: Thanks Everyone

0002S
01-20-06, 12:48 PM
I appreciate all the insight on the CTV-S. While I was lured by the test drive, this forum helped me to understand that I don't want to deal with "the little" things that most of you are having problems with. (well some of you BIG PROBLEMS). I was REAL close to buying and if the dealer sales rep had been in the day I drove by...well....I'm sure my diff would be exploding as I type.

SO...in then end I went with an 06 CLK500. While not as fast or handles as well, it does have more than enough of these attributes to satisfy what I am look for. The ride and interior are very nice as well. My wife can drive this and I have had nothing but GREAT SUCCESS with my other Mercedes and their service departments. Oh yea and the dealer made me a hell-of-a deal.

Maybe Cadillac will improve on the platform and I will be back in 24 mo. for another look.

Again, thanks for all the insight. It helped my make the right decision.

I will stay on and support as most of you have great auto knowledge in general.

Seattle CTS-V
01-20-06, 01:12 PM
Congrats! The CLK is a beautiful car...especially in my rearview :) j/k

daytripper
01-20-06, 01:42 PM
I hope someone from GM reads these posts...
A few well placed improvements to the V are long overdue, and the old and new customers are moving on.

Brian R.

Kadonny
01-20-06, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear that, but congrats on the new ride. I hope Benz has got their act together as they have had major problems recently.

I have decided just the opposite. I am ordering my 06 V next week. I am too much of a muscle head guy to not get this car. It is just screaming my name, and i am listening!

I will however be leasing for probably 2 years and if it has major problems, I can get out and maybe into the new styled V by then ;)

Good luck.

markbinkc
01-20-06, 02:15 PM
Not to thread jack, but there are alot of us on here that don't complain about the problems because we don't have them. I'm not saying that there aren't problems with this car, as there obviously is, but all cars have problems. Congrats on your new car. (Sorry, just like to hear some of these people say something semi-positive about the car for a change). I had an IS 300 for a while. I loved that car, and had not ONE problem out of it. I've had little things happen with the V, but would I trade it for the Lexus? HELL NO. The V has soul. For those of you who don't understand that, I'm sorry, but I just have this little grin on my face everytime I hit the accelerator. Didn't have that with the Lexus. I can eat salad everyday, but something about that steak just makes life worth living! OK, back to the subject. Congrats on your car.

VDiddy
01-20-06, 03:27 PM
You missed out. The V is like a temperamental, but hot woman. She has quirks but at the end of the day, her visceral nature is what makes her so damned sexy. The SL 600 is great but think of how much your testosterone count is going to go down? Buy one anyway Damnit... you won't regret it.

lasstss
01-20-06, 04:01 PM
You can mod the V, you can work on the V, any chev mechanic understands the V. Its a known entity and affordable.

Not so with Benz, Audi, BMW.

Call Dinan, see what kind of cabbage they get to work on a car.

Good luck to all departers!:thumbsup:

0002S
01-20-06, 04:41 PM
Thanks,

I LOVED the "V", but I didn't feel comfortable with it as a daily driver based on what I read here and on other boards. I'm sure that there are is a MAJORITY who do not have problems, but I don't want to be in the minority.

The ride quality also played into it. A track tuned car is not the best for daily use on Michigan roads. Not the fault of Cadillac or the car (more like the State)

I am interested to see what Cadillac does in the next two years with the "V". I will drive it in 07 and 08 to see what they have done.

Interior is also consideration in my daily driver. The V's interior is a higher grade of venier and plastic, but still "GM" looking. Again, this is a preference issue and not a fault of the car.

What SELLS this car is the POWER, but I PERSONALY would trade off on that power for better blend of ride/fit and finish...but that's just me.

For the price YOU CAN'T BEAT THE "V"...but there is another side of it that I wasn't willing to risk.

-Shawn

AmesCTS-V
01-20-06, 04:42 PM
markbinkc said it. I second all that.

