: Well, It's Been One Year Today ...

rand49er
01-21-06, 07:50 AM
Bought the V one year ago today, and thought I'd put down just few, selected stats. Anybody want to compare?
Miles: 16, 518
Fuel used: 782.9
MPG: 21.1
Oil Chgs: 4
Tire Chgs: 1
Mods: Clear bra, B&M shifter, Volant CAI, Mille Miglias (winter)
Usage: Daily driver
Problems: ZERO
Subjective: I still LOVE to drive this car!

OldRoadDawg
01-21-06, 11:02 AM
Glad to hear your V is treating you right. Sounds like you are treating your V right also. Wow . . 21 mpg average! I can't discipline myself well enough to get that sort of average.

willsctsv
01-21-06, 11:15 AM
How do you get 21 miles per gallon in the V?
Do you ever rev past 3K?
Dude, You are not driving your V, you are driving a Deville!

CIWS
01-21-06, 11:46 AM
Maybe he's just getting more highway miles on the car than city miles. Unfortunately I'm just the opposite.

Flyboy
01-21-06, 12:19 PM
Randy,

Nice "seeing" from you again...We all gotta hook up this spring when the weather breaks. My "V" is still at Katech, safe and warm in the building. Can't talk about the changes....TOP SECRET, you know. See ya' soon.

Jimmy

willsctsv
01-21-06, 01:05 PM
Even on the highway you still get the bug to put the pedal to the metal once in a while, traffic and weather permitting of course.
If not, why buy a performance sedan? Could of bought a 6cyl for that matter,and saved about 20k...

BadCad
01-21-06, 03:44 PM
Good mileage - just how do you manage that? When I was behaving, I would occasionally get 20 mpg. After the UUC and Corsa, my mpg went down - couldn't resist the sound of the motor at higher rpm's and the UUC shifting.

HDMLNIUM
01-21-06, 04:01 PM
I have had my V for a year this month also..
Miles: now are 6030
MPG: 17.4
Oil changes: 3
Mods;
B&B Longtube headers and high flow cats
B&B 3" resonator and x-pipe cat back
Lingenfelter CAI
StealthV power tune
StealthV Fuel rail covers
BMR AWK
BMR Toe rods
BMR Trailing arms
FG2 shocks
Wildwheel lowering kit
Lasstss billet interior pieces and shifter knob
UUC short shifter
3m clear bra
Tinted windows
A few other mods I am forgetting, but that covers it pretty good.
Usage: Night/Weekend toy
Problems: Battery, Differential, and the clutch were Dealer replaced at 4869 miles under warranty.
Subjective: I have a "like to have"/"don't really need" relationship with the car.
Some days I think I want to get rid of her and other days I am happy and think she is a keeper.. Time will tell as I am having my thoughts still..
Anyone have about 35-36k in the New England area looking to buy a V???

Bill

rand49er
01-22-06, 08:57 AM
How do you get 21 miles per gallon in the V?
Do you ever rev past 3K?
Dude, You are not driving your V, you are driving a Deville!Hey, that's OLD dude :D . Yeah, I drive it fairly placidly most of the time. But, Friday just before noon, I did have the chance to run a GTO (350 hp I think). Guy was almost as old as I am, too. Good thing we shut it down when we did 'cause instead of hitting third gear at 6500 RPM, I found myself in fifth! :hide: Geez, you're right, I need to practice more.

01-22-06, 10:58 AM
Some days I think I want to get rid of her and other days I am happy and think she is a keeper.. Time will tell as I am having my thoughts still..

I've been married 10 years, and still have the same thoughts.

V Amazed
01-22-06, 04:43 PM
shit, you guys with 21 and 17 mpg are lucky. I get on average 12-13 mpg. Fillups tend to be expensive. With the money I spend on gas, I could have already had a maggie by now.

Ben