: '06 Rear end issues

cts-v ls6
01-20-06, 10:01 AM
Anyone else installed the '06 rear end ( I have an '04 V) and have the traction and ABS go down with the warning light on the dash? I took it back to my tech, and he crawled all under the car for 5 minutes and said everything was hooked up correctly. I can't believe the sensors are bad. Is there a compatibility issue of some kind? Does something need to be reprogrammed to work correctly? Help!

Thanks,

Jack

lasstss
01-20-06, 10:13 AM
Anyone else installed the '06 rear end ( I have an '04 V) and have the traction and ABS go down with the warning light on the dash? I took it back to my tech, and he crawled all under the car for 5 minutes and said everything was hooked up correctly. I can't believe the sensors are bad. Is there a compatibility issue of some kind? Does something need to be reprogrammed to work correctly? Help!

Thanks,

Jack

THe V differential has no electrical connections whatsoever. Any of that stuff is on the bearing housings and/or rotors. I dont think Cadillac changed gear ratios.

Lindsay Cadillac
01-20-06, 10:13 AM
Sounds like an unrealted issue, or something got disconnected or knocked loose when the car was being worked on. It isn't necessary to do anything to either one of those systems when replacing the differential. Need a code or something to go any further...

cts-v ls6
01-20-06, 10:18 AM
Thanks. The rear end had a tag on it that read "3.73:1" so the ratio is the same. Maybe a sensor did go down or something else is still not hooked up right. I'll put it back in the shop.

Thanks, guys.
Jack

verbs
01-20-06, 01:15 PM
My stabilitrak was on the fritz after getting the 06 rear, and I got the ABS inop light, TC not engaged light too. Could have had to do with the fact that I had just rotated the tires, but dunno. Dealership fixed it, no probs.

VDiddy
01-20-06, 02:35 PM
The bitch needs some Love! Take her out and drive her like She's the last thing on earth! If the problem doesn't disappear, reset the computer (by disconnecting the negative battery terminal) and move on!

CVP33
01-20-06, 08:32 PM
I had the "service stability system" message come up twice after installing the '06 diff. Came up in the first 75 miles and I haven't seen it since. BTW - NAV system #3 going in next week. I must be abusively navigating. The time the screen surround is peeling, not the buttons.

cts-v ls6
01-21-06, 12:42 PM
You know, I rotated the tires right after I installed the '06 rear. And I got a low pressure signal a couple of weeks after the rotation for the left rear tire. When I checked with a pressure gage, it was the left FRONT tire that was low. We went through the tire sensor procedure on the faq during the rotation. Could the computer have the tires mixed up? Could that affect the abs and traction control?

Jack