: I'm Ready To Trade...CTS-V For Sale

LS6-CTS-V
01-20-06, 11:04 AM
I got a 2004 CTS-V with 10615 Miles on it, And I'm just tired of the little Things, all of us with these cars.:annoyed:
Don't know what I am looking for,:hmm: but I will make sure it don't have a Dal Mass fFywheel.:banghead:

Katshot
01-20-06, 12:08 PM
Check out a 300C SRT-8. Awesome car and they are starting to actually cut deals on them.

Joey'sVee
01-20-06, 12:24 PM
Yeah look at the 300 SRT8 or the Magnum SRT8. I think I like the magnum better. Sounds like those guys are getting high 12s BONE STOCK!

DrivingAmericanNow
01-20-06, 12:32 PM
Prius !!! All the way baby! Prius !!! :alchi:

blown65
01-20-06, 12:35 PM
god, if your looking to stay away from little problems, I'd prob steer clear of Chrysler Vehicles. Every damn Dodge, Chrysler Ive owned has had way more issues than my V.

DarkKnight
01-20-06, 12:58 PM
god, if your looking to stay away from little problems, I'd prob steer clear of Chrysler Vehicles. Every damn Dodge, Chrysler Ive owned has had way more issues than my V.

Not true of the recent years, just good performance with decent quality at a great price. I will should be getting my Jeep SRT-8 soon!

pietroraimondi
01-20-06, 12:59 PM
If it had to be a "now purchase" decision; I would favor the Charger SRT8. Pricing is about the same as teh CTSV and there are readily available aftermarket mods without the drivetrain reliability issues of the V. 20" wheels with no scrub radius or suspension geometry issues as well.

If only GM would have taken the time to "get it right"; my god would they have a winner as the stealth look of the CTSV is without comparison; but the reliability issues take there toll on all of us after awhile.

If a "two-seater" is in the mix; there's always the new Vette C6; but I'm betting that the new 2 door Dodge Challenger is going to rewrite the post-muscle car books with regard to 2 door vehicles.

Story goes that the Charger was supposed to be a traditional 2 door; but Chrysler exec's thought the 2 door market was dead. Ford has sold better than 200,000 of there new Mustangs and hence the new Dodge Challenger will in fact hit the showroom as a retro styled 2 door. But your at least 18 months away at minimum before its release.

wildwhl
01-20-06, 01:14 PM
Minivans don't have DM flyewheels :histeric:

cguthrie
01-20-06, 01:35 PM
Right out of college I bought the cheapest Chrysler minivan, 4 cyl, 5 spd manual, only option AC and drove it for over 250K with zero problems. Could not kill it.
No headrests, drivers seat only moved forward and backward, and the passenger seat was like a fixed barstool.
It was a cheap piece of crap, but it was unbelievably reliable.
It would burn rubber w/no wheel hop, slight torque steer. Drove it about 90MPH everywhere, which was about it's top speed. Only got one ticket. Cops probably couldn't believe it would go that fast and/or were embarrased for me.
I may be crazy based on some of the posts, or making a great decision by others, but I think that a used V may be in my future later this year, but will definitely be purchasing an extended warranty.
CG
99STS 122K

kjr39
01-20-06, 02:24 PM
I own a 2000 Jeep and a 2000 300M as well as the V.

The Jeep, I may be buried in as I love that thing. It's a Cherokee and I don't think that you can kill that thing. 4.5" lift and will get lockers at some point.

The 300M has 122k on it. 90% highway miles. I hate this car. Engine/tranny has held up, but nothing else has. The interior is falling apart and it looks like shite and I've had to replace or ignore a bunch of little junk (window motors keep dying!) I won't be buying another Chysler for quite awhile.

Katshot
01-20-06, 03:20 PM
If it had to be a "now purchase" decision; I would favor the Charger SRT8. Pricing is about the same as teh CTSV and there are readily available aftermarket mods without the drivetrain reliability issues of the V. 20" wheels with no scrub radius or suspension geometry issues as well.
If only GM would have taken the time to "get it right"; my god would they have a winner as the stealth look of the CTSV is without comparison; but the reliability issues take there toll on all of us after awhile.
If a "two-seater" is in the mix; there's always the new Vette C6; but I'm betting that the new 2 door Dodge Challenger is going to rewrite the post-muscle car books with regard to 2 door vehicles.
Story goes that the Charger was supposed to be a traditional 2 door; but Chrysler exec's thought the 2 door market was dead. Ford has sold better than 200,000 of there new Mustangs and hence the new Dodge Challenger will in fact hit the showroom as a retro styled 2 door. But your at least 18 months away at minimum before its release.

