Z06. -AngeloI have 29 track days scheduled now ate Lime Rock, Moroso, Sebring, Watkins Glen, Pocono, Mid Ohio, VIR, and Beaver Run. I will be at Watkins Glen with PDA on May 8-9.

JOEYCTS-V
01-27-06, 07:32 PM
From the first rest area in CT to the tunel is about 40 miles. It's definitely less than 40 miles. More like 25-30 tops.

thebigjimsho
01-27-06, 11:15 PM
It's definitely less than 40 miles. More like 25-30 tops.Sorry, my mistake. I was wrong. The tunnel is 47 miles away from the first rest area in CT at the CT/NY border.

ahahnu
01-28-06, 07:48 PM
Is anyone still in on this? Haven't seen much excitment or confimation in a while. Just wondering if I should wash tonight.

sefa01
01-28-06, 08:42 PM
Is anyone still in on this? Haven't seen much excitment or confimation in a while. Just wondering if I should wash tonight.

Weather looks good. Wash up (and you might want to touch up the V, too). See ya!

willsctsv
01-28-06, 10:25 PM
Me, M5eatr and his friend with a Viper will meet about 6:45 am on the service road at the first exit over the Whitestone Br. There's a cemetary there.
Just got back from the Car wash with the V. See ya there!

JOEYCTS-V
01-28-06, 10:38 PM
At 6:45 I'll be starting work. Wish I could make it. :(

ahahnu
01-28-06, 11:17 PM
I don't know where that all is. I think I'll try again when the weather is better, I have better tires, etc. DDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN!! I really wanted to join but to many variables.

M5eatr
01-28-06, 11:34 PM
I spoke with Will, we are on. Sorry Will, I was up late last night so I was taking a little snooze when you called. If anyone else is interested, there is St Raymond's Cemetary on the Northbound side of the Hutchinson River Parkway in the Bronx, right over the Whitestone Bridge. My brother and I will be there. He has a Viper, so I guess he will want to play with Sefa's Z06.

7 AM at the cemetary. 7:15 at the rest area in CT. It is the first gas station in CT. The Hutchinson River Parkway turns into the Merrit Parkway and the exit nimbers get wacky, I think they repeat #29 and then start at 1 so look for it about a mile or so after exit 29 Ridge Street which is still NY.

PM me or Will. Will has my cell# and I have his.