AmesCTS-V
01-20-06, 04:44 PM
I daily drive the V in Iowa so similar conditions to Michigan. Love it.

VDiddy
01-20-06, 05:02 PM
You people can be unimaginative and disloyal at times.

I drive my V about 500 miles per week and it has been reliable, fun and rewarding. I have had 10+ Cars and nothing I've ever owned has been so well rounded and admired by others. I have had 600hp mustangs, mercedes and Lexus and nothing I've ever driven has paid so many dividends in so many ways. V Brothers and Sisters unite! This car Rocks!

0002S
01-20-06, 05:04 PM
I daily drive the V in Iowa so similar conditions to Michigan. Love it.

Pot holes....lol.....not the weather.

AmesCTS-V
01-20-06, 05:10 PM
Pot holes....lol.....not the weather.
I knew what you meant and I raised you one. Similar weather and similar roads. Iowa does a pretty good job with I-35 and I-80. The highways can be pretty rough. Anywhere they salt, plow snow, and only maintain the roads half the year the roads get beat up.

M5eatr
01-20-06, 05:33 PM
Not to thread jack, but there are alot of us on here that don't complain about the problems because we don't have them. I'm not saying that there aren't problems with this car, as there obviously is, but all cars have problems. Congrats on your new car. (Sorry, just like to hear some of these people say something semi-positive about the car for a change). I had an IS 300 for a while. I loved that car, and had not ONE problem out of it. I've had little things happen with the V, but would I trade it for the Lexus? HELL NO. The V has soul. For those of you who don't understand that, I'm sorry, but I just have this little grin on my face everytime I hit the accelerator. Didn't have that with the Lexus. I can eat salad everyday, but something about that steak just makes life worth living! OK, back to the subject. Congrats on your car.
:werd: :yeah:

pimpcaddy
01-20-06, 05:39 PM
I have had my V for a week now and love it. I knew full well what the "potential" problems could be and still bought it. I have owned (2) Syclones and a Typhoon, so I am familiar with tempermental vehicles. There's nothing available that can touch the V.

Dave

P.S. the "only" downside is the desire to mod this vehicle. Ha, ha.

0002S
01-20-06, 07:46 PM
No, I don't think you understand...lol

They don't spend the other 1/2 of the year "trying to repair" the roads. There is NO $$ to repair the roads. Detroit is New Orleans with out the cockroaches...lol

I knew what you meant and I raised you one. Similar weather and similar roads. Iowa does a pretty good job with I-35 and I-80. The highways can be pretty rough. Anywhere they salt, plow snow, and only maintain the roads half the year the roads get beat up.

crowan
01-20-06, 08:49 PM

:yeah:

A perfect summary of the "V Experience"

BadCad
01-20-06, 09:00 PM
well, we can all keep slamming the V here on this board and drive people like 0002s away, plus diminish the value of the V.... or periodically mention the good things about it.
my v has problems, like many others here and like many other cars out there, but i don't abuse it and still like the car. i'd be hard pressed to drive anything else. ;)

AmesCTS-V
01-20-06, 09:03 PM
No, I don't think you understand...lol
They don't spend the other 1/2 of the year "trying to repair" the roads. There is NO $$ to repair the roads. Detroit is New Orleans with out the cockroaches...lol
When I was in Detroit with my GTO I didn't bend any rims or anything... Sounds like you should get a truck for your area.

hd750
01-20-06, 09:20 PM
I have over 40k miles and I have had my V in fo service 2 times for recalls at a cost of 0. I do all of my oil changes. I think the V is super. No comparison to my last car which was an S4 which I had in the shop 18 times and I did all of my own oil changes then also. Total servivce on the S4 whas in the thousands, very small by Benz standards. Good luck going slow!

Go Steelers!

Rickerbucks
01-20-06, 10:02 PM

What he said.

That notwithstanding, the MB is a fine car.

GAGS-V
01-21-06, 12:18 AM
Daily driver here in Southern California, 11,000 miles, no problems, LOVE THE V!

