: Climate Control Tempermental and the radio too

rae20108
01-22-06, 05:36 PM
Hello I have a cadillac fleetwood it has the opera lights on the side. Anyway the climate control system doesn't respond properly. When you turn it on air only comes out of the floor vents, and when you turn the defroster on it still only comes out of the floor until the car warms up and then the defroster may work. The heating and cooling work fine its just it doesn't change to the panels and if it does it is a rare occurance. Any ideas???

Also i have the Symphony Sound Radio and for some reason it will begin to spontaneously start changing channels without any input from me. It will not show on the display that it is changing stations but you can hear it cycling through different radio stations. When you try to change the stations it does abosolutly nothing. After a while it will operate properly but it might start cycling again.

So does anyone have any idea why my car seems possesed???
Thanks,

Rami

rae20108
01-22-06, 11:19 PM
whoops i posted in the wrong thread can a mod move this to the

"Cadillac DeVille (1985 to 2005), 1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special / All FWD Forum" forum please. sorry for the inconvieience

rae20108
01-30-06, 09:53 PM
so no ideas at all to what may be causing this problem???

Spock
01-30-06, 11:03 PM
Can you determine if the two are linked? If you are operating one or the other is there a coorelation?
For the radio are you pressing the skip, or scan button? It will change stations every few seconds so you can preview what's on without having to change stations.

rae20108
02-02-06, 03:38 AM
i doubt they are corralated at all. and the display on the radio doesn't show it as changing if you hit it it tends to work from what i have experimented with. The a/c just doesn't like to change where its output comes from. What device controls which vent the air is directed out of??

turk
02-17-06, 11:00 PM
Your blower control module could be bad and causing the erratic fan action. There is a also vaccume controlled vent module as well which could be the problem with the vents not switching. Good luck...

carnut
02-19-06, 08:21 PM
The radio issue is internal, in the radio. Try some tuner cleaner from Radio Shack, spray it behind the scan button. Remove the glove box liner and you can watch the silver rod move left to right as you go from 60 degrees to 90 degrees on the display. If the rod stops or is jerky in operation, then the HVAC module it attaches to needs replaced. Sometimes going to max cold(60 degrees) you can unsnap the rod from the plastic arm and holding the rod tight, reattach the rod, this adjusts the travel. Sometimes I've seen the rod hang up on wiring that has been mis postioned. This test is done with the car running.