SRT-8 Charger pricing is "about the same" as a CTS-V?! Huh?:hmm:

GNSCOTT
01-20-06, 03:25 PM
Wait 6 months for this.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/Rambit/07DodgeChargerSRT8SuperBeer.jpg

Adding More "Show" to the "Go": Dodge Re-introduces Performance Nameplate and Classic Exterior Color on 2006 and 2007 Dodge Charger Models.

Dodge revives Super Bee nameplate with limited-edition 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8. New "TorRed" paint scheme to appear on limited-production 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T, joining Go ManGo! and Top Banana editions

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jan 17, 2006 -
A pair of names familiar to many automotive enthusiasts are again part of the Dodge performance lineup with the return of the Super Bee nameplate for the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 and the "TorRed" exterior color for the 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T.

"The Dodge Charger embodies modern American muscle, and at the same time, carries on a great performance heritage," said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Brand Marketing, Chrysler Group. "It was only natural to give a nod to that heritage with the re-introduction of a famous Dodge performance nameplate and a high-impact heritage paint name."

Bee All It Can Be
The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is the first special edition of the "Charger on steroids" from Chrysler Group's Street and Racing Technology (SRT). It features "Detonator Yellow" exterior color with black hood and deck-lid face, Super Bee logos on front and rear fenders, and contrasting yellow stitching on the seats, steering wheel and shift knob.

Powered by the SRT-engineered 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 producing 425 hp (317 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. (569 N•m) of torque, the Dodge Charger SRT8's powertrain represents a new level in HEMI performance, with 85 additional horsepower — 25 percent more than the 5.7-liter HEMI.

Other SRT enhancements include functional, performance-oriented styling, world-class ride and handling, race-inspired interior appointments and benchmark braking. All together, the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is capable of 0-60 mph in the low 5 seconds, 0-100-0 in under 17 seconds and 60-0 mph braking in approximately 110 feet.

The legendary Super Bee nameplate made its debut in 1968 within the Dodge Coronet line. As the newest member of Dodge's "Scat Pack" performance group, the '68 Super Bee originally carried an MSRP of just over $3,000. It was offered as a Dodge Charger only in its last model year, 1971. Restored examples fetch between $80,000 – $100,000 today.

The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is the latest edition of the ultimate American muscle sedan, and will be available in dealerships this fall. Pricing has not yet been announced.

dannystang
01-20-06, 03:33 PM
Oh god I just ate lunch

AmesCTS-V
01-20-06, 04:48 PM
Way too many 300's out on the road for me. I don't want to be one of a million even if I'm one of the few with a bigger Hemi. There were so many Chargers and 300's last time I was in Vegas a week of that and I couldn't handle seeing them anymore.

AmesCTS-V
01-20-06, 04:48 PM
If you are waiting I'd wait for a Camaro.

lasstss
01-20-06, 05:55 PM
Oh god I just ate lunch

Tacky squared, could probably sell a lot of those in Puerto Rico. better yet, Mexico.

GT04CTS-V
01-20-06, 07:56 PM
The SRT-8 is a piece of crap. The V spanks it and does it with class. Check out the tires on it, people will be complaining about those as well. :banghead:

GT

Pete Benson
01-20-06, 08:09 PM
Way too many 300's out on the road for me. I don't want to be one of a million even if I'm one of the few with a bigger Hemi. There were so many Chargers and 300's last time I was in Vegas a week of that and I couldn't handle seeing them anymore.
Amen to that. There seems to be billions of them around. I live in northern California, and it's almost as if EVERYONE out here owns at least eight or ten.

GNSCOTT
01-20-06, 08:17 PM
The SRT-8 is a piece of crap. The V spanks it and does it with class. Check out the tires on it, people will be complaining about those as well. :banghead:

GT

I would love to hear how you came to the conclusion that the V is not only faster (it is around a road course, but not 0-60 and not 1/4) and how it is more luxurious. :hmm: Also, I see just as many CTS's on the road as I do 300's, its just that the 300 stands out more. THe CTS blends in more. There are more CTS's on the road than 300's.

