: Utra Rare!!!

DaveBlk
01-20-06, 08:31 PM
GUYS>>> WE don,t realize how rare in Canada we are . Dealer told me today only 176 V,s sold in Canada for 05. Info says of those 12 have already been total accident losses . Others are pending . Up here if you drive a V in the winter you had better drive extra careful . IT,S grEEEEEEAAAAT having kids ask about the V and knowing they may never see another!!!!! ;) ;)

Jon
01-20-06, 09:10 PM
I brought mine back up from the States...

It's pretty good in winter with a set of Blizzaks

1MEANV
01-20-06, 09:29 PM
i have number 01

DaveBlk
01-20-06, 10:39 PM
I've got hancook W 300's and i can't believe the traction for how cheap they were!!!!

Rickerbucks
01-21-06, 01:30 AM
I'm in Vancouver and unfortunately just had a rear ender (my fault). The local GM shop said I was the third or fourth V they had seen. I guess we are going to get a reputation.

I have seen about three other black V's in Vancouver.

I believe they SAID they were only selling 200 '04's in Canada.

Poopie D
04-04-06, 04:57 PM
Should be getting an 05 V up in Kelowna anyday now. We need to have some kind of meet in BC this summer!!!

heavymetals
04-04-06, 05:17 PM
The original "V" (LS6) may be a collectors item one day :rolleyes:

Won't those guys that "lemon lawed" it be sorry (?).

thebigjimsho
04-04-06, 05:30 PM
We should have a V meet at Targa Newfoundland this September...

All those Vs hitting moose or something? Ummm, moose legs, yummy.:stirpot:

ctsvett
04-04-06, 05:31 PM
meanv,
Are you going to paint the 01 on the roof with a confereate flag and a nice oragne color?

hee hee...

them dukes them dukes...

Reed

1MEANV
04-04-06, 05:31 PM
i live in the great whit north and i just brought my v in to get the front plate holes filled in. i dont like front plates. i like the clean look LOL

1MEANV
04-04-06, 05:32 PM
to hell with the front plate law in Canada LOL

nikon
04-04-06, 05:35 PM
what about drl's are the hid's on all the time?? or just the amber?

thebigjimsho
04-04-06, 05:35 PM
My dealer had pity on me, ziptied the front plate to my grille and passed me. I rue the day I got rid of my one-plate Mass "greenie"!:crybaby:

DILLIGAF
04-04-06, 05:46 PM
12 totals out of 176, and others pending.Is there some confusion up there about what side of the road to drive on?

Poopie D
04-04-06, 05:50 PM
No front plate law in Quebec and Alberta and maybe a few more that I do not know about....

1MEANV
04-04-06, 06:17 PM
trick is as you are getting pulled over just keep it under the driver seat and throw it up on the dash as you are puliing to the side of the road. works every time

mdc
04-04-06, 07:35 PM
I'm getting my 06 at the end of the month ... I have only seen one V in the past 3 months (I live in Toronto), but I guess a lot of people drive something else in the winter

1MEANV
04-04-06, 08:54 PM
i live in oshawa and i have seen 2. one silver and one black

Rickerbucks
04-04-06, 09:02 PM
I have seen one silver one and about three black ones in Vancouver.

2004ctsv
04-04-06, 09:06 PM
12 totals out of 176, and others pending.Is there some confusion up there about what side of the road to drive on?

Playing "Canadian or Dead", eh?

T

mostoyzwinz
04-04-06, 09:16 PM
No Quebecers on the forum?
The meet should be in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan...cool name....even if there's nothing for hundreds of kilometers.

dollarz&dreamz
06-10-10, 06:26 AM
well if u see a black V fishtailing through intersections pretty much aNY whre in the lower mainland... that'd b me. LOL
Burnaby in the house. lets organize a crew and and start a club... Veez, Z06's, Modded out LS rides.

