: Retarded Teenagers..[Long post]

speedyman_2
01-18-06, 11:58 PM
I get on the freeway and there it is, a green cavalier with a fart cannon. But, then, I see it pull up next to a random car on the freeway and rev at them. Then they proceed to swerve toward them acting like they were going to run into them. They did it about 3 times and It made me hot! So I pull up about 2 car lengths back and one lane over to the left and watch. They do it again. But this time as they try to speed away I pull behind and flash the high beams on/off rapidly. This scares the crap outta the driver and I see brake lights and then a blinker as he pulls over to the far right lane. http://anti-rice.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif I stop flashing and they realize I'm not a cop so they keep driving like good little boys but I get behind them and leave my brights on. Then they decide they will try to outrun me. http://anti-rice.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif So I catch up to them and follow them for quite awhile, and I finally get beside them. I motion for them to roll the window down and they think I want to race. The passenger then starts counting down from 3 with his fingers and then he floors it. Car gets loud but doesn't move http://anti-rice.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif . I'm still beside them in overdrive as he tries to climb to 85 still motioning for them to roll down the window. Then I see the passenger shake his head NO. I'm sure they thought I was trying to kill them by now. So finally, with a last second swerve they get off at an exit but I'm not that stupid and I'm right there behind them. Once on the side road I get next to the driver side and tell him to roll the window down. This time he does and I say, "That crap you were doing back there, (I did the swerve, but no where near as crazy) Don't do it again!" Then he has the audacity to say, "It was an accident." I said, don't give me that crap!! I saw you do it more than 3 times!! Don't do it again!! They both nod with this scared look and say , "ok." Anyways, I hope they were scared enough that they won't do this ever again. San Diego already has enough crazy drivers!! And on the way back I saw a wreck that had already happened, and I almost got in one myself!! Anyways, Rant over. http://anti-rice.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/biggrin2.gif

CaddyCrisis
01-19-06, 12:11 AM
Too bad Chuck Norris wasn't there to roundhouse kick them in the throat!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-19-06, 12:14 AM
Well that took some balls to do that....
I bet you scared the shit out of them seeing as how you're driving a black Cadillac

Black Cadillac= Mafia (dumbass teenager's mentality)

haha along the same lines as that, I was on my way home from work,about 9:15 on 35E in the right lane, doing about 80 in a 70...just crusing along, and I pass this black 98 trans am, no big deal. So about a minute later, I get into the middle lane because my exit is next, and I'm still doing about 78-80 and I wanna get over into the right lane so I can get to my exit. So I put on my blinker and check for an opening, so I see these headlights on my right side, and most drivers would slow down for me so I could get in, but not him, so I get it up to about 85, then cut in. Now we're coming up quickly on a Buick Century doing about 65-70, So I brake, and he starts to tailgate me. And then in the wink of an eye, he cuts to my left, guns it and then cuts the buick off to get onto the onramp, and he just baaaarely makes it onto there.

It was that black Trans Am I passed a minute ago
Now I'm thinking...surely this CAN'T be a male teenager!

So anyways, I pull up next to him on the exit ramp, hes taking a left and I'm going right.....It was a teenage guy, couldn't have been more than 17.

I admit, I am a teenager, and I drive fast sometimes, but I dont do stuff like that, and not just because I drive a "boat" if I had a Trans Am I wouldnt do that stuff. It's annoying, very rude, and quite dangerous. Now keep in mind that it's MN, its January and its like 24* outside. Just imagine if he hit some ice when he got on that onramp at 85mph.. He would have gotten t-boned by that Century, and I would have not been able to brake hard enough to miss that Century, so I would have rear ended it..

When you're 16 you really think you have the best car ever, and you drive it like it is, but after 6 months or so, you realize you and your car are not infact "invincible".

Believe me, I've done it, and I've seen it happen to my friends

And some lady in a Grand Caravan almost merged into me today!

Dumb people.....

Rolex
01-19-06, 12:15 AM
http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_nosmile.gif

That is all.

davesdeville
01-19-06, 08:13 AM
Funny. People never really come close to hitting me when I'm driving my 75. I don't really have the desire to get shot, so I avoid confronting other drivers. With possible exceptions if they're endangering me already.

