: GOT PUNCHED BY THE 800lb GORILLA!

1badcady
01-22-06, 06:29 PM
Left work today looking to play:yup: boy did i find it:yup: pulled up behind
a new M5, still with the dealer sticker, gave him the high beams it was
on:D , there was a little traffic, was on third gear about 4K as soon as
it opened up it was on:D . He definitely wanted some, that car is just
amazing, was on his a$$ up to 100, then he started pulling away, that car
sounds awsome and shifts soooo quick. Im still give the V credit 50K more and thats it! The last thing on his mind was that the cady was still on him:shocked: If there was no traffic he would of bruised me up some more:banghead: .
But I will see him again, with a maggie or cam & heads soooon:sneaky:
cant wait to see his face next time;)
Tom

willsctsv
01-22-06, 06:39 PM
What road were you on?

1badcady
01-22-06, 06:44 PM
Will whats up? I was on the belt going east.
I already called the doctor, just waiting
for the spring!
Tom

ace996
01-22-06, 06:56 PM
The Doctor's Rx is HEADS AND CAM. And when your suspension is dialed, we'll open the can of 'WhoopAss on a road-course. Don't worry, Tom, its times like that which give inspiration for mods....
Figure another 100hp and the story would be a little different!!!!!
-ace

1badcady
01-22-06, 07:03 PM
The Doctor's Rx is HEADS AND CAM. And when your suspension is dialed, we'll open the can of 'WhoopAss on a road-course. Don't worry, Tom, its times like that which give inspiration for mods....
Figure another 100hp and the story would be a little different!!!!!
-ace

Ace
The M5 doesnt have much tq, but it makes up for it with that
smooth & quick gear box (7 spd smg), which keeps it on its sweet
spots. thats the key! but like i said after my Rx :stirpot: its on:thumbsup:
Tom

JOEYCTS-V
01-22-06, 07:24 PM
I saw a new M5 last week on the L.I.E. He was haulin ass! :D

1badcady
01-22-06, 07:47 PM
I saw a new M5 last week on the L.I.E. He was haulin ass! :D

This one was like a burgandy, I must admit it, looked better
on the road than in the dealer:yup: , it seems to handle very
well also.

ahahnu
01-22-06, 08:19 PM
I saw one last night for the second time. It past me going the other way down a two lave road. Sounded sweet, it must be loud. mmmmmmmmmV10

JOEYCTS-V
01-22-06, 08:24 PM
The one I saw was black. For $95,000 I'd rather buy a C6 Z06 and have extra money to mod it. :nono:

ahahnu
01-22-06, 08:28 PM
mmmmmmmmmmZ06

1badcady
01-22-06, 08:38 PM
The only reason most of us did not get vettes, was because
we need four doors!

Devil_concours
01-22-06, 08:54 PM
I saw one last night for the second time. It past me going the other way down a two lave road. Sounded sweet, it must be loud. mmmmmmmmmV10
v10 that revs beyond 8k rpm. Move over s2000

willsctsv
01-22-06, 09:31 PM
I was on the LIE (495) going east today. Out for a little fun run about 9:30 am. I ran up on a tricked out E series Wagon. I was praying it was an e55. I don't think it was, but he wanted to play. It was silver, no dual pipes in the back, tinted windows, and some chrome wheels. Went I went for the pass he started acclerating hard, we were already doing about 75mph. I nailed it in 4th and pulled away immediately. I backed off and he was still trying to go for it. I let him get up to my back bumber and I nailed it again and just killed him as I approached 120. He stayed into it to at least 100. I then slowed to 55-60 and the dude never drove up to give a thumbs up or anything. Sore loser.
Earlier I took a nice ride at 8am over the Whitestone bridge to the Hutch, and then to 684. Nice road, no one in the way, the V and me were lovin it!
The L.I. crowd needs to do a run like this, anyone want to go?, ACE, 1Badcady, Joe..

1badcady
01-22-06, 09:57 PM
I was on the LIE (495) going east today. Out for a little fun run about 9:30 am. I ran up on a tricked out E series Wagon. I was praying it was an e55. I don't think it was, but he wanted to play. It was silver, no dual pipes in the back, tinted windows, and some chrome wheels. Went I went for the pass he started acclerating hard, we were already doing about 75mph. I nailed it in 4th and pulled away immediately. I backed off and he was still trying to go for it. I let him get up to my back bumber and I nailed it again and just killed him as I approached 120. He stayed into it to at least 100. I then slowed to 55-60 and the dude never drove up to give a thumbs up or anything. Sore loser.
Earlier I took a nice ride at 8am over the Whitestone bridge to the Hutch, and then to 684. Nice road, no one in the way, the V and me were lovin it!
The L.I. crowd needs to do a run like this, anyone want to go?, ACE, 1Badcady, Joe..

Im in!:yup: , Will we have to make an apointment with the Dr, thats the
only way we can compete with the bimmers:annoyed:

CIWS
01-22-06, 10:00 PM
The only reason most of us did not get vettes, was because
we need four doors!

:yeah:

Plus unless the other driver knows what a V is, they "assume" it's a normal CTS and get a suprise :eek:

Luna.
01-22-06, 10:01 PM
The only reason most of us did not get vettes, was because we need four doors!

1badcady
01-22-06, 10:10 PM

Plus unless the other driver knows what a V is, they "assume" it's a normal CTS and get a suprise :eek:

I wish I saw his face, when the cady was on his ass! After
spending 100 large:eek: , wait till maggie:bouncy:

CTSV05
01-22-06, 11:52 PM
Good story.
Keep us updated...:)

M5eatr
01-23-06, 09:30 AM
684 is a great superslab road to open the V up. That is where I have done my top speed runs. The Hutch is great for the twisties and altitude changes. When you guys are ready, I am in.

I will also give a call to the Vette Doctors. They seem like a great shop.

1badcady
01-23-06, 01:17 PM
I will also give a call to the Vette Doctors. They seem like a great shop.[/quote]

I Called them today & have an apointment today?:sneaky:

ace996
01-23-06, 06:30 PM

Will, I'm all down for a fun run in the twisties. Somewhere up by BearMntn, Harriman Park, ect. I've run like a bat out of Hell "Upstate" on my bike...speeds I'll not share at this moment...and know of several roads so twisty that we'll need to bring extra tires to make it home.
I'm down...let's do it.
-ace

JOEYCTS-V
01-23-06, 07:04 PM
I'm down! I'll have my swaybars installed by Thursday. :D Will, I wish you came on that corvette cruise last fall. There are a lot of nice roads in CT. Maybe we should do that same run. I'll send ya pics if you want.