: I just don't get it...yet!?

CHXGRL
01-23-06, 06:28 PM
:bonkers: Who can help? As the new wife of a CTS-V owner; we said our first good-byes this weekend. I wasn't worried with the long drive to DC, I wasn't worried about the first week apart as a married couple, I wasn't worried about the house or the things to do during his absence...I worried about 'how would he handle' the first time 'his girl' had to be driven in the rain. Goodness knows that 'his girl' has only been wet when there was a carefully planned car wash happening. Now 'she' was backed out into the cold rain for a trip to DC to a dealer (that he tirelessly searched this forum for) and to part for the first time from her Caddy-daddy. I noticed the grimace as he pulled away; the somber spirit of his demeaner. He called to tell me 'she' made it ok; 'she'd' only be in the hotel garage a day before he could get 'her' in the dealer. I just don't get it; who can explain the bond between this man and his 'girl'?

CIWS
01-23-06, 06:35 PM
Well the only "girl" I have to worry about is "Katrina", no newly-wife here on this end to become concerned about the initimate relationship between me and "her" ;) So maybe one of the married guys should take a stab at it ? :hmm:

urbanski
01-23-06, 06:58 PM
lol
i miss my baby every second I'm not driving her :)
:cheers:

get one for yourself :)

homer403
01-23-06, 07:16 PM
Be careful, James (Lindsay) could be the other woman :histeric:

heavymetals
01-23-06, 07:24 PM
I am sure you have heard the term "golf widow".

Be thankful it isn't model airplanes.......

CHXGRL
01-23-06, 07:30 PM
I'm really worried now; 'she' may be in the shop until he can pick her up Friday. He says she will be better off parked at the dealer versus the hotel garage. I hope he is ok; he sounds weak just talking about it. :suspense: I'll keep you posted about his and her health.

kjr39
01-23-06, 07:41 PM
I respond to the womanly voice that gives directions as 'sweetheart'.

That is, until my wife got jealous and told me I needed to stop.

Now, I only think it. :P

dqw1
01-23-06, 08:15 PM
The "other woman". And her name is V.

lasstss
01-23-06, 08:23 PM
My wife calls it my 'Black Mistress' go figure!:)

crowan
01-23-06, 08:40 PM
Wait untill he starts making 10:00 PM runs to the 7-Eleven for and doesn't return until midnight. Don't bother hiring a private detective because its not another woman. He has found an open road with "twisties" to wring out the V.

And when you find him with the V backed up to the garage door so that he can better hear the rumble of the 400 ponies, don't make fun of him. He can't help himself.

It will wear off...........eventually.:cool:

CR

crowan
01-23-06, 08:46 PM
My wife calls it my 'Black Mistress' go figure!:)

Thats also what Hillary Clinton says....... but Bill doesn't own a V.:shhh: :hide:

2004ctsv
01-23-06, 08:48 PM
Before I bought mine, I told my wife about a buddy going through mid-life crisis. The young honey he was shacking up with cost him 60G over six months. His wife never found out otherwise it would have cost him a whole lot more.

My wife has no problem with the time and money I spend on my V. She doesn't need a detective, she knows what I'm doing by the Sunoco credit card bill.

T

CHXGRL
01-24-06, 07:23 PM
Good news! 'She' will be out on Friday for sure. They decided the noise was serious enough to take care of right away. I wasn't jealous before but now I think I could be. "She" is getting a new rear end! I'll still have the same one. Good grief...

CHXGRL
01-24-06, 07:25 PM
Before I bought mine, I told my wife about a buddy going through mid-life crisis. The young honey he was shacking up with cost him 60G over six months. His wife never found out otherwise it would have cost him a whole lot more.

My wife has no problem with the time and money I spend on my V. She doesn't need a detective, she knows what I'm doing by the Sunoco credit card bill.

T I see your wife's point; I need to calm down and maybe take 'her' for a spin myself. I've been hands off so far but the temptation is taking over. :bouncy:

CHXGRL
01-24-06, 07:29 PM
lol
i miss my baby every second I'm not driving her :)
:cheers:

get one for yourself :)

I'll test out his first...just to see if I'm even worthy of a V. Think he'll give me the keys?!

trekster
01-24-06, 07:54 PM
I'll test out his first...just to see if I'm even worthy of a V. Think he'll give me the keys?!You have a very powerful weapon you can use against him.

calicadi
01-24-06, 09:30 PM
:bonkers: Who can help? As the new wife of a CTS-V owner; we said our first good-byes this weekend. I wasn't worried with the long drive to DC, I wasn't worried about the first week apart as a married couple, I wasn't worried about the house or the things to do during his absence...I worried about 'how would he handle' the first time 'his girl' had to be driven in the rain. Goodness knows that 'his girl' has only been wet when there was a carefully planned car wash happening. Now 'she' was backed out into the cold rain for a trip to DC to a dealer (that he tirelessly searched this forum for) and to part for the first time from her Caddy-daddy. I noticed the grimace as he pulled away; the somber spirit of his demeaner. He called to tell me 'she' made it ok; 'she'd' only be in the hotel garage a day before he could get 'her' in the dealer. I just don't get it; who can explain the bond between this man and his 'girl'?

