: Sick of a few Things!

TXSilverV
01-20-06, 10:38 AM
Let me start with I love my car! However I have a few things that I'm sick of and hope you guys can help.
1. My B&M Shifter just sucks!- it makes so much noise that it's about to drive me nuts. I have put like five sheets of dynomat around it. What do I do to make it go away. Do I just go back to stock? or get rid of the B&M and buy the the other brand(forgot the name).
2. My SW long tube headers tick so loud that when I first had them installed I pulled over at least three times to make sure I had oil in my car. It make the tick noise at the collectors. I have no cats, and magnaflow exhaust. First off I want to buy some cats from someone because the car just stinks. I sit in traffic a bunch. SW sent me a new set of headers and I still have same tick. I have no leaks! Been to three places and all three say they have never heard headers tick that loud. I had heads and a cam done as well so could this be part of the cause? What do I do?
3. Rear end- As alot of you know I'm on my third one. Do not have the 06 though. Dealer tells me the noise is normal and so is leaking. I told the service advisor I would like to choke him and ask if it's normal. I was asked to leave! If I do get the 06 will it be any better? The one I have now has leaked for last 10K but it just does not break no matter how hard I try.
4. Radio volume button is flaked. Dealer said normal see #3 above. Have you guys been able to get fixed under waranty?
5. Rear door handle rattles- Dealer said it's normal because of my aftermarket exhaust. See #3 above. Ok it's the door handle with the fake chrome on it. How do I make it stop!
By the way did I say I love my car!
Also my wifes S-Type Jag caught on fire yesterday! At least this has not happened to the V.

Florian
01-20-06, 10:50 AM
1. Get a UUC...no noise.
2. Random Tech Cats...no issues on fitment
3. 06 is slightly beefier...have them install it and beat it senseless, then buy MM or Aussie rear and be done with it.
4. Not normal, you need new radio, should be under warranty as well. Many here have had the same issue, radio replaced no question.
5. Door handles and exhaust??? Shite, you need a new dealer. Its like saying you have flaking radio buttons cause you use unleaded gas....nonsensical.

Get a new dealer ASAP.

F

Kadonny
01-20-06, 10:53 AM
Let me start with I love my car! However I have a few things that I'm sick of and hope you guys can help.
1. My B&M Shifter just sucks!- it makes so much noise that it's about to drive me nuts. I have put like five sheets of dynomat around it. What do I do to make it go away. Do I just go back to stock? or get rid of the B&M and buy the the other brand(forgot the name).
2. My SW long tube headers tick so loud that when I first had them installed I pulled over at least three times to make sure I had oil in my car. It make the tick noise at the collectors. I have no cats, and magnaflow exhaust. First off I want to buy some cats from someone because the car just stinks. I sit in traffic a bunch. SW sent me a new set of headers and I still have same tick. I have no leaks! Been to three places and all three say they have never heard headers tick that loud. I had heads and a cam done as well so could this be part of the cause? What do I do?
3. Rear end- As alot of you know I'm on my third one. Do not have the 06 though. Dealer tells me the noise is normal and so is leaking. I told the service advisor I would like to choke him and ask if it's normal. I was asked to leave! If I do get the 06 will it be any better? The one I have now has leaked for last 10K but it just does not break no matter how hard I try.
4. Radio volume button is flaked. Dealer said normal see #3 above. Have you guys been able to get fixed under waranty?
5. Rear door handle rattles- Dealer said it's normal because of my aftermarket exhaust. See #3 above. Ok it's the door handle with the fake chrome on it. How do I make it stop!
Also my wifes S-Type Jag caught on fire yesterday! At least this has not happened to the V.

First off, threatening a dealer will get you knowhere. Now you have to find another one.

1. The UUC shifter is the best they say.

2. I have no idea, sorry.

3. The 06 diff is much better, but not perfect

4. A dealer will replace just the knobs, but dont yell at them!

5. Another dealer issue.

Hope that helped.

homer403
01-20-06, 10:56 AM
:histeric: get a new dealer... you should scratch his car and ask "is that normal"...I haven't heard crap like this in a long time. Or better yet.. drive up here to VA and see James at Lindsay Cadillac.

GT04CTS-V
01-20-06, 10:56 AM
Agree with F. Get a UUC shifter, no increase in noise from stock. Replace your current dealer with another. Anybody who tells you that radio knobs flaking is normal, is an idiot.

alcast082
01-20-06, 11:01 AM
I have had my navi replaced 3 times under warranty,
this problem shouldn't be aproblem , try another dealer.

1badcady
01-20-06, 11:31 AM

TEX, the guys are corect! as far as the ticking stainless is not the best
application for the street, it doesnt like the change in temp. I went
with TPIS & RT cats no ticking, there also coated, so theres less heat in
the engine bay, cam & heads are next:thumbsup:

Lindsay Cadillac
01-20-06, 11:37 AM
1. My B&M Shifter just sucks!- it makes so much noise that it's about to drive me nuts. I have put like five sheets of dynomat around it. What do I do to make it go away. Do I just go back to stock? or get rid of the B&M and buy the the other brand(forgot the name).Already said but... Get a UUC, you won't regret it... I even know where you can get one... :)

2. My SW long tube headers tick so loud that when I first had them installed I pulled over at least three times to make sure I had oil in my car. It make the tick noise at the collectors. I have no cats, and magnaflow exhaust. First off I want to buy some cats from someone because the car just stinks. I sit in traffic a bunch. SW sent me a new set of headers and I still have same tick. I have no leaks! Been to three places and all three say they have never heard headers tick that loud. I had heads and a cam done as well so could this be part of the cause? What do I do?Only suggestion I can add would be to make sure all the joints/connections are tight and all the bolts/clamps are tight. Not 100% sure on this without seeing exactly where it's leaking, but this has been a problem with headers. One of the biggest reasons to not do headers IMO anyways.

