: Englishtown Swap Meet Apr 28-30th

DaveSmed
01-19-06, 04:11 PM
Englishtown Swap Meet Apr 28-30th

Who's Interested in going? Lets get a Meet going!

Katshot
01-19-06, 06:26 PM
Alright, I'll go. I've never been to it but I understand it's something that shouldn't be missed. Hell, if nothing else, it'll be nice to see you again Dave.

DaveSmed
01-20-06, 02:07 AM
Alright, I'll go. I've never been to it but I understand it's something that shouldn't be missed. Hell, if nothing else, it'll be nice to see you again Dave.

Cool, E-Town's swap meet is pretty big, bigger than Super Chevy's (though I plan on going there too :D ) So I plan to accumulate considerable piles of old car stuff before coming home. I'm looking foward to seeing you again too, been too long IMO. I'm on the mend at the moment though, was in an accident last week. Should be OK by the Philly Auto show though, at least I hope. Everyone says broken ribs tend to take awhile to heal, so time will tell.

Katshot
01-20-06, 05:39 AM
Accident? Broken ribs? What the heck happened?

DaveSmed
01-20-06, 01:10 PM
Accident? Broken ribs? What the heck happened?

Me and my BMW got our butts kicked. Was T-boned hard enough to flip the car on its roof.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/davesmed/resize.jpg
Notice you still cant see the friggin door.... LUCKILY I didn't have a passenger. I got three broken ribs, and a bunch of stitches (my glasses cut me up pretty good). Not bad, considering the car... I'm mending pretty well, and im on administrative leave from school, which is why i'm posting around here so much lately.

Katshot
01-20-06, 01:30 PM
Damn! That car's messed up. How and when did it happen?

DaveSmed
01-20-06, 01:47 PM
Happened last week, Sunday afternoon. Hit some gravel and spun, and got nailed. I tell ya, I have no luck with this stuff.

Katshot
01-20-06, 01:58 PM
Hell, no luck? You could be in worse shape you know. I'll bring my son when I come and the two of you can compare stories of how you kill your cars! ;)

DaveSmed
01-20-06, 02:07 PM
Hell, no luck? You could be in worse shape you know. I'll bring my son when I come and the two of you can compare stories of how you kill your cars! ;)

True, but I coulda done without the whole looking around and realizing UP became DOWN inside the car... :ill: Haha yea, I heard he's done his fair share of damage too...

Katshot
01-20-06, 02:16 PM
Haha yea, I heard he's done his fair share of damage too...

Yeah, you could say that. He's only 22 and he's already totalled 2 cars! Both beautiful Lincolns. I told him he needs to stay away from fast Lincolns! Come to think of it, he should stay away from fast cars all together! ;)

Tommy Deville
02-14-06, 12:58 AM
English town New Jersey?

Katshot
02-14-06, 05:49 AM
Yep.

CADDYBLACK99
02-14-06, 10:25 AM
Dave

Glad to hear you are on the mend! That looks nasty! Don't push the rib thing...go easy!

Paul

DaveSmed
02-14-06, 03:07 PM
Dave

Glad to hear you are on the mend! That looks nasty! Don't push the rib thing...go easy!

Paul

Yea, i'm feeling pretty good now, healed up nice. Certainly was no fun at the time though, the passenger side door is crushed flat against the trans hump and center console. That car held up pretty damn good all things considered, but it still broke my heart to see it go (sucks Rick has to go through the same thing...) And I found out about not pushing the ribs the hard way. (of course...) After a night of riding around doing dumb stuff in my friends car a week after the accident, the next day's activities consisted of laying in bed trying not to move and taking pain killers. The bruised lung thing sucked too. Ah well, still in one piece, and thats what matters.

Katshot
03-04-06, 08:38 AM
Bump.
Don't forget guys. I'm hoping to get a good turn out.

DaveSmed
03-04-06, 05:40 PM
I'll be there. Hopefully I'll be getting a ride, but if not the Cad will be there.

Katshot
03-04-06, 10:33 PM
I'll be there alright. I just hope some CTS-V's will be there.

DaveSmed
04-27-06, 03:08 PM
Bump for this weekend! (sucks Carlisle got rained out)