This will be part 1 of 2 in a comparison between the Cadillac CTS-V and the Chrysler 300C SRT-8. In this first part I will try to convey the differences in the cars as they sit in your driveway. Part 2 will consist of driving and performance differences> Remember alot of this is my opinion and i have been known to make a mistake or 2 in my time. I would also like to say that my name is not Mark Twain so I am not the most grammatically correct person in the world, but I will do my best.

I would like to start out with options. When comparing 2 cars I like to know each car has that the other does not have and vice-versa. These are in no particular order.

300 SRT-8 ______________________________________CTS-V

Rear back up warning system _____________________ G-meter
telescoping steering wheeel and pedals___________________ run flat tires
auto transmission only_______________________ manual transmission only
rain sensing wipers ________________________ nav plays DVD's
Sirius satellite radio __________________________ XM satellite radio
Bluetooth technology
Navigation also on main instrument cluster
smart air bags and seat belt warning
voice command
MP3 compatible

When I picked up my SRT-8 at the dealership I knoticed things right away starting with the door handle. I liked the look, and the way it opened better than the V. It will be harder for my wifes engagement to scratch the paint. The second thing I noticed were the seats. The side bolster is much better than the V's and I liked how the seats seem to be softer and more comfortable. The seats look to be the same material and cnstruction. I do like the V's adjustable headrest better.

Sitting in the car was deffinately a pleasant suprise for me. There is alot more headroom than the V and alot more shoulder room. It is deffinately a bigger car in that aspect. Some will like this in a sports car and some will not. Going from F-bodies to a Vette to a V was pretty much the same feel, the SRT-8 deffinately felt bigger. The leg room foreward seems to be the same, and maybe even a little less front leg room in the SRT-8 for the passenger. The chopped top look of the SRT-8 is really an illusion. The high door sills give it that illusion. It was uncomfortable to try to hang your arm out of the V, it is almost impossible to do it in the SRT-8, and if you do you better make sure you use enogh deoderant, because you will be airing out the pits. This all brings me to a great new feature I have been introduced to for the first time. Power adjustable pedals and steering wheel. I had the wheel on the Vette, and always wondered why that and the heads up display never made it to the V. Now I can finally have my awkward seating position back with my head in the damn back seat.

The interior trim seems to be the same. I never had a problem with the V's materials inside, but every magazine tester seemed to. The SRT-8's dash material is a little softer. The V's you really have to push down on hard to tell it is not hard plastic. I do not know why that just because these are 2 sports cars that they cannot have the option of the wood grain. I think it looks classier. I do not need to have the interior scream sports car as well. The interior in the SRT-8 I think is better laid out. The steering wheel fells more comfortable and all of the guages are easy to read. Both have inferior Nav units and should have been touch screen. i have a portable magellan that takes 30 seconds to program and is touch screen, but the SRT-8 has something the V does not in this department. The nav is also displayed between the guages on the Drivers info center. i found myself looking at this more than looking at the actual Nav unit.

One thing I did not like as much in the SRT-8 was the visibility. With the high door sills it is harder to see what is on the side of you, and the V's rectangular shaped mirrors seemed to hit more of the blind spot.

The V is missing alot more than the SRT-8 in the option dept. As you can see what I wrote above things like rain sensing wipers, bluetooth technology (use your cell phone over the cars speakers), and the rear back up warning sensors (so you do not drive over your kids bike, or your kid) are really nice features, but the huge downfall is the no run flat tires on the SRT-8, even though it does have tire pressure monitoring is a big miss.

The kicker radio is a louder and seems to be clearer system than the V's bose and deffinately has more base (especially if you fold the rear seat down).

There seems to be no extra leg space in the back. Maybe a little more in the SRT-8, but I think the seats may be deeper. I never spent any time in the V's back, but going by car seat placement they seem to be the same.

The center console is so much better in the SRT-8. i love the hidden cup holders and the console itself can hold much more than the V's.

The outside of the car is more subjective, but no one can deny the looks of the 20" wagon wheels. They totally make the car look bad ass. The panels all look as tight, the paint looked as good as the V's (except I LOVE the silver steel color on the SRT-8, the V's was IMHO too blue). The trunks are almost identical IMHO. I can barely fit 2 chairs seat to seat in both ( I sell used Hitchcock furniture as a side job). I think the SRT-8 should have come with a sportier mesh grille like the V did. I think I am going to buy the Mopar one and install it.

