: an all time low, and a first for me

chuckdobbins
01-20-06, 12:14 AM
today on the way home from my afternoon classes i decided to take the back roads, which makes for a slightly longer trip, but involves less traffic/stops and i can cruise more. i drive a cadillac, i like to cruise =) um, anyways...im coasting along at a little over 40, in a 35 zone so im doing ok, and im coming to a very out in the open intersection that i cross all the time.

ive got a blinking yellow, traffic entering from the left has a blinking red and a stop sign of course. as i approach the light, i notice two blondes in a red mustang at the stop sign. i know what youre thinking, i turned to gawk and almost wrecked...not quite. i covered the brake and continued coasting. as i get closer, both of them make eye contact with me, then the driver looks left and jumps out of the sidestreet attempting to make a left in front of me.

im not that close where i can just punch it and escape, so i slam the brake like i never have before, causing all sorts of gross noises and a little grind from the abs. the mustang stops just before they cross the center of the road completely, and i manage to pull to the right to avoid the nose.

just as fast as i owned the brakes, i turn to the left, looking pretty much head on at them through their windshield, and put on the meanest look i could muster (which was probably quite humorous actually) and i flip a nice strong bird at them. dane cook fans know the type of middle finger i mean here.

the drivers jaw dropped, and the passenger just looked away. i took off. how DARE 2 airheads in a red v6 mustang threaten my deville lol.

so yeah, that was the first time while driving that ive ever given someone a solid middle finger. i know, im a jerk. lay it on me.

DaveDeVille
01-20-06, 12:18 AM
Sounds like you provided them with a needed wake up call. I approve.

Rolex
01-20-06, 12:22 AM
Lol. Glad you and the Cadi are ok. This sort of BS is the very reason I recently installed dual 135 dB airhorns behind the grill of the Escalade. :lildevil: Don't feel too guilty. I'm sure it was a knee-jerk reaction. :halo:

gary88
01-20-06, 12:26 AM
They deserved that SuFi.

chuckdobbins
01-20-06, 12:28 AM
i dont feel guilty. it was a hint of sarcasm.

thats brilliant what you did with airhorns. i had a friend one time rig the flood lights in the roof of his jeep to his rear bumper and directed them backwards...talk about blinded. same jeep also, took his rear window washer sprayer and cut the tip and face it back at an angle. i dont know how many times we sat in parking lots and back into groups of kids just to spray them and take off :canttalk:

chuckdobbins
01-20-06, 12:29 AM
They deserved that SuFi.

someone who understands. THANK YOU!! i swear a million little fingers rained down on them. i swear.

Rolex
01-20-06, 12:46 AM
i dont feel guilty. it was a hint of sarcasm.

thats brilliant what you did with airhorns. i had a friend one time rig the flood lights in the roof of his jeep to his rear bumper and directed them backwards...talk about blinded. same jeep also, took his rear window washer sprayer and cut the tip and face it back at an angle. i dont know how many times we sat in parking lots and back into groups of kids just to spray them and take off :canttalk:

LMAO. I had a good friend in college that turned the sprayer on his Jeep Cherokee's rear window around backwards. When people tailgated him he'd give them a good spraying to cool them off. :D

ETA: What's SuFi????

davesdeville
01-20-06, 03:21 AM
Wow I also had a friend who opened up the rear window sprayer on his Cherokee to spray cars behind him. He sprayed the 75 once, so I gently edged up to his bumper and pushed him up towards the intersection... gave him a lil scare, he stopped after that. :p

Spyder
01-20-06, 06:10 AM
Haha...we used to do the sprayer thing too...good times, all around!

terrible one
01-20-06, 09:16 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, had to get that out lol

That's funny, and cool because they definitly deserved it. How much time would they have gained by doing that? 3 seconds? Pointless....

SpeedyArizona
01-20-06, 09:29 AM
Sometimes you just need to express your anger in a non-violent way, I personally think "flipping the bird" is a much better way than trying to harm them. I see nuts like those everyday, and it doesn't phase me much anymore unless someone is just TRYING to piss everyone else off, than I let them have it.