Joey'sVee
01-22-06, 09:18 PM
Good luck with the new ride! I think you made the best decision for you!

Luna.
01-22-06, 11:07 PM

:yeah:

SIDENOTE--PITTSBURGH RULES

0002S
01-22-06, 11:10 PM
Thanks, any news your issues yet?

Good luck with the new ride! I think you made the best decision for you!

ace996
01-22-06, 11:59 PM
OH yeah...the V has soul. The car pulled me in by parts of me that I never knew I had. I remember seeing someone's sig with a picture of their silver V's engine bay. The covers said Corvette...they were red...and from the angle of the camera that took the picture, the engine looked EXACTLY the way an engine should. The picture haunted me so that I'd not a solid night's sleep until She was in the driveway.

Only once before did I suffer like that, and it was from a motorcycle....it is red....and from every angle She looks EXACTLY the way a motorcycle should.
I once had to wait 3 months for a transmission from Italy to make her right again, and I accepted that...for there are certain loves that prevail when times get tough. Its been a 5 year relationship with the bike, I don't want that to end.

Its been 8 months with the V. They have all been tough. 36 days in the dealer service department. Most of those for the same issues. The driveline. Constant recurring issues that could easily be addressed, could have been addressed by the company.

I am so jealous, and glad to hear that V owners love their cars as they do. I remember that, it was great. I still try to accept the faults...

0002s, good luck with the car. Perhaps in a couple of years the next V-version will be the right choice....I really hope it is.
-ace

0002S
02-02-06, 02:59 PM
Ok, so I have the CLK500 and it's going in for it's 1000 mile fluid change.

-since I've had it there has been a hesitation (hesy) when it shifts from 1st - 2nd and a Bump when it downshifts from 2nd - 1st. This hesy and bump happen slow...shifting...WOT...and it's almost scary as you get a pretty hard jerk. Since I test drove the car in the snow and in "C" mode (skips 1st) I didn't notice it.

SO I take it in and they give me a loaner C280 4-Matic (btw if I shut my eyes when I drive this I woud swear I was in a Camery)

Now the dealer calls me back and says that the transmission in my car has updates and they want change the parts. I will get my car back Friday because they are having the parts overnighted.

I am ok with this...BUT

I get a call back from the dealer at 4:30 and they tell me that one of the parts is not in production and the MB has decided to replace my WHOLE TRANSMISSION!!!!!

OK, I am surprised because it's only a small snap ring that is defaulty.

I start to think...HERE IT GOES 1 month down the drain to wait for the trans to get here from Germany and another 2-3 days to replace.

BUT AGAIN...I'm wrong. He tells me that they are getting the transmission to the dealer by Friday and I will turn the car in Monday at 7:30 am and have it back by 5:30 that day. Oh yeah, I get another loaner...lol

I am completely AMAZED at this level of service.

Now "some" might say that a car with 1500 miles should not have this problem, but I say "ALL CARS HAVE PROBLEMS...HELL IT"S A CAR". It's not the problem, but how the Manufacture and Dealer treat the issue and the customer.

My hat is off to Mercedes Benz and my dealer for the level of service I have received. Glad I made the choice.

Kadonny
02-02-06, 03:06 PM
Well good for you then.

Not all Caddy dealers are bad as you seem to imply.

Look, we are all glad you feel you made the right decision with the Benz, and all the luck to you, but it seems like you are coming to this forum to gloat. Uncool in my book.

JMO.

AmesCTS-V
02-02-06, 03:09 PM
True all cars have problems and the higher performance and more cutting edge the more problems, which is why I don't get all the V bitching.

I had the weak tranny spring problem on my V. They were supposed to drop the tranny, check the serial, and order parts if the serial is in the TSB's range. I didn't want my V out of commission that long so I got them to order a new tranny based on me saying the symptoms fit the TSB exactly.