D148L0
01-19-06, 01:31 PM
Oh, the irony...

You get my point Rolex, don't you?

Rolex
01-19-06, 02:38 PM
Oh, the irony...

You get my point Rolex, don't you?

;)

MrEr1c
01-20-06, 12:23 AM
Car gets loud but doesn't move http://anti-rice.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif .

ahahahahahaha! man that is hilarious.

I am surprised to see that someone your age would actually do what you did. Good for you. (not being sarcastic)

speedyman_2
01-20-06, 01:48 AM
Hmm don't know some of you guys reactions to this but some people think I was just as wrong for doing what I did. But I can say this. If I didn't do what I did, and then came upon a wreck and saw these boys involved and someone else hurt or maybe even dead, I would feel really really bad.

davesdeville
01-20-06, 03:41 AM
Holier than thou 29 and 33 year olds...

Rolex
01-20-06, 12:44 PM
Holier than thou 29 and 33 year olds...
I'm hardly holier than the pope, but this is just the kind of nonsense that gets you into trouble. And depending on who you decide to chase down, could get you a thorough arse kicking or [much] worse. I clearly DO NOT side with the children who were swerving at people on the freeway, but it would have been safer to copy down the plate number of all people involved and notify the police. You could even offer your name and information as a witness.

Please by all means, chase down everyone on the road who drives like an idiot and give them a good verbal lashing. I just don't like your odds if you decide to regularly engage perfect strangers in an agressive way.

And now my son....you are forgiven. ;) :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/POPE.jpg

ETA: davesdeville: get it right brother, I turned 30 today. :rolleyes:

Caddy Man
01-20-06, 01:30 PM
People need to stop acting as if they are vigilantes. It is not anyones place to ''try to teach someone a lesson'' Slow down, let them pass and move on with your life. If you feel they are acutally being unsafe, copy the plate and notify the police. People are crazy these days, I'll never mess with anyone on the road. Who knows who is carrying a weapon, my life isnt worth getting my point across to some dumbass. Let the authorities handle it.

D148L0
01-20-06, 02:16 PM
I knew you would, Rolex.

iametarq
01-20-06, 04:27 PM
I have to admit that about two weeks after I bought my Seville I finally had a road trip to take it highway bound on. I had some teenagers in a Honda that were messing around with me, so I started messing with them back. The highway was not crowded by any means or else I would not have done this...but everytime they'd try and pass me i'd punch the gas and there was no way their honda could catch up or get around. this went on for about 15 minutes until the roads split and i went one way and they went the other. as the road split and they could be somewhat next to me they all gave me the bird.

but damn it was fun.:lildevil: i am usually very calm and don't mess around with other drivers when driving. ;)

speedyman_2
01-20-06, 04:32 PM
I'm hardly holier than the pope, but this is just the kind of nonsense that gets you into trouble. And depending on who you decide to chase down, could get you a thorough arse kicking or [much] worse. I clearly DO NOT side with the children who were swerving at people on the freeway, but it would have been safer to copy down the plate number of all people involved and notify the police. You could even offer your name and information as a witness.

Please by all means, chase down everyone on the road who drives like an idiot and give them a good verbal lashing. I just don't like your odds if you decide to regularly engage perfect strangers in an agressive way.

And now my son....you are forgiven. ;) :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/POPE.jpg

ETA: davesdeville: get it right brother, I turned 30 today. :rolleyes:
Ok A few things about this that ain't gonna work.

1. I didn't exactly chase them or give them a lashing. No cussing. No screaming. No road rage. I pretty much followed them. I simply told them in a stern voice, "Don't do it again."

2. Calling the police here is like an automated phone service. You'll be on hold and go through menus. On top of that like most things the cops will brush it off very easily. I've already done that before and I did write down the plate number, but knew it wouldn't do anything. They were no older than 17 and the passenger was probably 15! They were scared to death when I looked over at them, because they knew what they had done was wrong. Like I said before, I'd feel much better knowing I stopped them from doing it once more, which could've lead to a wreck.