Houdini
06-10-10, 09:06 AM
Holy thread resurrection!

c4ss
06-10-10, 01:17 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/1/threadclosed.png

your maker
06-10-10, 02:01 PM
i just imported mine as i live right across the river from Detroit

CIWS
06-10-10, 02:05 PM
I love posting in 4 year old threads. That's about how long it would take me to walk to Canada.

shadybx7
06-10-10, 02:55 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://xspblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/bfo-rlmente.jpg&sa=X&ei=BCcRTKm3JITGlQeUlLnsBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFI2o92YFcjkueWiEWW4TcmmagkcA

tommy compton
06-10-10, 03:31 PM
Still only like 3 V's in winnipeg that I know of, mine included. I see a black V around from time to time, must live in the same area as me.
I used to see a silver on around but never got a close enough look to see if it was a real V. I've seen several CTS's with the V front, and even one with V badges and only a mesh grill.
I know A silver V was sold from here to a guy living in southern Ontario so that would have been 4.

repenttokyo
06-10-10, 04:29 PM
mine will be back in Montreal next year. I also see a lot of plain CTS models with the mesh grille.

Roidz24
06-10-10, 06:47 PM
holy thread resurrection!

^ +1

thebigjimsho
06-10-10, 07:34 PM
I thought this thread looked unfamiliar. Yet it had a checkmark on the envelope. Crazy Canucks...

Albertan
06-10-10, 11:55 PM
Those numbers are probably off. It seems that many of the V's around here were brought in from the US. In 2006 the posted Canadian price for a V was $73,000!! I bought mine in Ohio through this forum with 125 miles for US$39,995.00, which at the time worked out to CDN$46,500. No wonder many cars were imported. Now the Canadian and US prices are close and the dollar is with in 10% so it doesn't make sense to import a car. (Unless you are me and tow a 97 M3 from Houston to Calgary, no rust and $1800. but needs major work)

repenttokyo
06-11-10, 12:03 PM
Those numbers are probably off. It seems that many of the V's around here were brought in from the US. In 2006 the posted Canadian price for a V was $73,000!! I bought mine in Ohio through this forum with 125 miles for US$39,995.00, which at the time worked out to CDN$46,500. No wonder many cars were imported. Now the Canadian and US prices are close and the dollar is with in 10% so it doesn't make sense to import a car. (Unless you are me and tow a 97 M3 from Houston to Calgary, no rust and $1800. but needs major work)

well, it makes sense to import V1's because there is still often a 10k price difference.

tommy compton
06-11-10, 12:37 PM
Ya I probably saved about 8-10k when I imported mine last year, plus the added bonus of a car from Cali that never saw snow.

HeavyH20
06-11-10, 03:05 PM
I used to live in Winnipeg and visit a couple of times every year. While there, I usually do the Sunday night cruise which is amazingly big. So, if you see a silver V with a Minnesota tag floating around, it might be me. My dad has an silver STS-V and lives off Country Club blvd over by Grace Hospital. Might spot you around in July :-)

tommy compton
06-11-10, 03:55 PM
I used to live in Winnipeg and visit a couple of times every year. While there, I usually do the Sunday night cruise which is amazingly big. So, if you see a silver V with a Minnesota tag floating around, it might be me. My dad has an silver STS-V and lives off Country Club blvd over by Grace Hospital. Might spot you around in July :-)

Cool , I'll flag ya down if I see ya, if you see one with a power dome hood you know it's me. The police are clamping down on cruise night pulling people over for the inspection unit. So I'll probably be laying low on Sunday night cruise for a bit, but I'll still be hitting the Sunday car shows.

4DoorGTZ
06-11-10, 10:33 PM
Those numbers are probably off. It seems that many of the V's around here were brought in from the US.

Yep, mine is/was. The nice thing about an imported V is the cluster reads so nice with the single set of large numbers switched over to metric in the nav menu. I'm tired of chasing the tiny numbers in the inside of my speedo on my daily driver/winter beater wich is also a US import. Why dont more manufacturers have a similar setup?