Try this
http://www.betterbuddha.com/emotional_and_psychologial_issues_2.htm

Men (and women) can become fixated on objects. If it causes no greater harm to self or others, generally speaking it's acceptable behavior in modern society. I know this because I'm utterly :bonkers: over my V! Begs the question where -greater harm- begins, eh?

kjr39
01-24-06, 09:31 PM
You have a very powerful weapon you can use against him.

Hey! That's cruel and unusual punishment...

Actually, that's my usual punishment... Nevermind..... :helpless:

CIWS
01-24-06, 10:23 PM
I'll test out his first...just to see if I'm even worthy of a V. Think he'll give me the keys?!

Just don't lay on the hood... :duck:

(inside forum joke)

kjr39
01-24-06, 10:25 PM
Just don't lay on the hood... :duck:

(inside forum joke)

lol.

I think she got the keys (and anything else she wanted.)

I mean, really, if you're going to take a pic......wash your car first...

CHXGRL
01-25-06, 10:12 PM
Try this
http://www.betterbuddha.com/emotional_and_psychologial_issues_2.htm

Men (and women) can become fixated on objects. If it causes no greater harm to self or others, generally speaking it's acceptable behavior in modern society. I know this because I'm utterly :bonkers: over my V! Begs the question where -greater harm- begins, eh?

Thanks for the website...I may need it. I do know he sounds so much more at peace today after picking her up from the shop. He said her new rear end is perfect! I'm expecting flowers, candy, dinner, wine, and a shopping trip for that remark.

CHXGRL
01-25-06, 10:14 PM
Hey! That's cruel and unusual punishment...

Actually, that's my usual punishment... Nevermind..... :helpless:

LOL I haven't used that weapon yet :shhh: I'm waiting to see what he brings me home from his trip.

CIWS
01-25-06, 10:25 PM
I'm expecting flowers, candy, dinner, wine, and a shopping trip for that remark.

Are you sure that that won't make you even more jealous when he get that's stuff for the Cadi ? ;)

CHXGRL
01-25-06, 10:28 PM

T

It's not the time and money that worries me; I like to see him happy and the V definitely makes him happy. Walking past it will bring a smile and a head shake everytime. It's the emotional rollercoaster that comes with the attachment he has with his car. It's the worry that the car 'doesn't sound just right' or 'look what I found online for 'her', or "I think I'll give her a bath and take her out, the weather is nice, or 'did you see her when I backed her up?! Beautiful, just beautiful! I think we've adopted a small child instead of getting a car (forgive me; not car...V). I say all of this in fun; he truely enjoys the car... :jawdrop: maybe 'he' is the child? :hmm:

CHXGRL
01-25-06, 10:36 PM
Are you sure that that won't make you even more jealous when he get that's stuff for the Cadi ? ;)

:yup: You could be right! I'll have to wait if he's more worried with hand waxing her or me when he gets back Friday. Having a V at home sure has it's challenges, huh?

CIWS
01-25-06, 10:42 PM
You'll know you're making points if he asks you if you'd like to come help bathe and wax her. :thumbsup:

Merle Corey
01-26-06, 12:23 AM
LoL best jolly I've had in a while.
Reminded me of the terrible days between Xmas and New Years when 'my girl' was being carred for. Only thing that made it any eaiser was I knew she was in a better place than the rain covered roads of Northern California when the floods came...

Thank you CHXGRL

twinsberry
01-26-06, 10:28 AM
Don't worry everyone, Lindsay did a great job repairing the car. She was clean as a whistle when I picked her up. The UUC and new rear are great. It appears that I will have to use my shifter and keep her off the forum.

I'm feeling this is her outlet to talk about the V. She loves it but hates to say it. What do you expect I went from a 94 Concours to a 05 V. She will understand better after this weekend.

:tongue2:

CIWS
01-26-06, 10:45 AM
What do you expect I went from a 94 Concours to a 05 V. She will understand better after this weekend.
:tongue2:

Holy giant upgrade Batman !

Glad everything went well with the car and you have her back now to enjoy. I can only hope my local Dealership can be even close to what Lindsay's knowledge and service to the V appears to be.

The new wife's "forumcapades" were cute ;)

kjr39
01-26-06, 02:57 PM
It's not the time and money that worries me; I like to see him happy and the V definitely makes him happy. Walking past it will bring a smile and a head shake everytime. It's the emotional rollercoaster that comes with the attachment he has with his car. It's the worry that the car 'doesn't sound just right' or 'look what I found online for 'her', or "I think I'll give her a bath and take her out, the weather is nice, or 'did you see her when I backed her up?! Beautiful, just beautiful! I think we've adopted a small child instead of getting a car (forgive me; not car...V). I say all of this in fun; he truely enjoys the car... :jawdrop: maybe 'he' is the child? :hmm:

If you would like, I can give you my wife's email address and you two can start a support group? :thumbsup: She's had to go through the same thing....

And, I am a child.... No maybe about it.