: AAAAAHHHHHH My V Is Back.......

CTSV05
01-20-06, 12:35 AM
Just an update ....first the kits are almost ready. I am doing final welding and fabrication tommorrow and I will paint maybe Sat. if all goes well.

Now for the title, I was under our car as I need to do final fitment, anyway, I replaced GMs excuse with my metal spacers..........all I can say is I sure missed my kit fully installed!

As many may remember, I am a very aggressive driver, and the soft spacers had left much to be desired on any shift above 6K. Below this the combo of my kit and the GM excuse were sufficient, and for many, the spacers may be all they need.

But I am happy to report that , oh I also re-installed my pinion support, that the car is again planting the tires, with several full rpm shifts only a trace of , not hopping, but a couple skips, is a blast again to thrash...Um I mean tour around in. Yeah thats the ticket.

The support I'm happy to say with the '06 diff added only maybe a 5-10% noise increase.....waaaaaay less than the orig diff.

Seattle CTS-V
01-20-06, 01:23 AM
I can't wait to get my Stage 3 kit. It's killing me!!! Oh well, I guess it's good that the kit will be placed about the same time as the Maggie!

stkshkr
01-20-06, 02:09 AM
Do you have any extra stage 3 kits available? How much to install if I bring the car up there? You can PM me if you wish

rgd
01-20-06, 05:54 AM
Just an update ....first the kits are almost ready. I am doing final welding and fabrication tommorrow and I will paint maybe Sat. if all goes well.

Now for the title, I was under our car as I need to do final fitment, anyway, I replaced GMs excuse with my metal spacers..........all I can say is I sure missed my kit fully installed!

As many may remember, I am a very aggressive driver, and the soft spacers had left much to be desired on any shift above 6K. Below this the combo of my kit and the GM excuse were sufficient, and for many, the spacers may be all they need.

But I am happy to report that , oh I also re-installed my pinion support, that the car is again planting the tires, with several full rpm shifts only a trace of , not hopping, but a couple skips, is a blast again to thrash...Um I mean tour around in. Yeah thats the ticket.

The support I'm happy to say with the '06 diff added only maybe a 5-10% noise increase.....waaaaaay less than the orig diff.

Hey Doug,

One thing though, your gonna need to come up with a kit for the guys that want to lower their cars. My bar was about two or three inches off the ground when I lowered my car. I took it off tonight so I can change it up and straighten the bar so I don't keep hittin stuff. It still helps hold the car tight in the turns though!

Bob
PS. How you doing; you still owe me a beer. By the way this is not to be considered negative press the cradle is an awsome mod!

CTSV05
01-20-06, 09:52 AM
Robert,

I may have to just send you the 2 bucks for the beer.....LOL Not sure when I'll be in Cali....

Well, I was wondering about this when you told me you lowered your car, it will need to be a comprimise between exh clearance and ground clearance.

Too bad you're so far away, I'd be happy to do it for you.

ahahnu
01-20-06, 01:39 PM
Doug, I have to push back my install. I have to work the week I was supposed to take off. I hate retail. I am in the process of switching jobs. Hope fully I'll know more in a week or two. If its a prob let me know and I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the advice. The two minute conversation helped alot. I cant wait to get out there go fo a ride.

VDiddy
01-20-06, 03:06 PM
Doug, I want the stage III Kit. Do you take Paypal? I'm going to guinea pig your kit with the Specter bushing for our illustrious group and report/ video the result. Can I have a discount for my efforts? :)

CTSV05
01-20-06, 03:24 PM
Yes VDiddy I take PayPal.......and as for the discount, I'm still waiting on mine....LOL

You can call me at 1-866-255-7068

or my PayPal is smallchev@msn.com

Ahanu, no worries, just let me know when you're ready.

CTSV05
01-21-06, 01:55 PM
VDiddy,

Will you please contact me??? I can not send u a PM.

willsctsv
01-21-06, 08:00 PM
Doug, I may have missed something. I thought you had to rid the V for personal reasons. Well, I'm glad you got it back. I know how it feels when you can't drive it for a while. I go through withdrawl. Nothing like opening up this beast from the second I hit a highway entrance ramp all the way up to triple digits. Just to hear the exhaust note and shifts is music to my ears.

CTSV05
01-22-06, 01:41 AM
Thanx Will!!

Well I talked my wife out of bancruptcy. This has been dificult, but business is picking up for us, and thanx to a renewed interest in my kits.:)