: Re-Activating XM radio problem

CTS5
01-21-06, 09:51 PM
Has anybody here had problems re-establishing XM satellite radio service? I let the initial new car trial period lapse, then bought a year subscription but can't get it to work. I call XM with radio on XM station #1, they ask for my radio ID and say they send out the activation signal. I wait the recommended 20-60 minutes with the radio on and nothing happens. Still have only channels 0, 1 and 247 (or whatever the emergency alert channel is). Is there something I'm missing? I've tried more then 4 times now and from more than 1 location. :banghead:

CVP33
01-22-06, 01:16 AM
I had the same problem. I tried 5 times in 5 different areas, everytime left out in the open, no roof or parking garage. XM could not establish a signal for me. Alas, I gave up after arguing with XM over the phone for nearly 30 minutes. I finally said, your crappy stations really aren't worth all this agravation, just refund my payment.

ewill3rd
01-22-06, 10:25 AM
First have them make sure the account is set up properly, they can't activate an inactive account, no matter how many times they try.

Next, you could have a bad receiver, I have had several that would not activate. I replaced the receivers and then tried again.
It should rapid activate in about 3 minutes, I have never seen it take longer than 5.
If it won't and you still have a warranty, take it in to get it looked at.