: '06 Wheel Center Caps - One Side Different from the Other?

guyspat
01-18-06, 10:13 PM
Somebody please tell that I have got a collector car because on one side of my '06 I have the black centre caps and on the other side the centre caps are silver. I'm hoping the car is like those coins where the head is struck the looking the wrong way and the mint only realizes there mistake after a hundred coins out of millions reach the general public.

Seriously though are the caps readily changed? IMHO, I like the silver version as opposed to the black.

ctsvett
01-18-06, 10:29 PM
Picture please.. I dont know how this is possible...

Reed

CIWS
01-18-06, 10:38 PM
Since the caps and/or wheels can be swapped, it would seem kinda difficult to consider it a "collector's car" unless you could get the factory to provide proof it was built that way.
The 2006's were supposed to have the black caps, however like this pic on GM's site shows, they are calling this a "2006 CTS-V" and it has the 2005s silver ones..

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/previewpage?025697

CVP33
01-18-06, 10:42 PM
Mid-cycle screw up. Better check your rear differential. Something tells me you may have a 2005 one under there. :histeric:

guyspat
01-18-06, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback - my tongue was firmly in my cheek about having a one-off collectors car. I have to think it was an line screw-up although the tyres are the '06 standard RSAs.

What I would really like to hear is that the wheel center cap is intregal to the wheel and that I can get Cadillac to give me another two wheels with matching center caps resulting in a set of rears for the track. I'm dreaming aren't I...

thefly
01-18-06, 11:00 PM
pretty funny actually, i am kind if in your boat. i only got a gm badge on 1 side of the car. it has since been removed...

BeagleBrains
01-18-06, 11:24 PM
In my youth I had a job at a GM dealership as auditor/inventory control for new car receipt. Every few months a new car (Buick, Olds, or Cadillac) would arrive with really contrived missapplied parts and insignia. A Buick was delivered with LeSabre insignia on the driver's side, Electra on the other and Oldsmobile parts in the interior. Kind of like Johnny Cash's 47-48-49... Cadillac. The line people get bored sometimes. Other fun things: a pop bottle hanging on a wire inside the front fender panel. Try to figure out that rattle. How about metal screws driven into the underside of the spare tire in the trunk. Very likely you would not find this until it was installed and "seems to have an air leak" somewhere.

DaveBlk
01-19-06, 12:03 AM
I've got a bud with a slade. He's got 2 different wheels on each side of the unit. IT's cool. And it drives his wife nuts She's always getting people asking if the tire shop forgot to put the right wheels back on.:cool2:

Joey'sVee
01-19-06, 09:56 AM
God....I've heard it all now...you mean they are screwing up caps and badges now?

urbanski
01-19-06, 11:12 AM
they are not integral
they snap right out

Kadonny
01-19-06, 11:20 AM
I like the silvers much better. Add that to the list of what I want the dealer to throw in.

LV_V
01-19-06, 01:57 PM
My V had gunmetal 19's on the left and chrome on the right for the past year. They are at the powdercoater as we speak getting a nice coat of graphite black (all 4)! Get them back Monday!!

DaveSRX
01-19-06, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback - my tongue was firmly in my cheek about having a one-off collectors car. I have to think it was an line screw-up although the tyres are the '06 standard RSAs.

What I would really like to hear is that the wheel center cap is intregal to the wheel and that I can get Cadillac to give me another two wheels with matching center caps resulting in a set of rears for the track. I'm dreaming aren't I...

guyspat,

Would love to check out your V. I am in Harrisburg as well. Have an 04 SRX and have been looking for a V.

Did you get yours at Brenner?

Dave

guyspat
01-20-06, 10:33 PM
I actually ordered mine from Kelly in Lancaster. I liked them because when I was looking in November they had a used '05 that they readily allowed me to test drive. I think my V is great and touch wood has been problem free.

DaveSRX
01-21-06, 10:52 PM
Guyspat,

Can you remember if the 05 seemed any slower than your 06?

I may go look at a used 04 in Chester county soon. That is if they can actually get back to me with answers to my simple questions regarding the car.

Let me know if I can check out your ride sometime. I live near 283 and 441.

Thanks.

Dave

Kadonny
01-23-06, 09:53 AM
Dave, what dealer in Chester County? I work in Chester County.