The SRT-8 is deffinately a bigger car and sitting in one it feels that way. It also looks and feels classier, the same way a base 300 looks classier than a base CTS. It has more of that old caddy feeling (in a good way) than a new caddy seems to. I always felt more sporty driving the V than luxury, and it is the opposite in the 300, and i like it. I will let you all know soon if it has the sporty feeling the V does driving it.

I hope I have not offended any owners. Remember, alot of this is just my opinion.

Thanks, Scott

I hope I did not miss too much. Just ask my opionion if I did.

DaveBlk
01-20-06, 08:18 PM
Never by the dodge for one reason ... THERES 4000000000 OF THEM ON THE ROAD AND 98 YEAR OLD GUYS DRIVE THEM AND THINK THERE COOL!!!!:histeric: :histeric:

GT04CTS-V
01-20-06, 08:34 PM
I would love to hear how you came to the conclusion that the V is not only faster (it is around a road course, but not 0-60 and not 1/4) and how it is more luxurious. :hmm: .

Never said anything about the V being faster. However, mine is - thanks to Maggie. Also, never said that it's more luxurious. :banghead:
However you compare it, it's still a Dodge.

GT

blown65
01-20-06, 10:32 PM
Not true of the recent years, just good performance with decent quality at a great price. I will should be getting my Jeep SRT-8 soon!

How recent is recent? The trucks with Diesels blow thru the trannies. The Jeep CRD is a pos, friend has one and is constantly in the service department, numerous other owners have the same probs with it. Our old 99 300M was fairly good except for the tranny going out at 45k miles. 3 Jeep Grand Cherokies constantly in the shop, yrs 95 and up. 2 Dodge Dakotas same, warped rotors every 15k miles and never towed a thing. 1 Dodge Durango, same warped rotors every 15k miles or so. No towing. I hate Chrysler Cars/Trucks. Never again.

edit: Ill tank my chances with the CTS-V, so far after 14k miles Ive only had issues with the Radio buttons and the hard to get in first and R. Rear is quiet, still in one piece.

DarkKnight
01-21-06, 04:04 AM
How recent is recent? The trucks with Diesels blow thru the trannies. The Jeep CRD is a pos, friend has one and is constantly in the service department, numerous other owners have the same probs with it. Our old 99 300M was fairly good except for the tranny going out at 45k miles. 3 Jeep Grand Cherokies constantly in the shop, yrs 95 and up. 2 Dodge Dakotas same, warped rotors every 15k miles and never towed a thing. 1 Dodge Durango, same warped rotors every 15k miles or so. No towing. I hate Chrysler Cars/Trucks. Never again.

edit: Ill tank my chances with the CTS-V, so far after 14k miles Ive only had issues with the Radio buttons and the hard to get in first and R. Rear is quiet, still in one piece.

If we are talking SRTs then the brakes are a wash as they have 4 piston Brembos just like our Vs as well as our run-crap tires.
As for the transmissions, you are talking pre-Mercedes design transmissions, the LX transmissions have been doing very well in the LXs as well as they did in the E-class Mercedes.

I own a V now but have had several Dodges in the past fifteen years including Rams (pre-HEMI), Dakotas and an Intrepid. Between all those vehicles I made two visits to the dealer (one headlight housing and a relay), pretty good reliability if you ask me.

I bought my V because I like the spirit in which the vehicle was built and love the look (especially with the upgrade polished rims, LPE, Stealth tune, Corsa and spoiler), not to mention the performance. But on this one GM I have owned in 4000 miles I have had a new radiator installed, the bushing kit and currently have the clunk and a newly developed sputtering that I have to visit the dealer for. Based on these problems with my V I am not ready to proclaim Cadillac reliability as sub-par. Having less problems with Dodges than I have had with my V how can I say that Dodge quality is worse than GMs, based on my personal experience of course.

You mention problems friends have had with jeeps and Dodges and you will take those unfortunate experiences as evidence of low quality but will take your chances with your V regardless of all the issues they have as evidenced by the multiple posts on this very forum. How is this consistent? It shows you like your V and are willing to ignore potential problems it may develop and that’s fine, we are in the same situation, as I like mine also. What do they say? “Love is blind.”
What it comes down to is that those who fall for the SRTs (as we fell for our Vs) will be willing to overlook potential problems with the breed just as we do, that’s all.
Go to any brand specific forum and there are horror stories of competing brands on every one of them, I will base my decisions on my own experience.

