Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking at Purchasing an 08 STS V with 33k miles

3K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  anatwick 
#1 ·
Well after test driving an 07 STSV this weekend and having it slip through my fingers i found an 08 that I am interested in it is Black with Black guts with 33,000 miles on it looks like its in really good shape.... have negotiated a price of $25k

How does this price seem? Are there any better deals out there that i should be considering (i live in phoenix)

#5 ·
Oh Ok i couldve been wrong on that...

Now the guy has sent me pictures and while the car does have brand new tires on it there is road rash on all 4 of the wheels, not bad but noticeable enough to me. Also there is a small spot on the rear bumper that should be repainted, and the front valance below the bumper has two spots where it struck something...

I dont know if i should wait and try and find a different STS V that doesnt have the issues or if i should just buy this one...

#17 ·
My only gripe about these cars (and mine isnt even here yet) is that there is no backup camera and from what i understand no real easy way to install one unless i use the inputs in the center console.

I would really like to have front and rear cameras as it would just be downright handy many times! I suppose i could just get a lock pick and an AV swtich of some sorts where anytime i wanted to see the Rear cam i have it on one setting and if i want the front cam i have it on another...

Is there any other simple way to do this? I looked at replacing the headunit but sounds like thats a no go

#30 ·
Nope... I never said it was a make or break deal. I already purchased the car but want to have a backup camera on it...

I already found a solution that I am going with for front and rear cameras that seems very nice and the best part is it wont leave any permanent modifications to the car on it as they are license plate frames with the camera built in. as for the monitor it will use either my phone or a 7" android tablet that is in the car via blue tooth.

Its not that it was any sort of issue not coming from the factory with one I am just a technology freak and want to put front and rear cameras in the car. with the android tablet i will have my backup camera, as well as a front camera, in addition to my full music library, movies, obd 2 access, etc all right from the tablet without having to make any sort of permanent modifications to the car itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.