When I did bring it in for the fix I told them they had it for one day and that was it. The 2 mechanics stayed until 10PM to get it done even though the dealership closed at 6PM.

Around here I've heard nothing but complaints about the Mercedes/BMW dealership.

I've found it's really all about the dealership. Some are good and some are bad.

VELOSE
02-02-06, 03:17 PM
Markbinc......I'm with you too. Check out my sig.

Thanks for the inspiration this thread gave me. I haven't been happy with my V lately. I've been shopping for a new car but not being serious about it. I need to stick with you guys. The more I go out into the open, the more that shiny apple gets.

0002S
02-02-06, 03:33 PM
WOW, Last I read, I didn't mention "caddy dealer" in my post or did I imply anything.

This forum won't grow (as far as CTS-V section) if you BITCH about your problems...JUSTIFY them with "well at least I got the whole fast thing going for me" and CHASE away people who are trying to add to the content.

I express a "good thing" that happens to me and you make it about the "caddy". This isn't the CAR WORLD staring "CTS-V".

Well good for you then.

Not all Caddy dealers are bad as you seem to imply.

Look, we are all glad you feel you made the right decision with the Benz, and all the luck to you, but it seems like you are coming to this forum to gloat. Uncool in my book.

JMO.

0002S
02-02-06, 03:36 PM
Around here I've heard nothing but complaints about the Mercedes/BMW dealership.

I've found it's really all about the dealership. Some are good and some are bad.

Yes, I would agree. I have had bad dealer experiances before. It's not unique to brand or price of car. What surprised me was that I obviously expected it to get fixed but nowhere near this level and speed.

BadCad
02-02-06, 03:43 PM
So where is this thread going? Time to close out? :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

0002S
02-02-06, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I would agree.

Kadonny
02-02-06, 04:22 PM
WOW, Last I read, I didn't mention "caddy dealer" in my post or did I imply anything.

This forum won't grow (as far as CTS-V section) if you BITCH about your problems...JUSTIFY them with "well at least I got the whole fast thing going for me" and CHASE away people who are trying to add to the content.

I express a "good thing" that happens to me and you make it about the "caddy". This isn't the CAR WORLD staring "CTS-V".

You are right, you did not mention "caddy dealer" in your most recent post, but if you go back to the origin of this thread, you state you dont want to deal with the CTS-V "problems, big problems".

Then you have a "big problem" with your new Benz and come here to tell us all about it and how well you were treated by the Benz dealer. What do you expect us to think? Put 2 and 2 together, this is the CTS-V/Cadillac forums not the MB forums. Why come back specifically to give us your experience here? Why not post this on one of the 100's of MB forums?

This is not a CTS-V vs the world thing as you are making it out to be, to me its a classic case of trolling a Cadillac board with totally off topic MB info.

But thats just my .02. I'll just keep quiet from now on and let Urbanski handle it.

0002S
02-02-06, 05:14 PM
I did post it on the MB forum as well as countless others (ok really about 4) I support.

WHY???

Because I was impressed with it. Would I have posted a bad experiance? YES. WHY??? Because it would have been ironic that the reason I didn't get the CTS-V was the VERY THING (note: why I posted the thank you in the 1st place...again THANKS) that happend to me with the MB.

You don't have to own the car to like it. I visit..post...and laugh because I like the CTS-V. Want to know more. Change cars every 24 months. Might get one in the future...who knows.

If I was trolling I wouldn't continue post.

People come here for knowledge and to share their experiances.

I will continue to post, continue to learn and continue to share my experiance. If that's trolling, then asked me to be banned.

Sorry you have issue with my misfortune and good experiance.

Good luck with your 06 when it gets built.

ctsvett
02-02-06, 08:08 PM
OK.. enough said everyone...

Reed

heavymetals
02-02-06, 08:36 PM
I did post it on the MB forum as well as countless others (ok really about 4) I support

I didn't see that you were a supporting member here.:stirpot:

Hey mod, I think you can lock this thread!