I keep my brand loyal blinders off and buy what I like, as a non-prejudice buyer it gives me numerous options, after all no one nameplate has ever been loyal to me. Because of this there will be an SRT sitting next to my V and I think they will make wonderful roommates.

Good times, take care.

AmesCTS-V
01-21-06, 04:14 AM
Wow you'd think the V was designed for easy maintance free miles and a soft comfy ride. We are comparing V problems to trucks now? It's a performance car. It's designed for performance. It should be a tempermental bitch. The closer to the edge you get the more likely you are to bleed.

I don't think a bunch of V's have big problems; I'd say a few do, as in a very few. If you ask me a bunch of V's have owner problems and they should hope to get rid of the owner.

Katshot
01-21-06, 08:28 AM

GT

What are you smoking? The SRT-8 300 and Charger both do high 12's in the 1/4. Haven't seen any stock V's doing that.

Katshot
01-21-06, 08:42 AM
If we are talking SRTs then the brakes are a wash as they have 4 piston Brembos just like our Vs as well as our run-crap tires.
As for the transmissions, you are talking pre-Mercedes design transmissions, the LX transmissions have been doing very well in the LXs as well as they did in the E-class Mercedes.

I own a V now but have had several Dodges in the past fifteen years including Rams (pre-HEMI), Dakotas and an Intrepid. Between all those vehicles I made two visits to the dealer (one headlight housing and a relay), pretty good reliability if you ask me.

I bought my V because I like the spirit in which the vehicle was built and love the look (especially with the upgrade polished rims, LPE, Stealth tune, Corsa and spoiler), not to mention the performance. But on this one GM I have owned in 4000 miles I have had a new radiator installed, the bushing kit and currently have the clunk and a newly developed sputtering that I have to visit the dealer for. Based on these problems with my V I am not ready to proclaim Cadillac reliability as sub-par. Having less problems with Dodges than I have had with my V how can I say that Dodge quality is worse than GMs, based on my personal experience of course.

You mention problems friends have had with jeeps and Dodges and you will take those unfortunate experiences as evidence of low quality but will take your chances with your V regardless of all the issues they have as evidenced by the multiple posts on this very forum. How is this consistent? It shows you like your V and are willing to ignore potential problems it may develop and that’s fine, we are in the same situation, as I like mine also. What do they say? “Love is blind.”
What it comes down to is that those who fall for the SRTs (as we fell for our Vs) will be willing to overlook potential problems with the breed just as we do, that’s all.
Go to any brand specific forum and there are horror stories of competing brands on every one of them, I will base my decisions on my own experience.

I keep my brand loyal blinders off and buy what I like, as a non-prejudice buyer it gives me numerous options, after all no one nameplate has ever been loyal to me. Because of this there will be an SRT sitting next to my V and I think they will make wonderful roommates.

Good times, take care.

Nice post. Well said! :thumbsup:

GT04CTS-V
01-21-06, 01:12 PM
What are you smoking? The SRT-8 300 and Charger both do high 12's in the 1/4. Haven't seen any stock V's doing that.

I'm breathing clean air. What are you smoking. Read my friggen post, I never said anything about the V being faster, did I. I never mentioned speed, acceleration, HP, 1/4 times, luxury?

My original statement stands. The V spanks the SRT8 and does it with class. Dodge = junk. I've had em, junk.

GT

Katshot
01-21-06, 07:48 PM
I'm breathing clean air. What are you smoking. Read my friggen post, I never said anything about the V being faster, did I. I never mentioned speed, acceleration, HP, 1/4 times, luxury?

My original statement stands. The V spanks the SRT8 and does it with class. Dodge = junk. I've had em, junk.

GT

The statement "The SRT-8 is a piece of crap. The V spanks it and does it with class" would quite easily be construed as you feeling the CTS-V is faster. Notice I'm not the only one that took it that way. Try to remember that in a forum like this, your written words are taken literally.

GT04CTS-V
01-21-06, 08:30 PM
The statement "The SRT-8 is a piece of crap. The V spanks it and does it with class" would quite easily be construed as you feeling the CTS-V is faster. Notice I'm not the only one that took it that way. Try to remember that in a forum like this, your written words are taken literally.

Nope never said it was faster, however, mine is. The purpose of this forum is to be able to state your opinion. Anything written is open to interpretation. Remember, in a forum like this, opinions are just that, - opinions. And we do know the old saying . . . .

GT