: Someone @ the Auto-X

Seattle CTS-V
01-19-06, 08:00 PM
Hopefully not a repizzle...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5426101557494220198&q=Cadillac

Daffy
01-19-06, 08:13 PM
kewl

I've been autocrossing my 03 cobra stang, but I'm thinking of running the V, they're in the same class (AS), but the V handles sooooo much better.

ace996
01-19-06, 10:42 PM
Astock is not where the V will shine. Questions...
What is the widest race-rubber you can run on the Cobra? What is the thickest front swaybar you can use on the Cobra? What is the most negative camber you can run on either car?
Between the Cobra and V, you'll be able to run MUCH wider rubber and there's more options for front swaybars on the Cobra.

And then there's the STIs and Evos....I call them STEvos...very difficult to battle....then theres the S2Ks.

AStock is not a place for the V. The SCCA mis-classed the car, as it is not competitive with the other cars, weight/tire wise. I even think we'd have problems in FStock.... And if you have the Specter Bushings, or BMR AWK, you're in StreetPrep.

Now its not that I don't think its fun autoxing the V...I do, and when driven well it is a real sight to behold, but current classing is just not acceptable.
With the new rules relegating the STEvos to BSP, I believe ESP would be a better place for us.

-ace

calicadi
01-20-06, 01:48 AM
Nicely done! That looked like a V-friendly course, too. Occasionally I get to run courses like that here in the San Francisco Region, mainly because a cadre of directors are 'vette, and Cobra pilots. Many times though they are much tighter, catering to the many, many cars of Nippon that show up.

Reclassing the V was in front of the Solo board. Can't recall if they went through with that or not. I'll check the site when I get a chance. I'm now running Street Touring Ultra (STU) because of all the mods. Still up against the same basic competition, STi's and Evos, plus something new compared to A Stock... M3 Beemers. And of course they have their mods, too. So, like in Dr. Strangelove, what we have now is a mod-gap.

Devil_concours
01-20-06, 02:04 AM
very nice

NH-V
01-20-06, 09:58 AM
Anyone notice his TC is on?
hands all over the wheel, no brain buckets....