: Peaple just dont know what they are missing out on!!

supasweetride
01-21-06, 02:11 AM
So non Cadillac lovers :bomb: ar complete ass holes!!! I just bought a 87 Brougham. and I am in love with it, anyways everyone makes fun of it because its so big, they call it a boat, a yaht, and some have said ghetto sled..... but I dont care its my car and I love it!! and people just need to get overthemselves because they are just jelous because they dont have a sweet ass caddy!!

DopeStar 156
01-21-06, 03:53 AM
I usually don't concider "boat" or "yaht" to be insults really. In fact, yahts are pretty nice. **** 'em, odds are they lack a V8. Bwahahaha.

Adam
01-21-06, 06:46 AM
...odds are they lack a V8. Bwahahaha.

...and have a much faster V6.:D ha, sorry bro, i had too.

Katshot
01-21-06, 08:23 AM
Don't feel bad, my WIFE makes fun of my FTS. :(

DopeStar 156
01-21-06, 10:48 AM
...and have a much faster V6.:D ha, sorry bro, i had too.
Quiet yous! I'll bet you're missin' that 5.7 huh? Haha.

caddieboy
01-21-06, 11:33 AM
So non Cadillac lovers :bomb: ar complete ass holes!!! I just bought a 87 Brougham. and I am in love with it, anyways everyone makes fun of it because its so big, they call it a boat, a yaht, and some have said ghetto sled..... but I dont care its my car and I love it!! and people just need to get overthemselves because they are just jelous because they dont have a sweet ass caddy!!

I was infected with the Cadillac Bug when I was a young lad. Driving my dad's 79 Deville got me hooked (I swore I could take my friend's 5.0 Mustang the thing jumped so much) and then handed down his 87 Brougham to me. Nothing rides like a Brougham. People are amazed we can manage such big cars, and of course, they can't. I had trouble parking a freeking Echo because I couldn't see where the back of the car ended nor where the front of the car ended. IN the Caddie I can see all four corners.

My friends nicknamed my white 87 Brougham "Baluga" after the whale which I quite liked. :D

BluEyes
01-21-06, 11:41 AM
I'll call mine a boat or a yacht. Yacht is better, it sounds more classy. Cadillac owners have yachts (the real kind) Chevy owners have boats, kinda like that.
If they are talking about the ride though, you might need new shocks!

I dunno about ghetto-sled. Is it in decent shape? Might need to bust on that guy a bit.

I am amazed how easily I can park a 19' long car though. I do tend to park "by feel" up front. Pull forward untill I just lightly bump the curb or parking bumper, but that's so I don't hang out of the space much...

Yeah, just ignore it though. Different people like different vehicles. You wouldn't want everyone to be loving the cars because then they'd cost a fortune used as well. Plus, if everyone were riding around in Caddies we wouldn't feel so special anymore :)

caddycruiser
01-21-06, 12:13 PM
When we had just the 1 Roadmaster and 1 Fleetwood, my mom used to make a little fun of the Fleetwood, saying it looked like a funeral car, and the Buick, well, just because it was a Buick...

Never made the large size an issue, because she herself has said she'll never be able to own something much smaller than a Suburban anymore...

NOW, right after I bought my '95 Fleetwood last week, she actually said "I guess I need to trade my Suburban for an Escalade now--I'm the only one in this house without a Cadillac.":yup:

Joking of course, but boy how the winds have changed around here...:D

Bro-Ham
01-21-06, 12:34 PM
Hi,

If the car is pleasing to your eye then it is the right car for you! Sure, old Cadillacs are BIG yet that's likely why they are interesting to us. I am about to spend some quality time washing the yellow '79 deVille and once it is looking spic and span I'm going to take a ride in it and enjoy every second! It's amazing how many people admire these cars since they are not as common as they used to be. When negative comments are uttered the people saying them are probably wishing they were floating along with you since you have a unique car and you like it. Water off a duck's back - - just smile and know you wouldn't have it any other way.

Dave

eldorado99
01-21-06, 03:51 PM
When we had just the 1 Roadmaster and 1 Fleetwood, my mom used to make a little fun of the Fleetwood, saying it looked like a funeral car, and the Buick, well, just because it was a Buick...

Never made the large size an issue, because she herself has said she'll never be able to own something much smaller than a Suburban anymore...

