: gauge install?

AmesCTS-V
01-19-06, 01:32 PM
I've looked around at where others have installed a single or dual gauge setup. It seems like the ash tray is the best place for the V. But a lot of the threads are old enough that the attached images are gone so I can't actually see what was done. So what's the best way to install a gauge or two? Pics are good:)

1MEANV
01-19-06, 02:57 PM
Here Is A Good Spot

blackonblackonblack
01-19-06, 03:05 PM
I have been trying ways to get my boost gauge to fit in the ash tray. However, I am too chicken to just start cutting up my car to figure it out. I figured that if you did it with 1/8" balsa wood and had it wrapped in leather, or what would look the best, is finding some thin billit aluminum that matched that on the steering wheel and door handle.

HDMLNIUM
01-19-06, 03:11 PM
Scan gauge installed..
Bill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/AeroForce-scan-gauge.jpg

wildwhl
02-12-06, 04:38 PM
Another hacked up ashtray. Pic isn't very good, but it is an Autometer D-PIC with a hidden valet mode switch and a 12VDC outlet (lower left below the gauge) made up of a 2.5MM headphone jack.

Decided against a boost gauge since I can either log boost if I really want to as well as - well - it is what it is. Besides, my assometer10000 seems to log boost just fine. The D-PIC seems like a fun gadget to me...

So what this really means is that I have a mildly used G-tech Pro Competition model for sale cheap :)

I plan to reinstall the gauge/ashtray when I'm done typing here and try the switched power mod with the relay as found on the .faq (if I can find a relay locally) tomorrow.

Another weekend, another mod. Life is good.

:alchi:

DaveBlk
02-12-06, 04:50 PM
Hey MEANV where did you get that shifter knob i want one?

lasstss
02-12-06, 05:17 PM
I would like to help you guys out if I could find an easy way to do the job. Its a major hack job..

Opens and closes just as before...

DILLIGAF
02-12-06, 07:12 PM
My boost guage is mounted where the cig lighter went.My ashtray still closes,I don't know if these guys tray does.My guess is no.

wildwhl
02-12-06, 08:38 PM
Ashtray opens and closes as before...and the valet switch trick is really sweet. Need to do a writeup. Nobody will EVER find it, and it is ultra simple to operate.

heavymetals
02-12-06, 09:16 PM
Hold tight guys.

I may have a solution for the boost guage.:shhh:

DILLIGAF
02-12-06, 09:34 PM
Hold tight guys.

I may have a solution for the boost guage.:shhh:

I hate secrets and ashtrays:banghead:

GT04CTS-V
02-12-06, 10:08 PM
Hey MEANV where did you get that shifter knob i want one?

The shift knob is from Lasstss. Cadillac Motorsports has them, check with Pete Raimondi.

GT