3. Forgiveness from the Pope.....ummm no.

Rolex
01-20-06, 09:28 PM
Ok A few things about this that ain't gonna work.

1. I didn't exactly chase them or give them a lashing. No cussing. No screaming. No road rage. I pretty much followed them. I simply told them in a stern voice, "Don't do it again."

First I never really criticized you until I was referred to as holier than thou. And you've entirely missed my point which had nothing to do with what you said, but more to do with the fact you gave chase and confronted these people.

2. Calling the police here is like an automated phone service. You'll be on hold and go through menus.

I appreciate the exageration here. At least I hope you're exagerating, or dialing the wrong number for emergencies. I have personally NEVER encountered a 911 service with automated menus. If the police board is swamped with calls it is possible to get a busy signal.

On top of that like most things the cops will brush it off very easily. I've already done that before and I did write down the plate number, but knew it wouldn't do anything. They were no older than 17 and the passenger was probably 15! They were scared to death when I looked over at them, because they knew what they had done was wrong. Like I said before, I'd feel much better knowing I stopped them from doing it once more, which could've lead to a wreck.

So you calculated your risk and it paid off for you. It's also very possible the 15 y/o could have been "heeled" and shot you in the face when you stopped [which is more to my point].

I also get VERY frustrated with the police response to drunk or reckless drivers. The state police have an anemic response at best. I've been 'blown off' every time I called. I did find that the Benton County sherrif's dept is the exact opposite when I called on a possible drunk driver one afternoon. They had 3 cars on this guy within 5 miles. That was a first for me.

3. Forgiveness from the Pope.....ummm no.

The pope forgiveness thing was satirical. That was my defensive response to being called "holier than thou." IE: it was only a joke.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/lightenup.jpg

;) :p

Pimpin_Whity
01-20-06, 10:21 PM
WOW, you guys are turning this into an argument. this is really nothing, the guy decided to put a couple for dorks in their place, so what. i woudn't think any shooting would be done because he told them not to do that, they could have told him to "please go **** yourself" (from Pink Floyd) but that's about it. as for me, i just LOVE putting those kind of people into their place. although i dont do it where it would put me or anyone else (i mean my beautiful car :D ) in danger :halo: . but that doesn't make them stop doing whatever it is they were doing, actually makes it worse cause now they're mad :banghead:

SilverFleetwood85
01-20-06, 11:00 PM
Wow, the two teenagers in the chevy were really asking for an accident, you something that I have always wanted to do, tell off a reckless driver. When I was a teenager I drove and still drive the speed limit, I was too afraid of getting a ticket (which means higher insurance) or an accident.

danbuc
01-21-06, 12:25 AM
I was driving home on the Garden State Parkway one time and ended up calling the police one this kid driving a Carolla. He was all over the place, had no headlight's on (it was 9:30 at night) and had one of those goofy neon license plate things (which are also illegal in Jersey). Anyway, he kept coming up behind me and riding my bumper. Everytime I he did this, I would speed up to distance myself from him. Most sensible people would see the rapid and loud acceleration as sign to back off, but not this guy. He just kept coming back for more. He also was all over the road, and nearly side swiped two minivans, as well as my car, and an Explorer. After about 15 minutes of tolerating that guy, I was fed up, and called the State Police on his ass. It just wasn't worth the damaged that would have most certainly been done to my car, if I went after him.

On the other hand, I did go after this one guy driving an Explorer who felt the need to pull out in front of me whle loking in the opposite direction with abotu 50 ft to spare in a 45 mph zone. He went, and I slammed on the brakes trying not ti slam into the side of his truck. I quickly poroceeded to make a U-turn in the middle of the road, and chased him down. I got along side him, pull in front and slowed down to a stop diagonally across both lanes (there's was traffic behind him, so he was't going anywhere. I steeped otu of my car, and walked up to his window and demanded he roll it down. The second that window started dropping I went off on him like I had never done before. I think he thoguht I was gonna kill him or something, because the look on his face as I started screaming through his window was pure terror. I knew it was wrong, and could have been dangerous, but the the guy could have easily driven right into the side of my car, had he pulled out not more than a second later. That is the only time I have ever felt the need to exit my vehicle, and confront another driver.