NOW, right after I bought my '95 Fleetwood last week, she actually said "I guess I need to trade my Suburban for an Escalade now--I'm the only one in this house without a Cadillac.":yup:

Joking of course, but boy how the winds have changed around here...:D

Yeah, the winds do change... I swear Cadillac ownership is a bug. Before I bought mine my dad was totally against me buying one, he said it would be impractical and a waste of money. (Alright it is a little impractical but it wasn't a waste of money) This was about a year ago. 2 nights ago I heard him utter "I might have to get a Big ol' Cadillac for myself someday" And he has already asked if he can take my '70 SDV to the annual horse club gathering/camping trip in June :rolleyes:.

caddycruiser
01-21-06, 04:48 PM
Yeah, the winds do change... I swear Cadillac ownership is a bug. Before I bought mine my dad was totally against me buying one, he said it would be impractical and a waste of money. (Alright it is a little impractical but it wasn't a waste of money) This was about a year ago. 2 nights ago I heard him utter "I might have to get a Big ol' Cadillac for myself someday" And he has already asked if he can take my '70 SDV to the annual horse club gathering/camping trip in June :rolleyes:.

See! It really does happen! My mother, of course, wasn't being serious at all, but just the fact that she actually said that says SOMETHING.

Destroyer
01-21-06, 04:59 PM
I have climbed quite a bit on the economic ladder over the last 8 years or so. I live in a 6200 sq ft home where everyone in the neighborhood drives BMW's, Mercedes, Jags, even a new Lambo Diablo, NSX's........you get the picture. I myself own an S class Benz as well. It disturbs me at all the looks I get driving my '91 Fleetwood or just cleaning it, like I'm ghetto or something (magna flow exhaust does not help any:histeric: ). When I moved here I had an 87 Fleetwood and the 91, a neighbor stops buy as Im cleaning the 87 in order to get it looking good to sell. He's says "What up with you and these old Caddies?" I say what do you mean? He tells me that "they are huge boats" and that "he hopes I plan on keeping them in the garage". My response was that they will be in the garage when I feel like putting them in the garage and that I happen to like them and hope its not a problem for him but if it was to take it up with the association and not bother me. He just walked away. :bonkers:

fleetwood76
01-21-06, 05:11 PM
hello

I have a saleskatalogue from -76 and when i look in it it and see the photos of the cars i think that Cadillac themself were playing on the thoughts that the cars were consedering shipslike.
On the picture of the Fleetwood series 75 they are on a harbour and a big ship is in the background, so the person watching draw paralell between the big limo and the big ship.

On the picture of the sporty Eldorado conv. is two Eldos on the lot of a, sort of marina or boat sales with some sailboats on trailers, on the building in the background is there no problem to read Yachts.

So i think that the advertising department of Cadillac was well aware of peoples thought of big Caddys as boats or yachts and they did't mind it.

On the picture of the new Seville The international size luxuru car is there a old bi aeroplane in the background. I think the aeroplane is there to make you think International.

So...Don't worry when people say's your car is a boat. It kind of is.

The thumbs is the pictures i wrote about exept the Seville.

/jolle

JTraik
01-21-06, 05:24 PM
I think its just by chance those cars are pictured in front of boats and such. In that time period, there were few cars under 2k on the road so they didn't know any better.

I love my caddy but i also love my Caprice 9c1! I need big cars... to cut off rice-rocketeers, and barrel down the road with the safety feature of momentum at my back.

davesdeville
01-21-06, 10:39 PM
People = stupid.

JTraik
01-22-06, 01:16 PM
Oh i meant 4k btw! Under 2k and i think a racoon could total it.

fleetwood76
01-22-06, 06:18 PM
Hello
Even tho the cars were bigger in the 70:s in general, and the ads is over 30 years old, i dare to say that the never was anything by chance in ads.
Car companys advertising department have for a very long time known, or think they know what to act on to get us customers to buy theirs brand. They haven't always been right, but for a very long time there has not been anything by chance in a ad.

/ jolle

LaneWvr
01-23-06, 10:17 AM
I love my land yaht! Rolling in style! Just point out the thing your car has that thier mid 90's doesn't. Like heated mirrors, fuel milage meter, climate control, and the one that got me low washer fluid light! What other car in the 80's had stuff like that.

I had the oppisite reaction from my friends, they were all jealous. But in highschool we all drove G bodies and one had a Caprice coupe. The people talking smack are ricers aren't they?