Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New Facebook Group for STS V owners

3K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  baller95 
#1 ·
I was very surprised when I was searching facebook for am STS V group and couldn't find anything! I've owned quite a few cars the last couple of years and the Facebook groups at times are more useful. It is by no means a replacement for the forums but more so a supplement. It may also help track down some of these cars as almost everyone is on facebook. Right now it is very blank lacking any posts because I am a new sts v owner myself so join on up and let's see if we can make it a useful group for all. The group can be found under the name Cadillac STS V Owners Group

#27 ·
Basically my feelings exactly.....except I did start a fb page to highlight my 11 g-kids..............and then i joined the STS-V group here.

I would check fb out every once in a blue moon and it just drove crazy to see my friends and my own daughters felt the need to anounce to the world every god damn time they were making a sandwich!!

Who the crap cares......................apparently a lot of people.

Now on the STS-V fb site I see grown men and women taking pictures of their V's at the same rate I take pictures of my g-kids.

.............And I thought I was a car nut.

But I have to admit I'm having fun posting pictures of my g-kids.

How much $$ does the Zuckerman have now or whatever his name is??

#7 ·
Lol and that's perfectly fine! I know many people that have created a Facebook account solely for facebook groups... there are alot of great buy and sell groups in our area and facebook doesn't have to be just about telling people every bowel movements you have...

You don't have to use your real name or even add any friends! But by just being a grumpy old man and not having it you actually miss out on alot more than one would think. .. granted there arent many members yet if you look at the cts v groups there's almost 5,000 members. .. that's alot of knowledge and potential classified ads!

#16 ·
No sure how that is odd? For most of the vehicles I've had or my dad over the past 3 years I like going on forums such as this but facebook is also extremely nice at times and a way to connect with more v owners... if you don't like it don't join the group it's as simple as that! All I was trying to do is create another place for STS V Owners to congregate if you will. There's over 5000 members on the CTS V facebook group and I've been browsing it quite a bit lately and they seem like a pretty good bunch of guys!

Me "being here a week" is irrelevant I have been lurking on this site for a few months while I was searching for a car and rather than posting questions about every little question I had I started browsing and reading.

And sure I like picking up my phone as much as the rest BUT by posting on here I'm instantly in front of 500 plus like minded individuals [in some way shape or form] .... I don't have even one V owner in my contacts list to call though! Like it or not Facebook is the biggest social media site in the world and I would venture to say that more STS V Owners have a Facebook account than are on these forums.

I also like browsing pics of what others have done to their cars or any issues they've had in 5 he past so that if I run into issues in the future I know what to expect...

So in summary all i was trying to do with the group is help owners connect! And once again there's no need to be a crab ass about something so trivial you may think a Facebook group is pointless (damn technology) and I won't want to be added to your pen pal list!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.