: Goodbye to a good car

wheelro
01-21-06, 07:33 PM
Well the time has some to say goodbye.
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your help and comments on problems that I had. It's a shame that I had to sell the car, I really like it.

I sold the car for well below what I think it was worth. I listed the car after I was a little steamed that it would not start. i had a coolant leak too.
So needless to say, I had a lot of calls. Hopefully the new owner will have some knowledge of tkaing care of it and will have it for many years.

So like I said earlier, goodbye and have fun. I know I did.

NJ_Catera
01-23-06, 05:37 PM
I was recently told by my auto mechanic (who also has a Catera) that these cars do not sell well. I'm in the process of selling mine and I know I won't get what it's worth. I paid $3500 for mine 2 yrs ago with 98,000 and now it has 110,000 and I doubt if I'll get what it's worth.

miahcornell
01-25-06, 03:28 AM
I was recently told by my auto mechanic (who also has a Catera) that these cars do not sell well. I'm in the process of selling mine and I know I won't get what it's worth. I paid $3500 for mine 2 yrs ago with 98,000 and now it has 110,000 and I doubt if I'll get what it's worth.

I pulled into a shop once, just asking a few questions. I didn't get the model of car yet when he walked out and saw it. He immediately walked inside, and I swear he looked like he saw a ghost. He then told me the story of a catera he had in his shop for over a month, and told me he really would rather not work on my car (replacing the front struts).

I do all of my maintenence myself, but have never replaced struts before (always had full size trucks). I guess now I will find that out.

dallas_cts
01-31-06, 12:56 AM
I pulled into a shop once, just asking a few questions. I didn't get the model of car yet when he walked out and saw it. He immediately walked inside, and I swear he looked like he saw a ghost. He then told me the story of a catera he had in his shop for over a month, and told me he really would rather not work on my car (replacing the front struts).

I do all of my maintenence myself, but have never replaced struts before (always had full size trucks). I guess now I will find that out..