: '89 Brougham Redesign

DopeStar 156
01-21-06, 11:12 AM
Well, I was bored so I started screwing around with a picture of my car. I don't think it looks better or worse in any way, but I kinda made it look like a '76.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/caddyedit.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-21-06, 02:36 PM
You took off that header bar on the grille?

Yeah it does look like a '76, but at 9/10's the size :p

caddycruiser
01-21-06, 02:56 PM
Interesting. Like you said, not obviously better or worse, but certainly different.

Oh, and it actually does look a bit like a smaller '76, at least with that front view.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-21-06, 03:04 PM
You should get 'C A D I L L A C' in big bold letters above the grille, that would look cooool :cool2:

Katshot
01-21-06, 07:27 PM
I don't know, I think I like it better with the chrome. Plus, without turn signals, you'll have a problem with the cops.

TeagueJT81
01-21-06, 07:42 PM
I like it. You should see how it looks with a chrome strip down the center of the hood like the old Fleetwoods.

Night Wolf
01-21-06, 08:35 PM
1980-1984 IIRC had the chrome strip down the center.

I like the chome header... the body color makes it look like my '79....

and yeah, turn signals are kind of a good thing :)

DopeStar 156
01-22-06, 02:00 AM
You should get 'C A D I L L A C' in big bold letters above the grille, that would look cooool :cool2:
*GASP!* Yeaaaaaaahh..... No no no!!!

"F L E E T W O O D"

Haha! Well on the 76 the turn signals were on the outside edge of the headlights. I personally love the body styling of my car from every angle. It is the only car I can honestly think of that I love the styling from 360 degrees. No other car do i like from just about every angle, but the 80's RWD Cadillacs look good all around if you ask me. I love how they're so heavily ornimented. There's some sort of Cadillac insignia or emblem everywhere you look, especially the interior and the lights. I love the emblems on the turn signals and taillights.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-22-06, 02:03 AM
I think it would look better if you had clear turn signals.

DopeStar 156
01-22-06, 02:28 AM
I think it would look better if you had clear turn signals.
Haha eww no! No I like the turn signals just as they are. I never liked the look of the clear ones. In fact I can't remember these cars ever having clear ones. I know the Seville and Eldo had them but not the Fleetwood or the DeVille as I recall. I could be wrong though......

Katshot
01-22-06, 08:21 AM
Haha eww no! No I like the turn signals just as they are. I never liked the look of the clear ones. In fact I can't remember these cars ever having clear ones. I know the Seville and Eldo had them but not the Fleetwood or the DeVille as I recall. I could be wrong though......
Check it out. I always liked the clear lenses better myself.

Night Wolf
01-22-06, 03:26 PM
yup, they had them.

Also 1977 had them while '78 and '79 had the amber.... I picked a pair of the '77 lens up at the junkyard, just in case I ever wanted to use them :)

Katshot
01-22-06, 03:32 PM
I always thought the clear lens with the gold emblem looked the best. Very rich looking IMO. Always thought the plain amber lens looked cheap in comparison.

LaneWvr
01-23-06, 10:21 AM
Looks funny with a a clear one then next to it is and amber one. Thats why I don't like the clear ones, if there was one for the lower side lens I would love it.

Night Wolf
01-23-06, 12:55 PM
amber is needed on the front of US cars because it is a marker light, shows where the car starts and ends from the side at night (the rear is red) Ever see a trailer at night? they have marker lights too.

Only thing you could do, would be a clear side lens with amber bulb.... still, usually that is also a reflector, so it needs to be amber.

DaveSmed
01-23-06, 01:53 PM
Looks funny with a a clear one then next to it is and amber one. Thats why I don't like the clear ones, if there was one for the lower side lens I would love it.

I wonder if they made export spec corner lenses for these cars?