3. Rear end- As alot of you know I'm on my third one. Do not have the 06 though. Dealer tells me the noise is normal and so is leaking. I told the service advisor I would like to choke him and ask if it's normal. I was asked to leave! If I do get the 06 will it be any better? The one I have now has leaked for last 10K but it just does not break no matter how hard I try.Leaking is definately not normal... Depending on how bad the leak is that could be adding to your noise if the fluid is low...

4. Radio volume button is flaked. Dealer said normal see #3 above. Have you guys been able to get fixed under waranty?If the finish is flaking off, should be under warranty. Volume buttons can be replaced without replacing the entire NAV unit ... See TSB here http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/05-08-44-029.pdf

5. Rear door handle rattles- Dealer said it's normal because of my aftermarket exhaust. See #3 above. Ok it's the door handle with the fake chrome on it. How do I make it stop!Unless you have straight pipes & headers on your car without cats or mufflers I can't see it being the cause of a rattle.

TXSilverV
01-20-06, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys! Anyone want to buy a used B&M shifter? And I have the stock one as well. James I will call you on Monday and order the UUC. Should I just take the stupid headers off? How much HP will I lose? Going to a new dealer today.

PneuBird
01-20-06, 12:30 PM
Sorry about all the problems your having but James is right on the money. I would try a set of headers from Kooks. I have had them on for two weeks and no problems with ticking or fitment. :highfive:

TXSilverV
01-20-06, 12:40 PM
OK SW Long Tube headers and B&M Shifter for sale. I also have two G-Force KDW Stock Size with 1,000-1,500 miles as well.

CTSVLS6
01-20-06, 01:03 PM
Are you 100% sure it is the headers? My SW headers make no noise at all, how ever I had a lot of ticking sound, that sounded like the old solid lifters from the late 60"s. I talked to Phil about it and he said it was the profile of the lobes on the cam. I had him install a different cam- bigger while we were in there- with improved lobe design. NO MORE NOISE. Just thought I would share my experence with you, but with out hearing your car run, I can't say for sure if you have the same noise.

daytripper
01-20-06, 01:49 PM
Dealer tells me the noise is normal and so is leaking. I told the service advisor I would like to choke him and ask if it's normal. I was asked to leave!

Now that is funny! Not very productive, but funny. I'm sure a lot of guys on this board sympathize with the dealer frustration and normal comments. A normal leak, that's one of the best I've heard.

Sorry about the woes with the V and the flaming Jag. Get your 4th diff (what's the record, anyway) and your replacement radio knob under warranty. Probably have to live with the ticking headers, unless you want to get another set or go back to stock.

Brian R.

VDiddy
01-20-06, 03:15 PM
Buy the UUC shifter, get kooks headers, fire your dealer and get Bob to buy your wife & girlfriend some boobs.... oh, and a Z06 too. :yup:

CTSV05
01-20-06, 03:30 PM
How in the hell can all these flaws be "normal" on a 50K car....
these frikkin dealers kill me!!!!!!

I would also supect the cam for some noise, too fast of a ramp speed will incite a soild lifter sound.

keeksv
01-20-06, 03:38 PM
tick-tick-tick = leak-leak-leak.

So, ask this dealer "if the rubber insert in my cup holder comes out, is that from my exhaust, too?"

You need a new rear (another) and a new dealer.

ew

CVP33
01-20-06, 09:42 PM
1) I have the B&M shifter. Transmits noise when I rest my hand on the shifter. I have wrapped it to death with dynamat. Better, but not silent.

2) I had the BB headers. The new gaskets should fix your issues. Percy's plus copper sandwich. Percy's are on ebay, not sure where the copper ones can be found.

3) Three!? Three!? I'm on #6! You've got a lot of catching up to do.

4) Radio peeling. You're behind again. My third one goes in next week.

5) Door rattled after I installed the Infinity speakers. I found a loose connector and taped it down. No more noise. I do have some other creaks though.

ace996
01-20-06, 10:09 PM

I also had some issues with the B&M. Here's what I did. Yes, wrap the stalk with some dynamat. Second, look underneath the car and make sure the rubber shifter bushings are seated correctly...then tighten the shifter down again. This made a GREAT DEAL of difference and now I only hear synchro sound during the shift. This may allow you to save the cost of a UUC and uninstall/install.

Some wish their Vs caught on fire....

-ace

CVP33
01-20-06, 10:15 PM
Ace - I love your new location. :D Ah the subtleties of the forum. I love it.

ace996
01-20-06, 10:21 PM
CVP- 36 days and counting....:histeric: :dance:

It's gonna be too easy...
-ace