HeavyH20
06-11-10, 11:46 PM
Cool , I'll flag ya down if I see ya, if you see one with a power dome hood you know it's me. The police are clamping down on cruise night pulling people over for the inspection unit. So I'll probably be laying low on Sunday night cruise for a bit, but I'll still be hitting the Sunday car shows.

Yep, they have been doing that for about 20 years as their way to crack down. If you still have cats, and a normal exhaust (not necessarily stock), you should be OK. That's the item they mostly pick on. Other than that, they will look for the obvious things like nitrous bottles, race tires or other abnormal items not associated with daily driving on the street. Some of the cars are garage queens with the license plate swapped from their DD for the day.

I can understand their concern, however. I had never seen so many cars up and down Portage Avenue, 10 miles of it, lined with parked cars and an audience. It was as if there was a parade!

tommy compton
06-12-10, 12:28 AM
Yep, they have been doing that for about 20 years as their way to crack down. If you still have cats, and a normal exhaust (not necessarily stock), you should be OK. That's the item they mostly pick on. Other than that, they will look for the obvious things like nitrous bottles, race tires or other abnormal items not associated with daily driving on the street. Some of the cars are garage queens with the license plate swapped from their DD for the day.

I can understand their concern, however. I had never seen so many cars up and down Portage Avenue, 10 miles of it, lined with parked cars and an audience. It was as if there was a parade!

No cats, I have some fakers I got to get welded on still. They are clamping down on everything from tints, improper lights, just about name it.
They had two inspection trailers out last Sunday, one of them had pulled over about 300 cars that night. Friend of mine got nailed for dark tints and custom headlights. I even saw a tow truck getting towed away for something .I have a few things done that won't pass, getting those fake cats on is a must.
I always wonder what out of towners think when they go down portage on a Sunday lol they must think it's some kind of parade. Backed up traffic in the middle of the evening on a Sunday, people on the side of the street sitting in lawn chairs.

thebigjimsho
06-12-10, 06:33 PM
Yep, mine is/was. The nice thing about an imported V is the cluster reads so nice with the single set of large numbers switched over to metric in the nav menu. I'm tired of chasing the tiny numbers in the inside of my speedo on my daily driver/winter beater wich is also a US import. Why dont more manufacturers have a similar setup?
Got to play with the cluster on my first trip in the '04 back in '04 when we went across the US, going through Niagara Falls and through Ontario to cross back into Michigan and take a ferry across Lake Michigan into Wisconsin.

It's a nice setup in the V. And kilopascals? You crazy Canucks...

tommy compton
06-12-10, 09:01 PM
I hate that you can't idividual select metric and imperial. I like it to be in km/hr and celcius, but kilopascals? for tire pressure and oil pressure drives me nuts> I have no idea the conversion for that.

repenttokyo
06-12-10, 09:50 PM
yeha kpa is totally ridiculous.

rand49er
06-12-10, 10:28 PM
176 minus a dozen or so totalled plus a dozen imports. I'd bet half are in Ontario and half of those within 50 km of Toronto. That'd be over 40. Wait ... no ... can't be that many or Jon would be runnin' into them all over the place.

Hm-m ... Who's got the most Vs? BC? Quebec? Newfoundland? :confused:

ichpen
06-13-10, 12:18 PM
We should have a V meet at Targa Newfoundland this September...

All those Vs hitting moose or something? Ummm, moose legs, yummy.:stirpot:

My colleague at work manages a racing team at Targa so I'll be there with the V in Sept. :)

I've only seen 4 in and around the GTA. Jon's included. Can't miss his. Still haven't seen a red one though.

Put it this way lots more Ferrari's and Lambo's in my area than Vs.

thebigjimsho
06-13-10, 03:42 PM
My colleague at work manages a racing team at Targa so I'll be there with the V in Sept. :)

I've only seen 4 in and around the GTA. Jon's included. Can't miss his. Still haven't seen a red one though.

Put it this way lots more Ferrari's and Lambo's in my area than Vs.
I've been wanting to see Targa Newfoundland since it first started. we had a V1 owner who actually ran the first one, I believe...